Bug when quitting HDR content.

Discus and support Bug when quitting HDR content. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I dont know if this is something that is a known issue or my X is bad. But whenever I quit a game that uses HDR, my X will freeze up or shut down on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lost Shinobi628, Jan 25, 2018.

  1. Bug when quitting HDR content.


    I dont know if this is something that is a known issue or my X is bad. But whenever I quit a game that uses HDR, my X will freeze up or shut down on its own. I have had it for a month and it only happened 4 times now but it was always related to quitting
    HDR games (Which look stunning on most games) I turned off HDR in my settings to see if that eliminates the issue. Had anyone else had something similar happen. I hope this is a firmware and not hardware problem.

    :)
     
    Lost Shinobi628, Jan 25, 2018
    #1
  2. Terratogen
    Terratogen Guest
    Netflix puts HDR on even when programs not in HDR

    Bug issue with latest Netflix - while I can watch 4k and HDR content fine - the app enabled HDR for ALL content when it shouldn't do. It means brightness is overblown etc in plain content.
     
    Terratogen, Jan 25, 2018
    #2
  3. Setting color depth for he's tv

    My Xbox one x is set to my her 4k display.

    I know it will automatically turn a lot of stuff on the tv when it detects hdr content. Bit for color depth, I know hdr needs 10 bit. But what about none hdr content.

    If I select 8 bit, will it automatically switch to 10 bit upon sending hdr content?
     
    blazinghellion, Jan 25, 2018
    #3
  4. Bug when quitting HDR content.

    What kind of TV do you have, and what are your display options set to in the Xbox settings? Are you also on the Preview program?
     
    Internet Expert, Jan 25, 2018
    #4
  5. I use a Toshiba Chromecast 50 inch. Got it from Best Buy. Xbox settings are 4K UHD, 10 bit. All marks are green except 4K 50hz. I am not a Preview Member. I feel like the OS is bugged though. Just last night I quit PUBG and even though the Xbox didn’t shut
    off it froze on the home screen and I could hear movement on screen, just wasn’t seeing it visually. Had to hard reset it
     
    Lost Shinobi628, Nov 1, 2018
    #5
  6. Lost Shinobi628 Win User

    Bug when quitting HDR content.

    What kind of TV do you have, and what are your display options set to in the Xbox settings? Are you also on the Preview program?
    I use a Toshiba Chromecast 50 inch. Got it from Best Buy. Xbox settings are 4K UHD, 10 bit. All marks are green except 4K 50hz. I am not a Preview Member. I feel like the OS is bugged though. Just last night I quit PUBG and even though the Xbox didn’t shut
    off it froze on the home screen and I could hear movement on screen, just wasn’t seeing it visually. Had to hard reset it
  7. Internet Expert Win User

    Bug when quitting HDR content.

    What kind of TV do you have, and what are your display options set to in the Xbox settings? Are you also on the Preview program?
  8. BryanCable Win User

    Xbox One S HDR Bug

    I have this issue with a Vizio 2016 P65. This issue happens 100% of the time when Netflix is loaded. The TV is triggered into HDR mode for all Netflix content and for the Xbox Dashboard as well. A force quit of Netflix will bring everything back to normal.

    UHD Blu Ray is working fine in HDR.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

    HDR

    Hi,

    In addition to Arminator's comments, HDR is best set to 'Auto' on your TV/monitor.

    Setting it to always on won't look right for SDR content, luminecence and colour will be all wrong on SDR games and video content with HDR forced to on.

    With HDR set to Auto, your display will only use HDR when HDR content is detected.
  10. Nv lx Drop xl Win User

    Xbox One X, Youtube + Netflix image issues Please Help!

    you could try this,

    Turn HDR off on your Xbox...only turn it on when you are going to watch HDR content on Netflix. Netflix puts your TV into HDR mode as soon as you launch the app so your TV thinks it's HDR content even
    when it's not.
Thema:

Bug when quitting HDR content.

Loading...
  1. Bug when quitting HDR content. - Similar Threads - Bug quitting HDR

  2. Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16: Hi team. Has anyone experienced something like this? I got all the base game achievements (even pushed hard this evening so I can hear that beautiful mythic sound) but it didn’t pop. The game...
  3. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  4. Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in

    in XboX Insiders
    Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in: I am an insider beta, I recently joined the insider beta. Yesterday we got the system, startup animation update, and I applied the Xbox one X version because that was my favorite by far and when...
  5. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  6. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  7. Reggression: activity feed deletion bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Reggression: activity feed deletion bug: After looking at my activity feed I figured id clear it up a little and delete the achievements im not too fussed about leaving the tough ones on or ones I liked doing. I deleted a few days worth...
  8. UI loop trap bug................

    in XboX Insiders
    UI loop trap bug................: There has been a bug going with true achievements app for years now. Im sure im not the only person thats noticed this. When viewing an achievement if you back out you need to press the B button...
  9. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  10. Xbox rewards auto redeem bug workaround

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox rewards auto redeem bug workaround: Hi everyone if your looking for a workaround to the auto redeem gift card bug that won't stay active. All you have to do is use your asus rog to apply it and it will stay active. If you dont...