Browse App menu missing on Dashboard

Discus and support Browse App menu missing on Dashboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear all, Last night I update the XBOX 360 firmware to the latest version. I want to install Youtube App on my xbox but found that there are no Browse... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BillionPeak7092, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Browse App menu missing on Dashboard

Dear all,

Last night I update the XBOX 360 firmware to the latest version. I want to install Youtube App on my xbox but found that there are no Browse App menu on my dashboard. Any idea how can I get this menu back so I can download the Youtube App?

Thanks in advance.

:)

BillionPeak7092, Jan 3, 2014
  2. shilv
    shilv Guest
    XB1 User Console & Games Review

@turk3y - to exit an app/game use the menu button once over the tile in the dashboard. I needed to do the same to get some content to show in Forza.

shilv, Jan 3, 2014
  3. vFlare
    vFlare Guest
    can you even turn off a game?

Go to the game/app in question on the dashboard and push the menu button, then select quit.

vFlare, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Browse App menu missing on Dashboard

That shouldn't be missing, but you can go over to the Bing Search and type in Youtube, and you can get it there.

ArmyRanger149, Jan 3, 2014
  5. I have the same issue. On the bing page I can only search for games.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

SlicedCactus78, Feb 7, 2015
  6. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there SlicedCactus78,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Since this thread is over a year old and the original poster hasn't replied back, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and list out any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried.
    Thanks so much!

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  7. ArmyRanger149 Win User

That shouldn't be missing, but you can go over to the Bing Search and type in Youtube, and you can get it there.
  8. SlicedCactus78 Win User

I have the same issue. On the bing page I can only search for games.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
  9. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there SlicedCactus78,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Since this thread is over a year old and the original poster hasn't replied back, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and list out any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried.
    Thanks so much!
  10. IRB Win User

Missing "Browse Apps" on xbox 360 dashboard.

11. Scaluh2 Win User

Missing "Browse Apps" on xbox 360 dashboard.

Do a hard reset first to see if you get the option appear, before looking at other solutions.
    Sorry for such a noob question but how do you do a hard reset?

A "hard reset" is essentially allowing your console to power cycle, similar to restarting a computer. This will often help troubleshoot small issues and is usually the first suggestion for these types of issues.
Thema:

1. Browse App menu missing on Dashboard - Similar Threads - Browse App menu

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  4. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  5. The xbox app is complete utter garbage.

in XboX Insiders
    The xbox app is complete utter garbage.: I can connect to everything on consoles but for some reason the app will not connect to the part if I'm using a pc or mobile device. How the hell can it be so bad? Half of the time I'm sending...
  6. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  7. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  8. My Games & Apps tile is now Browse the Store?

in XboX Insiders
    My Games & Apps tile is now Browse the Store?: So, for context, I travel for a living, and I just got back in town yesterday and after an update I noticed this. On the main screen, the tile that used to say my games and apps now says, browse...
  9. "Browse My Games" Disappeared from dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    "Browse My Games" Disappeared from dashboard?: Got up a little bit ago and wanted to jump on and get a little gaming in before I head to work, and my dashboard has changed again for no reason. Where the "Browse My Games" used to be and I could...
  10. How do I change the browse the store tile to browse your games tile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change the browse the store tile to browse your games tile?: I just got the new 2023 dashboard update on my Xbox Series X. However, I noticed that majority of whom got the new update, have on the bottom left a tile that says browse your games. But mine says...