Broken wifi chip?

Discus and support Broken wifi chip? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey guys my xbox has been having some issues these past few months. I’ll be playing any game and then all the sudden the controller will disconnect and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FTFSkater, Oct 18, 2017.

1. FTFSkater
    FTFSkater Guest

Broken wifi chip?

hey guys my xbox has been having some issues these past few months. I’ll be playing any game and then all the sudden the controller will disconnect and my Xbox will disconnect from Xbox live. I’ve looked everywhere for a solution and even bought a wifi adapter,
    which didn’t do anything. I talked to a rep and she said I have to pay $135. I’m not paying another dime to Microsoft for something they messed up on so is there a third party solution or something I can do myself? I’d like to utilize the $700+ I’ve put into
    this xbox one, (ie all the games, nice headset, elite controller) I thought when i bought this console under a year ago I was buying quality but this has been anything but quality. If there are no cheap solutions I’ll take my money to sony. Thanks!

:)

FTFSkater, Oct 18, 2017
  2. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
  3. Mr Delabee
    Mr Delabee Guest
    slim broken wifi???

Yeah, there is always that option, will be a quicker solution than repair but will obviously have a cost involved.

Just remember as long as the console is under warranty you should be entitled to a repair or possibly replacement from retail. Also maybe best to get it fixed/replaced in-case it could lead to other issues within the console.

Mr Delabee, Oct 18, 2017
  4. TXC p0tat0 Win User

Downloaded speed

Try opening up the mainframe of the Xbox with a screwdriver. Then switch out the wifi chip with a new one
  5. the A O D Win User

Xbox One Losing Connection to Wireless Network

Tried switching my gateway to bridge mode based on advice on another topic. Still nothing. Very hesitant of trying to connect directly to the gateway. The problem definitely cropped up after the last update, and I'm pretty sure that "boosting" the controller
    connection times probably gimped the chips allocated wifi power somehow. Who knows. Was working fine before update, now broken.
  6. MichaelGossett Win User

XBOX ONE Interference with Personal Medical Devices - Need a way to Disable the Wifi or source of interference from XBOX and hardwire

Again, there will be no way to do this. There are two separate wireless chips, one to connect to internet the other for the controllers, referred to as Wifi Direct.
  7. Tayder9074 Win User

Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks

That was my original concern but I contacted the previous owner and the warranty was voided long ago, he did a wifi chip repair.
  8. Tezzarrific Win User

Connecting LS35X Head Phones to PC without Xbox Wireless Adapter

because the wireless adapter does not use bluetooth, it uses normal wifi signal. the controllers have a seperate bluetooth chip so they can operate with BT but the headset does not.
Thema:

Broken wifi chip?

1. Broken wifi chip? - Similar Threads - Broken wifi chip

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  4. MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN

in XBoX Accessibility
    MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN: Okay so, I was able to spent a lot of money on xbox during the covid lockdown. I earned around 30k points from grinding games and spending real money AND TIME. I redeemed about 25k on useless...
  5. broken HDMI on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken HDMI on Xbox One X: I have a white Xbox one x limited edition that my mother's ex gave me (like 2 or 3 years ago) since they didn't want it but the HDMI port on it is broken and the only thing I was given was a...
  6. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  7. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  8. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  9. Xbox X broken wifi card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X broken wifi card: So my Xbox x has been working wonderfully since I got it in November. 3 days ago it started disconnecting from the wifi with no way to add an additional wireless network. We were able to reset it...
  10. Xbox internal WiFi Broken after 7 months!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox internal WiFi Broken after 7 months!: hi there, so last week I noticed my Xbox one S console was forgetting my WiFi network bit weird But I thought nothing of it and entered the password. But then today I entered the password because...