Browsing the XBox store on console- massive data usage?

Discus and support Browsing the XBox store on console- massive data usage? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've been keeping a close eye on data usage as of late, in respect to not exceeding the data limits put in place by my provider. I have multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GamerGuyDudeBro, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Browsing the XBox store on console- massive data usage?

So I've been keeping a close eye on data usage as of late, in respect to not exceeding the data limits put in place by my provider. I have multiple tools, including my router's traffic monitoring software and the Bandwith Usage tool in the Xbox itself. They
    are all in relative alignment, all is good there. Upon turning on my system and browsing the Xbox deals n specials for about 10 to 15 minutes, I've already used nearly 300MB of data! No other activity, no downloads, no updates (I manually control title updates,)
    no streaming, no gameplay... at this rate browsing the store for let's say an hour would easily crunch a GB. Playing Destiny 2 competitively at PvP for an hour takes about 250 MB and that's alot for online multiplayer. Anyone else experience this? The numbers
    are in black n white on my console, 15 minutes after startup from being asleep and just browsing the store. It was running at some randomly low kilobytes per hour while asleep immediately prior.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

:)

GamerGuyDudeBro, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Shandykidinkent Win User

Xbox (Beta) App on PC not letting me Download Gamepass games

Thor,

Xbox is currently experiencing massive amounts of data usage, server difficulties, and connection problems. In terms of your subscription account, when does it say it expired?

- Shandy
  3. Hellfire IRL Win User

MASSIVE data usage for latest update

I find it suspicious that the usage was 38GB, the FULL game is 36.6GB and the update over 1GB. That seems too close to be a coincidence, I don't see it being a retransmission issue personally. On a side note caps are bad... I use 350GB a month.
  4. UneasyJmitchell Win User

No way I would pay for internet via usage.
  5. Hellfire IRL Win User

^ Lol yea that or other late night activities!
  6. Glor-3A9D712B-8795-4 Win User

Hi Angrymuppet1984,

I myself use a mobile wifi connection and i have also downloading the latest battlefield 4 update, I never noticed any out of ordinary download amounts when downloading this update, or any other update for that matter. It's
    not 100% spot on how many mb the download takes but it's usualy within 20mb per 1gb downloaded off, Which i'm not overly worried about. I have noticed myself even just sitting around the xbox one home screen can take some usage up, Enough to notice it but
    not enough to be worried about.

Are you sure you didn't have anything else connected to the wifi network at the time? It's always a possibility sometimes i have things connected and i forgot to take them off the network Eg, Phones, tablets, laptops.

You also have the possibility of someone gaining access to your wifi network without your consent this theory is pretty rare with the security you would have on your network but it's something that is a possibility.
Thema:

Browsing the XBox store on console- massive data usage?

1. Browsing the XBox store on console- massive data usage? - Similar Threads - Browsing store console

2. Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?: I tried every steps to reset Microsoft store. But still it is not opening. Also my wsreset.exe command not working. 63e5f5cd-3771-41dd-9a66-02f88df69084
  3. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  4. i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...: i ordered a controller on the 29th march and it has not arrived. it says on the dpd tracking website that it’s been delivered so i downloaded the app and it said it was delivered to somewhere...
  5. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  6. Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending: Hi, Lately I haven't been able to access the xbox app on my PC, because everytime I try opening it says it's updating then the update fails, I press "Try again", and the update stays stuck at 0%...
  7. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  8. My Games & Apps tile is now Browse the Store?

in XboX Insiders
    My Games & Apps tile is now Browse the Store?: So, for context, I travel for a living, and I just got back in town yesterday and after an update I noticed this. On the main screen, the tile that used to say my games and apps now says, browse...
  9. "Browse My Games" Disappeared from dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    "Browse My Games" Disappeared from dashboard?: Got up a little bit ago and wanted to jump on and get a little gaming in before I head to work, and my dashboard has changed again for no reason. Where the "Browse My Games" used to be and I could...
  10. How do I change the browse the store tile to browse your games tile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change the browse the store tile to browse your games tile?: I just got the new 2023 dashboard update on my Xbox Series X. However, I noticed that majority of whom got the new update, have on the bottom left a tile that says browse your games. But mine says...