Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016

Discus and support Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It was a great feature to some. But they removed it because it wasn't popular enough. I doubt it would be brought back at this point. Anything is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by choppyseize, Mar 8, 2019.

1. choppyseize
    choppyseize Guest

It was a great feature to some. But they removed it because it wasn't popular enough. I doubt it would be brought back at this point. Anything is possible I suppose.

:)

choppyseize, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Ezzn Win User

I with @IRB PIP would be great!!!!
  3. Living Charade Win User

When I bought the xbox one this was the ONE feature I was extremely looking forward to,when it arrived I was actually extremely annoyed it wasn't on it anymore and even considered returning it because it was a major selling point.

However I kept the system but I find I don't use it as much at the moment because there are things lacking that just should be there. I think they should definitely bring this back, There is no excuse, if they want to allocate more space to a certain game
    then they can block snap for that game, letting people know that snap does not work with this game.

The other thing mentioned about PIP, now this, this could work with oneguide, use that as a "snapped" video source, it would take minimal system resource as everything is rendered off system, the only thing that would be running is the bare app itself. This
    could be an additional feature to snap to be brought in as an apology for getting rid of a beloved feature. Although I would settle for one or the other I would prefer both to be an option.

Please microsoft, as you can see there is a huge demand for this feature to come back, and you would only need to impliment your past code into the next system update to bring it back, you didn't remove all traces of the code for snap anyway.

Just do it for the fans, show that you care about your players
  4. Atherza Win User

This has been asked for multiple times, try searching the Xbox Feedback website for it there.
  5. matthewiag Win User

It would be great to see it come back in some form :)
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

A lot of people are missing this feature. Not sure why it was dropped because it was very popular. Let's hope they here the calls but suggest it directly to the team here Xbox
    Feedback
    . If enough ask you never know!
    Although it seems like it was "very popular", Microsoft/Xbox have the raw data to see how many people were using it and how often. They then took the decision that it wasn't very many (a small % of the userbase) to decided to remove the resource requirement
    so game developers could use that processing power and the Xbox team didn't need to manage the code required to run it.

Sad, but it kind of makes sense.

This is exactly what I was going to say. It might have a vocal popularity, but actual usage numbers might not reflect that. The "gaming" power lost by dedicating resources to a second app and network traffic, as well as the lost real estate on screen is
    something users didn't want to give up. As well as adding the more complicated "gestures" to switch and control the second app would not be intuitive for most users to use, either.

I just have a second computer I use for my second screen experience, and works just as well, though I know not everyone has that option of a portable easy second computer/tablet.
Thema:

1. Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016 - Similar Threads - Bring Snap App

2. Bring back Snap feature..............

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back Snap feature..............: Yes i for one want this feature back because i love watching my shows as i play games and i dont wanna have to use another device for this when i have all my streaming services on my xbox series s...
  3. Bring back the snap an app feature

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the snap an app feature: The Snap an app feature was ahead of it's time and would make the perfect app now especially with all the streaming services available! Please bring this feature back submitted by /u/SnowIsATrap...
  4. Bring back the SNAP AN APP feature

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP AN APP feature: I really miss the Snap An App feature. I used it a lot while Skype video calling while also gaming, playing games while having YouTube snapped so I could go for achievements in real-time. Xbox...
  5. Should Xbox bring back the Xbox Snap app feature back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Should Xbox bring back the Xbox Snap app feature back?: Have you ever wanted to watch a YouTube video, twitch stream, or watch a sports game all while gaming. With the snap app feature that was possible until Xbox decided to remove it. This feature...
  6. Bring back snap an app!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring back snap an app!: This was the worst day of the Xbox One! We need the snap an app back this is the one thing that made xbox great to play. We could play and watch a video but no you had to dumb down the Xbox One...
  7. Bring back SNAP AN APP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring back SNAP AN APP: I think Xbox should bring back SNAP AN APP because if your playing with a streamer you can't watch them or hear what they are saying as well as play with them. I think it was stupid and pointless...
  8. Possibly Bring Back Snap an App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possibly Bring Back Snap an App?: I really enjoyed being able to snap an app to the side of the screen in the original xbox one firmware. I was wondering if it would be possible to bring that feature back if app developers are...
  9. Bring Back Snap an App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bring Back Snap an App: Please bring back the snap an app function. i hate this new update and wish you would roll it back. being able to play games and watch TV was the best feature of the XBOX One. the tv App helped...
  10. Bring twitch streaming/app snap back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bring twitch streaming/app snap back: I have a stream community on twitch and your new update 'beam' completely robs people like wlme who only stream off their Xbox one to twitch. It's like getting your computer stolen and told that...