BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates

Discus and support BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have this on two disc installed games now and sure it is Series X bug: - Rise of Tomb Raider - Quantum Break So needing updates or additional... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BookishFlunky90, Sep 25, 2022.

1. BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates

I have this on two disc installed games now and sure it is Series X bug:

- Rise of Tomb Raider

- Quantum Break

So needing updates or additional content this behavior comes

- install queue oscillates redrawing game image and saying "updating..." every second

- once in a while is says Mbps and that is a third of bandwidth only, not internet limit at all

- and update just pause every minute or so

Then behavior differ a bit between these two games

- Rise of Tomb Raider never resume update

- Quantum Break though resume by itself when it gets paused, but speed is dead slow

Note that base install of game to hdd or ssd was already as I migrated from Xbox One.

So started from disc first time after migration to series X do this.

Seems to me, being retired programmer, that something remains running from game start, that disturbs update process that is started.

Tomb raider was 29 GB update and Quantum Break 75 GB and it will take a day probably.

Not doable, so I cancelled, which uninstalls games.

Made a fresh install from disk, that I say Later to do online update at same time.

Then update shows in updates and starting this alone, never through starting game, works.

Problem with ROTR though was addons that still does not get separate update, so had to do starting game. But these were about 1 GB or so doable.

Never had anything similar on Xbox One. Clearly Series X issue.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Ragen Kjenstad Win User

Error code 0x80070032 keeps popping up when trying to install fallout new vegas ultimate edition. I'm using disc two so I can get the dlc but no matter what I do, it keeps canceling the install

Error code 0x80070032 keeps popping up when trying to install fallout new vegas ultimate edition. I'm using disc two so I can get the dlc but no matter what I do, it keeps canceling the install. I'm on the series X
    Hey dude just found a solution. Insert disc one, let it start installing, eject the disc and pause the download in the my game and apps queue.

Once paused, insert disc 2 and it should download all the DLC without the error.

Hope this helps <3
  4. ElBocko Win User

Minecraft 1.19 update problem

I successfully resolved this by uninstalling and reinstalling the Game. XBOX ONE.The xbox ONe is set to automatically update and there were indications on the queue page that it was installing (the update before i uninstalled it) but no activity was taking place. I also have a series X which did update correctly and automatically.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Battlefield 1 installation is taking forever.

If this is a digital game then it has to download and install the game. It will also install any necessary updates. If it is a disc game it will install it from the disc and install any necessary updates. If it is a disc game you might be able to speed
    it up some by putting your console in offline mode. A slow internet will definitely have an impact on the download/installation of games.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
  6. JediMasterBolt1 Win User

Xbox one Console suddenly not seeing External drives, even brand new backup console.

Same it has to be a bug in the update I have a series x as well and my usb hdd works on every other device I have except for my series x now since the update
Thema:

1. BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates - Similar Threads - BUG series disc

2. How can I stop this bug on MWIII on Xbox series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop this bug on MWIII on Xbox series S?: [img] Hello guys, I have been playing MWIII Ranked and this one issue keeps coming back, making the game unplayable. I am stuck in the game searching screen and when it finds a game it is...
  3. My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.: One day as usual, playing on my Xbox Series S when suddendly a network issue came out. I always use my LAN port to play online, since my wifi works really bad. The point is that even tho, i...
  4. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  5. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  6. xbox menu is bugging out series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox menu is bugging out series s: I got my xbox series s at christmas and it’s been fine until about 4 hours ago. I fast scroll over apps skipping multiple at a time and after i click the xbox button to go through the menu pages...
  7. Elite series 2 software bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 software bug: Issue started this morning . Turned xbox on, loaded into a game and my controller was being really weird. Some buttons wouldn't work or be extremely delayed. So I go into the accessory app to test...
  8. Sherlock holmes chapter one bug! (Xbox series s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock holmes chapter one bug! (Xbox series s): So I purchased this game in the sale because at 7.99 its a bargain....until you get onto a certain mission where you need a dialogue to come up.....and it doesn't So I even restarted the whole...
  9. Ads bug in Xbox Series S dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ads bug in Xbox Series S dashboard: Hello, I'm having a really weird bug, since the dashboard update all I have in my dashboard are ads about the Gamepass and the Microsoft Store, I'm pretty sure I paid for my console, I have the...
  10. my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...: my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i can’t play games or do anything c97f1047-ba26-43e9-b00c-55594632fcdc