Broken Day One Controller

Discus and support Broken Day One Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm new to these forums, but felt compelled to write this entry. I bought my son the Xbox one day one with Forza and also another controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StivOfTheReds, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Broken Day One Controller

Hi there, I'm new to these forums, but felt compelled to write this entry. I bought my son the Xbox one day one with Forza and also another controller. The build quality difference between the day one edition and the other controller is frightening. The
    day ne connected immediately and every thing seemed ok, but a little cheap feeling when compared to the 360 remotes. I then gave him a game on fifa on Xmas day so we used the other controller for the first time. The standard controller felt stronger and more
    responsive. The day one's panels feel loose at the sides and the LB doesn't click. I rang the customer service today and was told I would have to post the controller off. I never thought I'd have to post to the Czech Republic! He said I would get another day
    ne controller, but I'm not convinced after seeng some of the horror stories on the web about this problem. There is nothing more disappointing than buying an expensive item and then being told you have to pay to send the faulty item back. My son is very disappointed
    as he has a day one controller that is faulty and I am gutted. I had 3 Xbox 360s with faults and had to go through the hassle of having them replaced back in the day. The MS customer service has actually gone back over from then, and I think they need to remember
    about customers like myself who have had all 3 versions of there consoles.

:)

StivOfTheReds, Jan 1, 2014
  2. jerz08
    jerz08 Guest
    Cannot hear voices through headset

Just an FYI, My problem was a broken headset port on Day One Controller. Tried a friends controller works fine. Microsoft will not guarantee a Day One Controller replacement.. Nice Job MS.

jerz08, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Day one edition controller broken

You're screwed. They make you ship it to them (you pay, of course) and then you have to pay for the shipping of the replacement. All this while being controllerless for 10-13 days. Way to go, Microsoft!

iIB iIE iIR iIN, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Broken Day One Controller

I feel your pain, looks identical to my story......MS has made it VERY clear that they really just don't care if your new console needs a controller or a power brick for you to be able to use it.....now , if your console itself or you Kinect is bad, they
    will front you one , but if you need a power brick ( I guess now we know the reason its NOT inside the console) or controller you are now a piece of crap that doesn't deserve proper customer service....." if you want, get it to us....we'll check into it....resolve
    it.....when we get around to it, or you could just buy another one"...........im expecting xbox one controllers are selling "better than expected"...........

RobertBuckalew, Jan 1, 2014
  5. maphisto2000
    maphisto2000 Guest
    Same problem here. The rumble motors on my day one controller are broken and I'm told I have to send it off to the Czech Republic at my expense. This was made even more frustrating by a confused Microsoft support representative who for the first 20 minutes
    insisted I would be sent a pre-paid postage label only to back-track on their comments when the email came through minus freepost.

maphisto2000, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Update. I have posted my controller to the Czech Republic for the princely sum of £10.25. My receipt from Microsoft for the transaction says day one controller. They'd better pray that what I get sent in return!

StivOfTheReds, Oct 31, 2018
  7. RobertBuckalew Win User

I feel your pain, looks identical to my story......MS has made it VERY clear that they really just don't care if your new console needs a controller or a power brick for you to be able to use it.....now , if your console itself or you Kinect is bad, they
    will front you one , but if you need a power brick ( I guess now we know the reason its NOT inside the console) or controller you are now a piece of crap that doesn't deserve proper customer service....." if you want, get it to us....we'll check into it....resolve
    it.....when we get around to it, or you could just buy another one"...........im expecting xbox one controllers are selling "better than expected"...........
  8. StivOfTheReds Win User

Update. I have posted my controller to the Czech Republic for the princely sum of £10.25. My receipt from Microsoft for the transaction says day one controller. They'd better pray that what I get sent in return!
  9. maphisto2000 Win User

Same problem here. The rumble motors on my day one controller are broken and I'm told I have to send it off to the Czech Republic at my expense. This was made even more frustrating by a confused Microsoft support representative who for the first 20 minutes
    insisted I would be sent a pre-paid postage label only to back-track on their comments when the email came through minus freepost.
  10. jerz08 Win User

Cannot hear voices through headset

Just an FYI, My problem was a broken headset port on Day One Controller. Tried a friends controller works fine. Microsoft will not guarantee a Day One Controller replacement.. Nice Job MS.
  11. USAMP411 Win User

Day one edition controller broken

My Day One controller won't even power on. I have tried 8 batteries plus a play and charge battery pack that works fine on my other controller. Sure they will replace it but I doubt it will be with another Day One controller
Thema:

1. Broken Day One Controller - Similar Threads - Broken Controller

2. broken controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken controller: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...
  3. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  4. Is my Xbox elite series 2 core controller broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Xbox elite series 2 core controller broken?: 2 days ago I received a Xbox elite series 2 core controller I purchased from Amazon. I took the controller out of the box and noticed that when I would try to turn ether thumbstick in complete 360...
  5. Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken: I want to know if it's too late to replace it, sense it came faulty It was paid for and I wasn't expecting it to have broken analog sticks, hope it can be replaced it's the only controller. I...
  6. My *NEW* replacement xbox elite controller is broken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My *NEW* replacement xbox elite controller is broken.: My *NEW* replacement xbox controller <1mo has an rb button issue where the button press does not register half the time. I spent 80$ to buy this replacement going through the xbox replacement...
  7. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  8. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  9. Broken rt on elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken rt on elite controller: The right trigger on my elite controller is being registered as constantly being pressed down and going to home instantly pushes the selection down and won’t go up I cannot afford a new one please...
  10. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54