Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership

Discus and support Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I have my brother's Xbox set as my home Xbox to share my Ultimate subscription. It has been working for years, however today he lost access to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KILLERGAMER915, May 22, 2023.

1. Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership

Hello. I have my brother's Xbox set as my home Xbox to share my Ultimate subscription. It has been working for years, however today he lost access to it. No settings have changed, I've verified that on my own. He tried playing Modern Warfare 2 but it brought him to the "Choose a Subscription" page, same story with every other game we share. He can play just fine when my account is logged on to and he continues using his, however this is a small annoyance. Was there a recent change I'm not aware of? Is this an error on Microsoft's end? Please help, thank you.

:)

KILLERGAMER915, May 22, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

As I have checked, there are no changes in regard to Home Xbox. We just need to validate if your account is still set as Home Xbox on your brother's Xbox console, please follow the steps below:

"1. Sign in to your account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

4. Check "Make this as My Home Xbox"."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Once confirmed, perform a powercycle on his Xbox console.

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"
  3. Damian Elswick Win User

Can't join friends invites that own GTA 5 even though we all tryna play online

I'm game sharing ultimate w my brother
  4. onyxishere Win User

Two Xbox Ones in same household. How to manage Xbox Live?

The sharing feature (in use with the Home gamertag) is localized only. This means that if your brother had the Gold membership and was set as Home on the console and had you in his family you were able to share out the membership with no issues.

In order for you to play online on the new console you would either have to have your brother set the new console as his Home console or purchase a Gold membership of your own.

If the games were purchased on your brothers gamertag then setting his tag as Home on the new console will also allow you to access and play those games at the same time as he is playing.
  5. Mister Quasar Win User

I need to clarify about some multiplayer features...

Hi s0oTSRJo0s!

To play online with your brother, you would both need access to an Xbox Live Gold membership and a license for the game you'd like to play - as Frizio I iB mentioned, you can share an account's game licenses and Gold membership to other users on a particular
    Xbox One console by setting the console as the Home console for the account that owns the game/membership that you're trying to share.
  6. Chris7999 Win User

Microsoft Family Gamepass Ultimate sharing

Adding someone to the "family" doesn't give them access to anything. The only way to share GPU is to have the account with the subscription sign in to whichever console you wish to share to.
    But my brothers account is in the Microsoft family and that's how he gets Gamepass Ultimate. We don't use the home Xbox function to share Gamepass with each other.
Thema:

1. Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership - Similar Threads - Brother suddenly lost

2. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  3. We must fight to join our brothers

in XboX Insiders
    We must fight to join our brothers: must petition to join the war (helldivers II) https://chng.it/BjZ4frTMZK submitted by /u/Icy-March-9517 [link] [comments]
  4. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  5. My little brother destroyed my xbox. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My little brother destroyed my xbox. What do I do?: So, my little brother turned the xbox off while it was updating even though it clearly says not to. What do I do? It barely works. I can only play two, maybe 3 games. It lags and freezes for a few...
  6. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  7. Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother: So I bought the first Borderlands game on the Microsoft store for Xbox 360 on my series X and its nowhere to be found on the Microsoft store for my brother, only all the other games. Why is this?...
  8. My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...: Need help because we can’t get a call back from Xbox customer support. 586a5c9e-fd05-4970-8322-2bf4a1996f41
  9. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  10. I’m having trouble trying to login for the consent for my little brother

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m having trouble trying to login for the consent for my little brother: I try signing in and I get an error message something’s not working it’s not you, it’s us. TraceId: undefined c0938ee7-f5ba-4668-91d8-c916dc545bce