Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...

Discus and support Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone else experiencing this, please chime in. As above really. Just wanted to make it known this is a widespread issue. I'm not an xbox insider... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/joydivision84, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...

Anyone else experiencing this, please chime in. As above really. Just wanted to make it known this is a widespread issue.

I'm not an xbox insider currently, but this issue is on the regular/current Xbox Series X OS version.

Whilst using 4k 120hz settings my Sony Bravia X90J has audio drops using regular Dolby Digital. Every 8 seconds or so audio drops for a second. Atmos also exhibits this.

DTS and 5.1 uncompressed do not have any audio drops while using 4k 120hz.

It seems all Sony HDMI 2.1 tv's are affected by this.

I don't know if the main issue is Sony or MS side, but please look into this as I'd love to use Dolby Digital whilst playing 4k 120hz.

submitted by /u/joydivision84
    [link] [comments]

/u/joydivision84, Jun 17, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

How do i connect my xbox one s to my tv to still get 4k picture but at the same time connect it to my soundbar to get dolby atmos sound

It seems that your TV supports Audio Return Channel (ARC). However, on the TV's specification page I don't see if it supports Dolby Atmos through ARC.

If your TV is capable to send Dolby Atmos via ARC, you'd connect your Xbox to a 4K capable HDMI port OTHER than the HDMI ARC port on your TV.

You will then get 4K resolution on the TV screen, and the TV would "forward" audio via the Audio Return Channel to the sound bar. If supported, this will then be Dolby Atmos.

It seems that the Soundbar doesn't support 4K pass through. So either you would need a new TV that supports Dolby Atmos via ARC, or a new soundbar or AV receiver that supports 4K video.
  3. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough\Dolby Atmos doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

Make sure your TV and AVR are compatible with Dolby Atmos: Both your TV and AVR need to support Dolby Atmos in order for the feature to work properly. Check the manufacturer's website to verify that your TV and AVR support Dolby Atmos.
    - all of my devices support Dolby Atmos

Check the audio settings on your TV and AVR: Make sure that both your TV and AVR are set to the correct audio output mode for Dolby Atmos. For example, on your TV, you may need to set the audio output to "Bitstream" or "Dolby Digital Plus." On your AVR, you may need to set the audio input to "Dolby Digital Plus" or "Dolby Atmos."
    - all settings are correct

Check for updates: Make sure that your TV, AVR, and Xbox are all up to date with the latest software. You may be able to check for updates in the settings menu of each device.
    - all of the devices with the last updates;

Check the audio settings on your Xbox: Go to the settings menu on your Xbox and select "Display & sound," then choose "Audio output." Make sure that "Dolby Atmos" is selected as the audio format and that "Audio passthrough" is enabled.
    - all needed options are enabled;

Try a different HDMI port: If you're using an HDMI splitter or switch, try connecting your Xbox directly to your TV or AVR to see if the issue persists. If the issue is resolved when using a different HDMI port, there may be an issue with the splitter or switch.
    I have a direct connection.

All other applications work properly (blue ray disc movies, games, Dolby access app, etc., deliver to receiver Dolby Atmos). Netflix and Apple TV also worked properly before.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough\Dolby Atmos doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

Make sure your TV and AVR are compatible with Dolby Atmos: Both your TV and AVR need to support Dolby Atmos in order for the feature to work properly. Check the manufacturer's website to verify that your TV and AVR support Dolby Atmos.

Check the audio settings on your TV and AVR: Make sure that both your TV and AVR are set to the correct audio output mode for Dolby Atmos. For example, on your TV, you may need to set the audio output to "Bitstream" or "Dolby Digital Plus." On your AVR, you may need to set the audio input to "Dolby Digital Plus" or "Dolby Atmos."

Check for updates: Make sure that your TV, AVR, and Xbox are all up to date with the latest software. You may be able to check for updates in the settings menu of each device.

Check the audio settings on your Xbox: Go to the settings menu on your Xbox and select "Display & sound," then choose "Audio output." Make sure that "Dolby Atmos" is selected as the audio format and that "Audio passthrough" is enabled.

Try a different HDMI port: If you're using an HDMI splitter or switch, try connecting your Xbox directly to your TV or AVR to see if the issue persists. If the issue is resolved when using a different HDMI port, there may be an issue with the splitter or switch.
  5. sidarora1 Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

I have the same problem with My xbox one x and 950 soundbar. I get audio delay once I enable Dolby atmos via the audio settings on my hdmi, but the soundbar works great with all other devices, cable TV, apple TV 4k. I've literally tried everything and
    I'm thinking is has something to do with the Dolby atmos application. I've used optical and other sources and they sound good, obviously not Dolby atmos but they work. I don't think it's my TV or soundbar. I've also replaced the xbox one x to a new xbox one
    x and same issue. It has to be a bug in the atmos connection from the speakers to the xbox. It's super frustrating. Not sure what else to do until I new update comes out.
  6. EVIL EMPIRE 007 Win User

0x80bd0009 Xbox One X Atmos

Same, I can only get atmos with 1080p

When I switch to 4K, audio goes to dolby digital

Is there a fix yet?
Thema:

Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...

1. Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k... - Similar Threads - Bug report Dolby

2. How do I report bugs or errors?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I report bugs or errors?: The microsoft account and family safety system does not provide an intuitive way to report issues or talk with an agent to resolve their issue. When I log into my account, I do not see the Xbox...
  3. Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622: Since the 14th of February I have been unable to save the game manually and lost the auto save ability have completed the propose work around of deleting local saved data repeatedly but that...
  4. Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page: Minecraft is a very high-profile software product. In light of this, can we get a new team to write and support the software around it -- the launcher, support system, and feedback process? Maybe...
  5. How long do the developers take to check your account and console when you file a bug report?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long do the developers take to check your account and console when you file a bug report?: I filed a bug report on the feedback app and was wondering how long it takes and what they do if they find a problem. 709932df-a0b0-45bf-95c4-397ffc326192
  6. Bug Report regarding the 3/23/23 patch (my series x no longer can find my saved clips) is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report regarding the 3/23/23 patch (my series x no longer can find my saved clips) is...: My Series X no longer is able to search my captures reliably. When I go to captures that I have stored on the consoles internal SSD the console cannot find the saved game clips. It also is not...
  7. I want to report an Xbox CDN BUG

in XboX Insiders
    I want to report an Xbox CDN BUG: Hello! I want to report an Xbox CDN BUG that may be related to the frequent Installation Stopped errors in China. I recently noticed that the license of xboxlive.com in China has expired, which...
  8. Xbox Insider Beta Circle Bug Report

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Beta Circle Bug Report: I am part of the Beta Circle in Xbox Update Preview, and I have experienced a bug that I can't use RAP to report. Whenever I sign out of my account my xbox restarts. I can't stop it, it does a...
  9. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Bug Report

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Bug Report: So I Made A Minecraft Server On My Mobile So I Can Play with my subscribers on youtube, then it was stuck on Locating Server, I am Playing On My Mobile So i don't know what to do, does anyone know...
  10. I can't add images to this post, but I am trying to confirm a bug before I report it. Can...

in XboX Insiders
    I can't add images to this post, but I am trying to confirm a bug before I report it. Can...: I need someone to help me confirm a bug. Fable 3 plays just fine on 360, Cloud, Xbox One, and Series X. However, it does not show up in my activity as a recently played game. The only place I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series atmos телевизор sony