[Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App...

Discus and support [Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; • Platform: PC – Windows 11 Home • OS Version: Windows 11 25H2 Build 26200.8246 • Insider Ring: Xbox Insider – Delta (External) Xbox App version:... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aaron-Hook, Apr 29, 2026.

  1. [Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App...


    • Platform:

    PC – Windows 11 Home

    • OS Version: Windows 11 25H2 Build 26200.8246

    • Insider Ring: Xbox Insider – Delta (External)

    Xbox App version: 2605.1001.5.0

    None of the ACA Neo Geo games (PlayAnywhere) (Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5) launch on PC.

    They all close automatically before reaching the ACA Neo Geo / Hamster logo.

    Other Xbox App games work normally (e.g., Replaced, Cronos, Banishers).

    The issue affects only ACA Neo Geo titles.

    •Steps to Reproduce:


    1. Open the Xbox App on PC


    2. Launch any ACA Neo Geo game (Metal Slug 1–5)


    3. A black screen appears for 1–2 seconds


    4. The process closes with no error message

    •Troubleshooting Attempted (none resolved the issue):

    ✔ Reinstalled components

    • DirectX 9 Legacy (June 2010)

    • All Visual C++ Redistributables (2005–2022, x86 and x64)

    • Fully reinstalled Gaming Services

    • Reinstalled Xbox App

    ✔ Configuration cleanup

    • Deleted Hamorun / Hamster Corporation folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%

    ✔ Additional checks

    • NVIDIA drivers updated (GPU: RTX 4060 Ti)

    • Multiple restarts

    • Tested online/offline

    • Other Xbox App games launch without issues

    •Additional Information:

    The issue occurs only with ACA Neo Geo games.

    All other titles run correctly on the same system and OS version.

    •Request:

    Please investigate ACA Neo Geo compatibility with Windows 11 25H2 and the current Xbox App Insider Delta build.

    This appears to be a specific issue with the ACA/Hamster engine on this OS version.

    Gamertag: Aaron Hook


    submitted by /u/Aaron-Hook
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Aaron-Hook, Apr 29, 2026
    #1
  2. Arminator Win User

    Game Sharing on 3 Consoles?

    As Smwutches already said, you can only have one console set as your Home Console, which allows offline play.

    However, as long as you are signed in on a console with the Gamertag that originally purchased the game, you can still play it with any other Gamertag on that console.

    So let's take the following example: You have Gamertags A and B.

    Gamertag A purchased "A Way Out", "ACA Neo Geo Metal Slug" and "Aces of the Luftwaffe".

    Gamertag B bought the games "Battlefield 1", "Black Ops" und "Battle Garegga".

    And you have Xbox console 1, 2 and 3, with console 3 being the offline console.

    First you have to be online with console 3, and Gamertags A and B have to set that console 3 as their Home Console and download all the games on it. Now everyone can play these games offline on Console 3.

    If you now want to play "Battlefield 1" with Gamertag A on Console 1 or 2, you will have to use a second controller and also sign in Gamertag B on the same console.

    While Gamertag A is signed in one console, Gamertag B can also play "A Way Out".

    And Gamertag A can play "A Way Out", "ACA Neo Geo Metal Slug" and "Aces of the Luftwaffe" on any console they want, as long as they are able to go online.

    The same is true for Gamertag B: They can go to any console in the world, and play "Battlefield" or "Black Ops" or "Battle Garegga".
  3. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

    Any Suggestions For Xbox Games?

    In the gamepass there are several 1000G games. If you have the service, it will help you a lot, to give a boost in the gs games from ratalaika and aca neo geo are good.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

    ACA Neo Geo games

    Not everything on the forums is a hard reset issue, and does not need a 'hard reset' copy/paste response....

    To the OP, yes it is a known issue in these games and as Spazpol pointed out, it's due to these being ports of much older games from the 80's or 90's and how their control schemes were done and transferred onto our Xbox controllers. Unfortunately you will
    have to try to make the best of it, although it is tricky at times. It's not just you though. Best of luck! :)
  5. Spazpol Win User

    ACA Neo Geo games

    Does anyone else have trouble navigating the menus for the ACA Neo Geo games? I find it very difficult to select the option I want. The controller jumps all over the place. I have tried using the D-Pad and analog stick and it jumps several lines
    at a time, missing the option I want to adjust. Is there a way to lower the sensitivity to make navigating the menus easier? Thanks.
    Sometimes doing a hard reset (hold the power in for 10 seconds) on the console fixes the problem. I have had this problem across multiple of their titles from time to time. I honestly think it is something in their coding and how it ports, because they
    are notorious for having this problem (and achievements not tracking on signed in profile as well.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

    ACA Neo Geo games

    Oh yea, I've had these issues too. A few of them have been on Game Pass from time to time and their borderline impossible to play because the menus are really clunky and don't respond to controller input very well. Its got nothing to do with the console,
    so yea, "SpiralOut46and2" is right... not everything is a hard reset issue. People like jumping to that when they don't exactly know what to say. One that comes to mind is the port of Metal Slug X. Its not the console, its just poor game design if we're being
    honest. From what I could tell the ACA website doesn't have an official support link about it. http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/

    Their parent company Hamster Corp. does indeed have a support link. They are Japan based, it would appear. If you choose to reach out to them I would just keep in mind to be polite and very specific in your wording of things.

    http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/support/
Thema:

[Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App...

Loading...
  1. [Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App... - Similar Threads - Bug ACA Neo

  2. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  3. Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16: Hi team. Has anyone experienced something like this? I got all the base game achievements (even pushed hard this evening so I can hear that beautiful mythic sound) but it didn’t pop. The game...
  4. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  5. Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in

    in XboX Insiders
    Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in: I am an insider beta, I recently joined the insider beta. Yesterday we got the system, startup animation update, and I applied the Xbox one X version because that was my favorite by far and when...
  6. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Reggression: activity feed deletion bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Reggression: activity feed deletion bug: After looking at my activity feed I figured id clear it up a little and delete the achievements im not too fussed about leaving the tough ones on or ones I liked doing. I deleted a few days worth...
  9. UI loop trap bug................

    in XboX Insiders
    UI loop trap bug................: There has been a bug going with true achievements app for years now. Im sure im not the only person thats noticed this. When viewing an achievement if you back out you need to press the B button...
  10. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...