Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free

Discus and support Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This is a bug report on gamertag change without authorization. My first years old changed my 10+ year single word gamertag, without knowing my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SébastienTardif, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free

This is a bug report on gamertag change without authorization.

My first years old changed my 10+ year single word gamertag, without knowing my password or pin, and with limited reading capability. I was also not notified by email. It seems the change is irreversible and cost $10 to change it back to something. I don't see why this is not protected better. What's the check done if my 5 years old try to buy a $5 game, or try to change the gamertag again? I think there are some security check in place, they should also apply on deleting a gamertag.

:)

SébastienTardif, Jan 4, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll suggest you report this as a feedback to the Xbox insiders subreddit. If this gets enough up votes, it will be considered as something people want and a change will be more likely in the works.

You can leave the feedback here feedback.xbox.com
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

child switching between his account and my account

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

To change your sign-in preferences, such as requiring a password when signing in, follow the steps below.
    Press the Xbox  button to open the dashboard.
    Select Profile & System > Settings.
    Under Account, select Sign in, security & PIN.
    Select Change my sign-in and security preferences.
    Choose one of the following options:
    Do it fast, as if by magic: automatic entry, no need for a password or PIN.
    Barrier-free: No password or PIN required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.
    Verify it's me: A PIN is required to sign in.
    Ask for my PIN: A PIN is required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.
    Lock: Your Microsoft account password is required for almost everything.
    Customize: Select this option to customize which actions require a password or PIN.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  4. William_Howes Win User

Gamertag change without pin.

So why wasnt this process behind pin access. She plays minecraft and her add on packs only work under my gt. She was 3 when she started playing minecraft. Its the only game she has to play on my gt. Same xbox under her gt she cant access them.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this William

Sorry to hear that your gamertag has been changed without your permission.
    I don't like to give bad news but once the gamertag is changed is not possible to revert or undo this process.

Exists the possibility that your daughter did this change in the middle of a gaming session
    And if you wasn't charged probably she used the free change.
  6. William_Howes Win User

Everything , even edge is behind a pin. Evidently changing a gamertag is not. I still can go through the whole process including paying for it without ever having to put my pin in. Even though transactions specifically are behind the pin.
Thema:

1. Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free - Similar Threads - Bug report gamertag

2. How do I report bugs or errors?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I report bugs or errors?: The microsoft account and family safety system does not provide an intuitive way to report issues or talk with an agent to resolve their issue. When I log into my account, I do not see the Xbox...
  3. Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622: Since the 14th of February I have been unable to save the game manually and lost the auto save ability have completed the propose work around of deleting local saved data repeatedly but that...
  4. Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page: Minecraft is a very high-profile software product. In light of this, can we get a new team to write and support the software around it -- the launcher, support system, and feedback process? Maybe...
  5. How long do the developers take to check your account and console when you file a bug report?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long do the developers take to check your account and console when you file a bug report?: I filed a bug report on the feedback app and was wondering how long it takes and what they do if they find a problem. 709932df-a0b0-45bf-95c4-397ffc326192
  6. Bug Report regarding the 3/23/23 patch (my series x no longer can find my saved clips) is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report regarding the 3/23/23 patch (my series x no longer can find my saved clips) is...: My Series X no longer is able to search my captures reliably. When I go to captures that I have stored on the consoles internal SSD the console cannot find the saved game clips. It also is not...
  7. I want to report an Xbox CDN BUG

in XboX Insiders
    I want to report an Xbox CDN BUG: Hello! I want to report an Xbox CDN BUG that may be related to the frequent Installation Stopped errors in China. I recently noticed that the license of xboxlive.com in China has expired, which...
  8. Xbox Insider Beta Circle Bug Report

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Beta Circle Bug Report: I am part of the Beta Circle in Xbox Update Preview, and I have experienced a bug that I can't use RAP to report. Whenever I sign out of my account my xbox restarts. I can't stop it, it does a...
  9. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Bug Report

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Bug Report: So I Made A Minecraft Server On My Mobile So I Can Play with my subscribers on youtube, then it was stuck on Locating Server, I am Playing On My Mobile So i don't know what to do, does anyone know...
  10. I can't add images to this post, but I am trying to confirm a bug before I report it. Can...

in XboX Insiders
    I can't add images to this post, but I am trying to confirm a bug before I report it. Can...: I need someone to help me confirm a bug. Fable 3 plays just fine on 360, Cloud, Xbox One, and Series X. However, it does not show up in my activity as a recently played game. The only place I can...