Broken Headphone Jack and Warranty Questions

Discus and support Broken Headphone Jack and Warranty Questions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an xbox controller about a month and a half ago, November 29th, and after a while, I used a headset from a friend for a couple weeks but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Connerhopcus, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Connerhopcus
    Connerhopcus Guest

I purchased an xbox controller about a month and a half ago, November 29th, and after a while, I used a headset from a friend for a couple weeks but then all of a sudden my headset wouldnt work and xbox would say nothing was detected. So I thought the
    headset had just broke so I bought a new one and then it still didnt work. At this point, I tried the headsets on my girlfriends controller and they worked perfectly fine. (on the same account). So i looked into xbox's warranty and i would fill out the serial
    number and it would say my warrantys all good and "Click to order a replacement" or something like that. So i click it and the page just goes white and doesnt react at all. I tried on multiple devices and it still doesnt work. This is just way too many problems
    for a controller i got 1 month and a half ago and I bought a new headset just to find out it wasnt a broken headset. Please give me help with broken headphone jack and what I can do about that and what the deal is with the xbox's warranty.

:)

Connerhopcus, Jan 11, 2021
  2. SuffaInYaUndies Win User

Can Anyone Else Still Hear Game Chat While in Party Chat?

Maybe the headphone jack is broken off in the controller?
  3. choppyseize Win User

CONTROLE DO XBOX ON X NÃO RECONHECE FONE (TIPO P2) [XBOX ON X CONTROL DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PHONE (TYPE P2)]

Controllers come with a limited 90 day warranty. It could be that the headphone jack has been damaged. How old is the controller?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox headphone jack broken

Hello Colton,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We understand that the headset is plugged into the controller, but the console is not recognizing the headset. Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider program
    ? We suggest utilizing the headset with a different controller. This troubleshooting step will help us determine if there is an issue with the controller or the headset. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. Geth Win User

Seems like it needs to be replaced or repaired.
  6. I Rezyl Azzir I Win User

if you have updated it and you still get no sound then look in the settings if that is still not working and you have warranty on the controller take it back for repair.
Thema:

1. Broken Headphone Jack and Warranty Questions - Similar Threads - Broken Headphone Jack

2. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  3. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  4. Broken rt on elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken rt on elite controller: The right trigger on my elite controller is being registered as constantly being pressed down and going to home instantly pushes the selection down and won’t go up I cannot afford a new one please...
  5. Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support: Hi I have a set of xbox wireless headphones. I stood on them by mistake and landed up bbreaking the side support section - see attached- does anyone have an older unit(even wired) that i can...
  6. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  7. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  8. Xbox series X has been broken since release

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has been broken since release: I’m very frustrated by this. No games or apps will load so I’ll power cycle the Xbox. Unplug the leads and wait. Go to turn it back on and my controller isn’t synced. Try to use the Xbox series...
  9. My Xbox series X motherboard has broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X motherboard has broken: My Xbox series X motherboard has broken and it is one month out of warranty, why should I have to pay £290 to get this fixed when it is not my fault, I can’t believe that a £500 console can barely...
  10. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133