Broken disc drive, now I can't update.

Discus and support Broken disc drive, now I can't update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I recently dropped my Xbone and broke its disc drive. I've continued playing my digital copies for the past month. But since the most recent update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LULZmerked, Oct 19, 2017.

1. LULZmerked
    LULZmerked Guest

so I recently dropped my Xbone and broke its disc drive. I've continued playing my digital copies for the past month. But since the most recent update I'm getting system error:E100 is my xbone bricked if I can't repair the disc drive?!

:)

LULZmerked, Oct 19, 2017
  2. o iJackz x
    o iJackz x Guest
    Install games to hard drive and playing without disc?

Just installed my fifa 11 to the hard drive and I still can't play the disc, my disc is broke and says (disc is unreadable) when I try to play. Any help?

o iJackz x, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Xbox one will not restart after finishing initial update.

I'm surprise that Xbox is giving a free game to people who can actually play their Xbox(broken Disc drive until they get replacement) but not for people who can't even update it to touch it....... NOW that ticks me off!!! If there is a Microsoft Customer
    support looking at this I hope KARMA gets to them...

XSilent666Ghost, Oct 19, 2017
  4. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest

KindGryphon, Oct 19, 2017
  5. KindGryphon Win User

6. XSilent666Ghost Win User

Xbox one will not restart after finishing initial update.

I'm surprise that Xbox is giving a free game to people who can actually play their Xbox(broken Disc drive until they get replacement) but not for people who can't even update it to touch it....... NOW that ticks me off!!! If there is a Microsoft Customer
    support looking at this I hope KARMA gets to them...
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 Games Crash

....the disc drive usually slows down to a crawl and I hear a clicking noise like the laser is trying to read the disc. But the odd thing is I keep my discs in near perfect condition and it happens with all of my games.
    Hi,

I suspect the optical drive is failing and I don't just mean the laser diode, the whole drive is probably on the way out. Remember your console is over 7 years old now. This why it can't read discs like it should even though your discs are perfect.

Microsoft doesn't repair these now but there should be plenty of other repair companies out their that can fix your broken console.
  8. Georges C. Win User

Broken disc drive not allowing update

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Austin, I see in your description that you have already opened the console, in this case the ideal would be to seek some technical assistance specialized in Games, because unfortunately the Xbox One S has been discontinued and no longer has the repair service paid by Microsoft.
  9. ArcticSquash Win User

My Xbox is now completely unusable thanks xbox

now my Xbox is now indefinitely broken it can't use my external hard drive and it reverted back as if I did a factory reset
Thema:

1. Broken disc drive, now I can't update. - Similar Threads - Broken disc drive

2. XBOX SERIES X 2ND BROKEN DISC DRIVE IN 1 YEAR 3 MONTH

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X 2ND BROKEN DISC DRIVE IN 1 YEAR 3 MONTH: So my xbox series x disc drive broke after 8 months last January 2022, now 1 year 3 months later it has broke AGAIN after only playing a few dvds to watch the 1st season of The Sopranos on it. I...
  3. Broken disc drive not allowing update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken disc drive not allowing update: Hey, my Xbox one s had a problem with the disc drive. When trying to install a game my disc drive stopped working and when ever I turned my Xbox on it would just turn off. So I opened up my Xbox...
  4. how can i get my xbox one x disc drive fixed button broken from inside

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i get my xbox one x disc drive fixed button broken from inside: how can i get my xbox one x disc drive fixed button broken from inside cf8a28ec-f608-4718-8940-6c99d7dd1b27
  5. Series X arrived with broken disc drive. Why has Microsoft after sales service been so poor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X arrived with broken disc drive. Why has Microsoft after sales service been so poor?: I ordered my new xbox series x directly from Microsoft online store and was fortunate to make the preorder. The console arrived yesterday but I then found the disc drive was broken and will not...
  6. New series X has arrived but with a broken disc drive. Why am I getting appalling service...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New series X has arrived but with a broken disc drive. Why am I getting appalling service...: I ordered my new xbox series x directly from Microsoft online store and was fortunate to make the preorder. The console arrived yesterday but I then found the disc drive was broken and will not...
  7. Connect system with broken disc drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connect system with broken disc drive?: Hi, We have an xbox one and the disc drive broke a while back (I think my toddler stuck something in it) and we can't afford to replace it. My older kids are wondering if we can buy the connect...
  8. Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band: My Xbox one disc drive recently stopped working, i checked what it was and the band that drives the eject roller was broken and needed to be replaced. I have had no luck finding a replacement for...
  9. Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button?: [Mod Removed] the disc drive on my 360 won't open (either with the eject button or the menu command on the home screen). Am I s.o.l. or are there some other potential solutions? Or at least...
  10. Xbox One disc drive not working/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disc drive not working/broken: So, whenever i put a disc into the system, all that happens is it makes a loud spinning noise and it does nothing else. It doesn't matter what disc i use. My system will no longer read/work with...