Bug Report: Xbox One No Audio While Downloading (Dolby Atmos)

Discus and support Bug Report: Xbox One No Audio While Downloading (Dolby Atmos) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It appears that audio output stops while a download is active. Audio does not recover without a restart of the Xbox. This started after downloading and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Verkinix, May 4, 2018.

1. Verkinix
    Verkinix Guest

It appears that audio output stops while a download is active. Audio does not recover without a restart of the Xbox. This started after downloading and activating Dolby Atmos. I'm using a Plantronix RIG LX 800 headset & activated the Dolby Atmos key.

I've not had this problem prior to this configuration and it took some experimentation to figure out the "muse" of getting it into said state.

OS version:

(rs4_release_xbox_dev_1804.180418-1415)

:)

Verkinix, May 4, 2018
  2. rgrtht
    rgrtht Guest
    Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-K950/XY

Hi folks,

I have an Xbox One S (in Preview Ring 3) connected to HDMI 1 of my Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar (HW-K950/XY) and the soundbar connected to HDMI 4, which is ARC on my Samsung 4K TV (UA55KS8000W). One Connect box thing.

Dolby Atmos worked fine in Blu-ray right up until the recent spate of updates (when they introduced the Dolby app and the "Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre HDMI Only" option in the audio settings.

I've followed all the setup instructions to the letter, and my prob is that when I set the audio of the Xbox to the Atmos setting I get no sound whatsoever from the Xbox, not even system sounds. The Dolby app doesn't play Dolby Atmos, let alone any sound
    at all. Same deal with Blurays. I cant see any "known bugs" in the latest build for Xbox pertaining to Dolby Atmos, and I've scoured the net for solutions, to no avail.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be ever so grateful. I'm pulling my hair out and despairing of ever having Dolby Atmos again.

Thanks for your time,

rgrtht, May 4, 2018
  3. pheeos
    pheeos Guest
    ATMOS / Bitstream output not working correctly

Hey Folks,

I was really happy when the official Dolby app was available for install.

My XBox One is connected via HDMI to my Denon AVR-X4300 Atmos-Receiver. The Atmos-Demo Videos which come with the dolby-app work fine. Some Games (e.g. Outcast) have no sound at all while atmos / bitstream output is enabled in audio settings. Audio in amazon
    prime video stutters and has dropouts..

Are this still some incompatibilities or am I missing something?

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Michael

pheeos, May 4, 2018
  4. Bug Report: Xbox One No Audio While Downloading (Dolby Atmos)

Hi You guys can try the reset.

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide > Select Settings > All Settings > System > Console info & updates > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

FreeformBrake31, May 4, 2018
  5. Verkinix
    Verkinix Guest
    Yeah, I haven't tried a full reset as of yet. Last time I did that, it was an afternoon endeavor to get everything back the way I had it before.

This was more intended to help the Xbox team to discover the root cause (if they haven't already) and hopefully fix the core issue as there seem to be similar issues posted on various sites.

Verkinix, May 5, 2018
  6. Hi Verkinix,

Would it be possible to post a photo of your current audio output settings please? Also, do you see this happen when you turn off Dolby Atmos?

Thank you!

Mister Kellogg, May 5, 2018
  7. Verkinix
    Verkinix Guest
    Ok, I may have a little more info. The other day, I had the audio completely go out constantly, and even reboots would get sound for a short time until I would stop downloads and restart. This happened 20+ attempts.

Anyway, I set settings-> audio output to stereo, restarted, uninstalled dolby atmos access app, restarted, stopped the downloads, restarted, reinstalled dolby access, reconfigured headset for dolby atmos for headphones, and restarted the other downloads,
    but the problem persisted. I then selected the Using HDMI or optical audio headset checkbox and hooked up the HDMI to an HDMI audio sink device. I was getting audio there, but not through the headset. I did have the failure while the dolby atmos app was uninstalled
    completely.

At this point I figured it was an issue with the USB wireless dongle, so I hot plugged that (same USB port on the side of the xbox). This seemed to clear the issue (at least for the last couple days). I'm really not sure why the full system shutdown of the
    console didn't clear this unless power applied to USB devices remain active and the device dongle remains in the "bad state" that it was in.

It's also odd that downloading would cause a USB device failure that would clear up with turning off the download state. Perhaps some contention between the hard drive read/write access and the USB read/write multimedia stream access. It's possible the Hotplug
    reset the USB driver.

My settings are the following:

Display & Sound -> Headset Format -> Dolby Atmos for headsets & Using HDMI or optical audio headset Enabled

TV & OneGuide -> Audio & Video -> Audio -> Stereo (this setting is ambiguous as to how it should be set with Atmos, stereo vs surround, but to ensure that there wasn't an issue caused by doubling the surround processing, it's set to stereo).

I have an HDMI splitter connected to the HDMI Input port with a Nintendo Switch, SNES Classic, Xbox 360, and PC plugged in (no cable box device).

Verkinix, Nov 2, 2018
  8. Mister Kellogg Win User

Hi Verkinix,

Would it be possible to post a photo of your current audio output settings please? Also, do you see this happen when you turn off Dolby Atmos?

