Brand new Xbox S fan ticking

Discus and support Brand new Xbox S fan ticking in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a brand new Xbox S, when I am closer to the xbox I can hear a ticking maybe coming from the fan and I am wondering if this is normal? There are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bol__glowy, Nov 30, 2022.

1. bol__glowy
    bol__glowy Guest

I have a brand new Xbox S, when I am closer to the xbox I can hear a ticking maybe coming from the fan and I am wondering if this is normal? There are mixture of opinion on the internet where people have it and says its normal and other have return their xbox.

Moreover, when I completly shut down my xbox, there is a humming sound that can be heard if u place ur ear on the xbox. is is it also normal?

:)

bol__glowy, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Bol, the console is an electronic device, which passes electric current through it, and has the cooler, which emits a working noise as it rotates.

It's perfectly normal.

It just won't be normal, if the console gets hot, turns off, or says it was turned off due to overheating, my friend.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. ow7iee Win User

Xbox One S Weird Fan Sound

I just want u to know that the "ticking" fan sound is very common... My xbox one s have had this issue since brand new.

There are professional tests done, check youtube. It's nothing to worry about since the fan aren't broken or anything. It's just anoying.

No need to worry 😉
  4. Zerutso Win User

New X1s ticking fan

Hi there ,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One S console.Sounds like the problem may be due to internal hardware. I recommend to
    contact Customer Support for further assistance or visit the
    Device service and Repair
    site.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    I appreciate the info, but I returned it to the store and got a refund.
  5. GroundOregano94 Win User

New X1s ticking fan

I had an X for 19 months. Solid as a Rock. Quiet. Next to X is PS 4 pro, sound like a jet taking off when the complex graphical scene comes up. Are you buying it from Microsoft or some third party? It seems impossible to me that same issue is with all
    5! Are you sure that boxes are the real source of the sound? Have you tried to change the position of boxes?
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

New X1s ticking fan

You shouldn't be having a ticking sound. Is your area that the console is in free of dust? Any way you can upload a video with the sound you are hearing? Very strange to have that many consoles with the same issue.

Edit: Have a listen the the fan noise in this thread and let us know if it's the same sound you are hearing?

Listen here
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox S fan ticking - Similar Threads - Brand fan ticking

2. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  3. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  4. Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?: I have an xbox one x, It works fine but the fan on it stopped working so I put a Brand New fan on it and the fan still won't turn on and I plugged it in the right way too. Why is the fan not...
  5. Brand new Xbox One S, squeaky fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One S, squeaky fan: Just bought a new Xbox One S. Turned it on and the fan kicked on high as it was doing initial updates. The fan however sounds like robot crickets. It is much louder than my 3 year old xbox one. Is...
  6. Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console): Ho, i just got a brand new Xbox one s, beautiful game, but i notice a anoing noise apparently on fan, like a bee noise, this noise is not all right l, my old Xbox 360 never did noise, also my ps3...
  7. Loud chirping fan noise from a brand new Xbox One S & sticky A button on a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud chirping fan noise from a brand new Xbox One S & sticky A button on a new controller: Hi! I ordered a brand new, white Xbox One S 1Tb console and got it set up yesterday after picking it up from mail. I was greeted with a quite a shock right when I first booted up the system, as...
  8. brand new xbox 1-s forza -- Fan is way loud and stays on when powered down

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox 1-s forza -- Fan is way loud and stays on when powered down: We have had it for about 6 days. The fan has been spinning up and has not really turned itself off. It also stays on when the machine is powered down. Tried to watch a movie last night and...
  9. XBOX ONE S brand new power supply noise Or fan NOISE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S brand new power supply noise Or fan NOISE: Hi everybody, I come here to tell you I bought a brand new XBOX ONE S battlefield 1 To limited edition and i Got only trouble with it. I got either the fan noisy problem (fan making a lot of...
  10. xbox one brand new fan noise problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one brand new fan noise problem: Hello guys, I've bought today a brand new xbox one et i'm getting a noise inside the fan (like something is touching it). I've seen a precedent topic had been closed ;...