[Bug] [PC App] Unable to change install folder in "Game Install Options"

Discus and support [Bug] [PC App] Unable to change install folder in "Game Install Options" in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Lenovo Legion Y740, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.348), Xbox app version 2112.1001.10.0, Enrolled in Windows Gaming Insider. I used the new... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/iWizardB, Dec 11, 2021.

1. /u/iWizardB
    /u/iWizardB Guest

Lenovo Legion Y740, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.348), Xbox app version 2112.1001.10.0, Enrolled in Windows Gaming Insider.

I used the new "Advance installation" feature for the first time while installing Halo Infinite. I had selected D:\XboxGames as the location and the game got installed there. Today, while installing another game, I accidentally select C:\drivers. Looks like from game installation screen, there's no way to change the target folder at all. (This should be an option. People should not have to go to xbox settings to do that.) So I go to xbox app settings -> General and under "game install options", click change folder. I select a different folder. But the change doesn't get saved. No matter what I select, it's stuck at C:\driver and D:\XboxGames. I'm not able to change either of them.

submitted by /u/iWizardB
    [link] [comments]

/u/iWizardB, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Xbox app won't launch games

Hello, alexvor20. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Since you think the install location of the games may be impacting their launch (and reading your issue I also think it), then you can try to change the default location where Xbox App install your games.

To specify where to download and install Xbox games on Xbox App, use these steps:

Open Xbox app.

Click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options.

Click on General.

(Optional) Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.

Click the Change folder option.

Select the new folder location to store Xbox games.

Click the Select Folder button.

After you complete the steps, the game files will be stored in the new folder location.

The install location of apps and games that you download from Microsoft Store is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. So change your Xbox App folder to this path, uninstall your games, install them again on this folder and see if you can run your games.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

¿Cómo puedo instalar juegos en una ruta específica?[How can I install games in a specific path?]

Hello Sergio,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to change the installation directory of games obtained through the Xbox App. To change the installation folder, please open your Xbox App, select your profile icon and choose settings, form settings select
    the General tab. Under General there is an option to change the default installation folder for games.

I hope this helps.
  4. Obdimus Win User

Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the WindowsApps folder.

I'm having basically the exact same problem. No matter how many times I change the install location settings in the Xbox app, the changes will not save at all, and the games will only install to the folder on my D drive that I had selected before this problem started occurring. I tried everything I know how, and none of it worked, which leads me to believe that this is a bug on Microsoft's end, specifically in the Xbox app itself.

The full details of every troubleshooting step I tried are in this post: Xbox App doesn't let me change install folders in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community
  5. David Wirsching Win User

A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

6. Rostom L Win User

Whenever I install games instead of going to the specified folder they install to the windowsapps folder.

I understand. Since you're able to install other games through the XboxGames folder, this may be a bug on the app itself. I recommend to submit a report or file a bug to Windows/Xbox team for them to investigate the issue.

Alternatively, try to install your games through the Microsoft Store app or through the website store if it uses the XboxGames folder instead of WindowsApps.
Thema:

1. [Bug] [PC App] Unable to change install folder in "Game Install Options" - Similar Threads - Bug App Unable

2. having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...: when i press connect nothing happens. e4af9950-3967-4fac-9c91-cf8786446e6e
  3. PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC xbox app: game bar audio bug: So hopped on Today and the xbox app gave me an update. Once I update and joined a party I noticed my party chat could only hear me when I had the xbox game bar open or with the party chat being...
  4. Gaming services not installing. Whole xbox app bugging out.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services not installing. Whole xbox app bugging out.: So this has been persisting for over 2 days now. I recently downloaded Zombie army 4, then I restarted the game. Which lead to a whole domino effect of problems. I couldn't open the game back up...
  5. Downloading is bugged on xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading is bugged on xbox app: I am trying to download a game and its bugged at %0. I cant stop nor cancel the download. Please help me. Thanks in advance. 088aec28-fc8c-4ab8-bdf5-05ba23c34468
  6. xbox app bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app bugs: Hello, Xbox app does all sort of weird stuff: - I use a different ssd to store games, I used to. Every time i restart pc the app changes installation folder from D: to C:, its a drag to remember...
  7. Bug? Microsoft store app sees wrong kind of console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug? Microsoft store app sees wrong kind of console: Hi, I own an Xbox Series X, but the Store app is showing all X/S compatible games as incompatible with my device. Is this a console side issue, or a bug in the store itself?...
  8. [ANDROID APP BUG]ACCOUNT SUSPENDED BUG IS BACK! This needs to GO FOREVER!

in XBoX Accessibility
    [ANDROID APP BUG]ACCOUNT SUSPENDED BUG IS BACK! This needs to GO FOREVER!: We pay enough money for our MS Accounts with Gamepass Ultimate and other things, we don't need to be harassed if our accounts are in PERFECT STANDING, which mine is. This has happened TWICE this...
  9. Alpha Skip Ahead bug with Xbox Accessories App

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead bug with Xbox Accessories App: Version RSXBOXDEV_FLIGHT\25204.1001.220916-1900 Xbox Series X Alpha Skip Ahead I started Deathloop and went to customize my controls like I always do via the Xbox Accessories app (elite series 2...
  10. XBox PC App - Bug - Duplicates in game library

in XboX Insiders
    XBox PC App - Bug - Duplicates in game library: Hello! I've purchased a few games from the Xbox app and Windows store. But the experience of browsing my games is very poor, as most games are shown as multiple entries and there doesn't seem to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamepass pc install location