Thank you!
  9. Verkinix Win User

Hi ,

Thank you!
    Ok, I may have a little more info. The other day, I had the audio completely go out constantly, and even reboots would get sound for a short time until I would stop downloads and restart. This happened 20+ attempts.

Anyway, I set settings-> audio output to stereo, restarted, uninstalled dolby atmos access app, restarted, stopped the downloads, restarted, reinstalled dolby access, reconfigured headset for dolby atmos for headphones, and restarted the other downloads,
    but the problem persisted. I then selected the Using HDMI or optical audio headset checkbox and hooked up the HDMI to an HDMI audio sink device. I was getting audio there, but not through the headset. I did have the failure while the dolby atmos app was uninstalled
    completely.

At this point I figured it was an issue with the USB wireless dongle, so I hot plugged that (same USB port on the side of the xbox). This seemed to clear the issue (at least for the last couple days). I'm really not sure why the full system shutdown of the
    console didn't clear this unless power applied to USB devices remain active and the device dongle remains in the "bad state" that it was in.

It's also odd that downloading would cause a USB device failure that would clear up with turning off the download state. Perhaps some contention between the hard drive read/write access and the USB read/write multimedia stream access. It's possible the Hotplug
    reset the USB driver.

My settings are the following:

Display & Sound -> Headset Format -> Dolby Atmos for headsets & Using HDMI or optical audio headset Enabled

TV & OneGuide -> Audio & Video -> Audio -> Stereo (this setting is ambiguous as to how it should be set with Atmos, stereo vs surround, but to ensure that there wasn't an issue caused by doubling the surround processing, it's set to stereo).

I have an HDMI splitter connected to the HDMI Input port with a Nintendo Switch, SNES Classic, Xbox 360, and PC plugged in (no cable box device).
  10. Verkinix Win User

Yeah, I haven't tried a full reset as of yet. Last time I did that, it was an afternoon endeavor to get everything back the way I had it before.

This was more intended to help the Xbox team to discover the root cause (if they haven't already) and hopefully fix the core issue as there seem to be similar issues posted on various sites.
  11. FreeformBrake31 Win User

Hi You guys can try the reset.

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide > Select Settings > All Settings > System > Console info & updates > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.
  12. Gamer80805 Win User

Xbox one dolby atmos upmixer doesn't do anything

Is anyone able to get upmix to do anything? I emailed Dolby several times. I couldn't tell if I was talking to a bot or not but Dolby says xbox does not upmix anything. It may "slightly upscale" audio but they refused to define that. Below is one of the
    responses I got from Dolby. I never suggested I could "convert" anything to Atmos- just that my Xbox could do the same upconverting my receiver does as several articles have reported on. One such example ( that I asked Dolby about was this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...g-another-game-changing-feature/#7c8241879011 .

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to Dolby Atmos support!

We are truly sorry for any confusion our product description has incurred. While audio may be slightly upscaled, this does not convert non-Atmos audio to Atmos, nor does it transfer any incompatible audio to a higher quality.

Unfortunately, the Dolby Access application is only designed to be used with Dolby Atmos supported content at this time.

We appreciate your patience, and hope you have a wonderful day!
Thema:

1. Bug Report: Xbox One No Audio While Downloading (Dolby Atmos) - Similar Threads - Bug Report Audio

2. How do I report bugs or errors?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I report bugs or errors?: The microsoft account and family safety system does not provide an intuitive way to report issues or talk with an agent to resolve their issue. When I log into my account, I do not see the Xbox...
  3. Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622: Since the 14th of February I have been unable to save the game manually and lost the auto save ability have completed the propose work around of deleting local saved data repeatedly but that...
  4. Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page: Minecraft is a very high-profile software product. In light of this, can we get a new team to write and support the software around it -- the launcher, support system, and feedback process? Maybe...
  5. How long do the developers take to check your account and console when you file a bug report?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long do the developers take to check your account and console when you file a bug report?: I filed a bug report on the feedback app and was wondering how long it takes and what they do if they find a problem. 709932df-a0b0-45bf-95c4-397ffc326192
  6. Bug Report regarding the 3/23/23 patch (my series x no longer can find my saved clips) is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report regarding the 3/23/23 patch (my series x no longer can find my saved clips) is...: My Series X no longer is able to search my captures reliably. When I go to captures that I have stored on the consoles internal SSD the console cannot find the saved game clips. It also is not...
  7. Bug Report. No Audio in GameDVR in Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug Report. No Audio in GameDVR in Xbox Series X: Whenever I try to record a game that is resumed from a "quick resume" there is no audio in the recorded video. Audio is only recorded when I start the game which is not present in the quick...
  8. Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...

in XboX Insiders
    Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...: Anyone else experiencing this, please chime in. As above really. Just wanted to make it known this is a widespread issue. I'm not an xbox insider currently, but this issue is on the...
  9. BUG REPORT: Xbox App on mobile crashes when including party audio

in XBoX on Mobile
    BUG REPORT: Xbox App on mobile crashes when including party audio: When someone is streaming in a party and you go to include party audio on mobile, the app crashes. Happened on Iphone c15a10b3-1e9a-4556-a008-bb2dbc28d398
  10. [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad: Hi, I am always listening music and playing games in my headset. It is very annoying for me when after wake up gamepad is no sound in the headset. For restoring sound in the headset I should...