Broader software niches, losing fandom, bring on the retro community

Discus and support Broader software niches, losing fandom, bring on the retro community in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox, There's a lot of things you all are getting right, like the reverse compatibility salvaging software gems. I hate how Sony is trying to cash... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/B1RDM4N16, Jun 30, 2021.

1. /u/B1RDM4N16
    /u/B1RDM4N16 Guest

Xbox,

There's a lot of things you all are getting right, like the reverse compatibility salvaging software gems. I hate how Sony is trying to cash grab on stuff like virtual fighter 5 remake, etc. I know your have not brought back the playability of all the old software from 360 and the OG Xbox, but it is something I feel you will get around to. Especially since Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is arguably the best fighter and not playable nor are we able to purchase on new hardware. Series X can claim the fighter niche by getting ace software titles like MVC 2, VF 5, etc.

Right now you all are sticking to your guns and trying to maintain the let me be trendy/cool crowd of casual gamers playing crappy royale games and shooters, and since the 360 you have made a bunch of old Microsoft fans jump ship to Sony or steam to play RPGs. The RPG community is pretty much gone and one of the main reasons why friends of mine don't even consider next gen Microsoft hardware, but you have a great back catalog of the genre that are worth experiencing again. One of the biggest crimes you all are committing is ignoring the Atlus catalog of games. Sure you have main stream persona, but it has been since Xbox OG that I recall a true megami tensei game. Such a shame when Shin Megami Tensei V is coming out this year. Plus you might be the only platform that doesn't have SMT III Nocturne remastered, one of the best RPGs made. You really shouldn't ignore the genre, you are isolating your community to fad gamers and teenagers. Not the gamers with expendable cash.

Non of the exclusives are true pullers of a console besides the Nintendo ones, so I wouldn't bank on that. The more valuable thing for you all to do is get back the RPG community, and claim a bigger pie of the fighting game community with ace titles like SF, Guilty Gear, king of fighters, etc. Plus the amazing back catalog of games with your reverse compatibility. If you could bring online play to some of those games, especially MVC 2 and VF games, you will claim a bigger niche of gamers.

The PC cross play only helps, and the uncensored game developing freedom are big pulls you have going for you. Nintendo has pulled from the Sony pie with that in recent years, from reading forums and seeing as my friends opted for the switch version over playstation's ridiculous and needless censoring of titles. From what a read on forums, ppl have caught wind of Sony's needless censoring. Stick to the freedom for developers and stop thinking games aren't "cool" to play in the west and you'll gain back a chunk of gamers that have left the Microsoft platform. End of the day, hardware ownership pulls software sales. Being the system with greater freedom and potential will catch on, broader software choices = more gamers = more sales.

submitted by /u/B1RDM4N16
    [link] [comments]

/u/B1RDM4N16, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

VR on Xbox

As someone who has a VR headset for another gaming device, as well as one that works on a PC, I can count on one hand the number of times each has been used since they were purchased and any needed games/software installed.

Sure VR is a neat feature, but my headsets are collecting dust. I know a few other people who have purchased VR devices before me, and they did the same thing - used them a bit and then either sold them or left them to collect dust.

I'm sorry to say, but VR is a niche market. They've been out for years, and they never really flew off the shelves as the hot ticket item. Microsoft is trying to appeal to a broader audience and not just a niche one.
  3. A Remington 870 Win User

Anyone got the Duke yet?

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

OMG I hate it, I'm trading it in tomorrow. They should have made it a budget price release, it is not up to scratch.
    Admittedly, I've never been a huge Duke fan.

[/quote]

and there's your problem. this is a retro niche game for fans.
  4. Kittykoon Win User

Furry gamer looking for some buds

that is where you are uneducated at then. The furry fandom is based off of anthropomorphic animals. Not the sexual behaviors of them but the animals themselves (general). Think of it as people liking bugs bunny and wanting a character that matches his personality
    but they can call their own. You are mistaking the fandom for a fetish as the general. Every fandom has the "weirdos" that take it too far and, ofcourse, they stereotype the rest of the fandom. I'm only in it because I do enjoy the concept of talking animals
    like the looney tunes and courage and so on. I'm not in it for some weird fetish that might as well be zoophilia. Keep that in mind before you make an assumption like that. You're not the only one who does and it's a damn shame that it's how the fandom is
    viewed even against those who want to call put themselves in the fandom yet have to get the whole "animal ***" assumption as well.
  5. Kittykoon Win User

Furry gamer looking for some buds

a fandom for anthropomorphic animals
  6. LLG JuGgErNaUt Win User

Gamertag

They are probably all taken already since they are very popular among a niche community
Thema:

1. Broader software niches, losing fandom, bring on the retro community - Similar Threads - Broader software niches

2. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  3. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  4. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?: I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and scratched the read side. The scratches are not...
  5. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  6. clipping software problem on fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    clipping software problem on fortnite: hi so i’ve been having this issue for a little while. everytime i press the record button to record a clip my controller disconnects for about 5-20 seconds. this controller is brand new and didn’t...
  7. Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?: Is spigotMC even compliant with the EULA? I really need to know because I want to host a minecraft server (what else would I be using it for?) and I really cant find any clear information online....
  8. Elite series 2 software bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 software bug: Issue started this morning . Turned xbox on, loaded into a game and my controller was being really weird. Some buttons wouldn't work or be extremely delayed. So I go into the accessory app to test...
  9. Redragon M808 software help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redragon M808 software help: So I don't know if I can ask this here but I'm having some trouble with my M808 software where the mouse works fine but when I boot up the software it says "mouse disconnected" what do I do now?...
  10. Controller Hardware or Software issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Hardware or Software issue?: So I've had an issue with a controller for awhile now, when I try to hold the Xbox home button (to bring up the power off, restart prompts), it will regularly open the blade menu (as if I only...