Buddy's mic keeps echoing in party

Discus and support Buddy's mic keeps echoing in party in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Friend has bad mic quality and echo, voice is rather quiet for some reason and it's echoing back. He went out and bought a new headset and controller,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OsukauGray, Oct 2, 2022.

1. OsukauGray
    OsukauGray Guest

Friend has bad mic quality and echo, voice is rather quiet for some reason and it's echoing back. He went out and bought a new headset and controller, tried that and also has a echo, has tried mixing and matching the old controller and new mic, aswell as new controller old mic. Has tried hard resetting Xbox, has tried adjusting microphones in the Xbox accessories aswell. Any suggestions? (By mic I mean it's a headset with a mic)

:)

OsukauGray, Oct 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this OSUKAUGRAY

Do you know if your friend's Xbox has a kinect connected? Or what Xbox console they have?

If yes, can you ask your friend to do the troubleshooting steps from here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If not, do you know if your friend is part of the insider program / beta OS?
    And, when you say "Has tried hard resetting Xbox" how the hard reset was made?
  3. AridLizard Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

it depends who is hearing the echo.

if you are hearing an echo then it is most likely that someone else in your party has their mic gain too high and has party chat through their TV or too loud in their headphones. check whose name shows when you hear the echo.

they would need to turn down party chat volume and/or change their mic sensitivity
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Ongoing Mic Echo

Hi KyunKitsune! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you can hear the echo of the party means that it's not originated by you, that would be someone else in the party that has the echo and it's the reason why you hear your self

If others can hear echo on their end but you can't, means you need to lower the headset volume and the Mic monitoring to reduce the echo
  5. Phonevon Win User

I hear an echo in audio chat

I just remembered an important detail. If my friend mutes his mic in either of the aforementioned scenarios, the echo stops. In fact, as the echo happens, his ring lights up in the party chat to indicate that his mic is picking up my voice and, once muted,
    it no longer lights up.
  6. Reborn Insanity Win User

mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S)

Keep the party chat open when talking and have your friends be quiet. Start making noise for a second and see where the echo comes from. If it's coming from you then you'll need to mess with your mic settings like the audio balance between game and party
    chat.

However it sounds like the echo is coming from one of your friends. Also there's nothing you can do about the mic delay unfortunately. That's just a network thing and I've noticed when my friends and I talk there's a 1-2 second delay before we hear each
    other.
Thema:

1. Buddy's mic keeps echoing in party - Similar Threads - Buddy's mic keeps

2. USB mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB mic: Can I use usb mic without having to do things to get it working and plug it straight with no problems 3e81467a-6868-4ec3-848e-4c096b0eb1e6
  3. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  4. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  5. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  6. Why did I get banned cause I killed some kids in a game so him and his buddies reported me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned cause I killed some kids in a game so him and his buddies reported me...: I killed some kids in a video game having his buddies reported me for something and when my band got denied, it said something about sexual even though I haven’t just because I’m good at a game I...
  7. I was wondering if I pre order the game is my buddie able to play it when my account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering if I pre order the game is my buddie able to play it when my account is set...: I was wondering if I pre order the game is my buddie able to play it when my account is set as his home Xbox on his Xbox. 293ced9a-7138-4667-ba5b-a4b9b0e3fabe
  8. Two of my buddies got banned because I reported to them. For saying some messed up stuff

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Two of my buddies got banned because I reported to them. For saying some messed up stuff: I'd really prefer for them not to get perma ban. Considering we all say messed up stuff, I'd rather be the one to take the fall for all this It was a joke I didn't think They would get in trouble...
  9. Why did I get banned cause I killed some kids in a game so him and his buddies reported me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned cause I killed some kids in a game so him and his buddies reported me...: I killed some kids in a video game having his buddies reported me for something and when my band got denied, it said something about sexual even though I haven’t just because I’m good at a game I...
  10. Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?: So, my buddy finally got back to playing on his own Xbox One, problem is, whenever we game shared before, it would allow us to get access to any games either one of us could play before. Now, he's...