Brand new Xbox One Elite Controller stick drift

Discus and support Brand new Xbox One Elite Controller stick drift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After about 20 minutes of use, my Xbox One Elite Controller is unusable. The left stick perpetually drifts to the right. I love the look of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BushDid7Eleven, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Brand new Xbox One Elite Controller stick drift

After about 20 minutes of use, my Xbox One Elite Controller is unusable. The left stick perpetually drifts to the right. I love the look of the controller, the customisation, hair triggers, analog sticks, etc and I was so excited to get one, but now I can't
    even play anything with it unless I want my character to move to the right at all times. I've tried looking through the settings, changing sensitivity, swapping thumsticks, restarting my xbox, restarting my controller and all sorts of other things, but nothing
    works. Does anybody know of a fix, and if not then why is the elite controller priced so high if it breaks so easily, I haven't dropped it or anything.

:)

BushDid7Eleven, Dec 23, 2015
  2. BobHun87
    BobHun87 Guest
    Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.

BobHun87, Dec 23, 2015
  3. X0drkghost0X
    X0drkghost0X Guest
    Xbox One Elite/Normal controller stick drift

I'm noticing stick drift in my six month old Elite controller. Much like my old generation one controller and my spec ops controller I purchased for my XB1. The support site says to purchase a new controller. I spent the $150 on a new controller and do
    not see myself purchasing a new one to fix a known issue with XB1 controllers.

1. Is there a way to send it in for replacement(warranty)?

2. Is there a way to reset stick drift? (ie. scuff controller: push the stick for 15 seconds then rotate 360 degrees)

X0drkghost0X, Dec 23, 2015
  4. xSavageGrav396X Win User

Xbox Glitch?

It is likely controller stick drift, you will need a brand new controller
  5. BobHun87 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Drift with Elite controllers

I have two original elite controllers and one pf the new elite 2 controllers that I got my son for Christmas. They all have drift issues with the left sticks. I hd thought it would be addressed with the new version, but I guess not. Please help
    make this right.
    Unfortunately, stick drift seems all too common in this current generation on Xbox, on PS4, and even on Switch. I wonder if it's because so many games use the sticks at buttons as well, which is leading to extra pressure being exerted? I've lost many controllers
    to stick drift, and looking at the forums and reddit, a lot of people are complaining about stick drift issues from day one with the Elite series 2. Fingers crossed that Xbox can address the issue for everybody affected by it.
  7. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  8. Ash of Snow Win User

New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !

Iv'e bought multiple controllers over the years and iv'e only had a stick drift issue with one of my controllers and it was on it's last legs to be honest (after serving me well over the years) it was time to retire the controller and get a new one, witch
    i just bought a random controller that was brand new, and i haven't had problems with stick drift in many years.
Thema:

Brand new Xbox One Elite Controller stick drift

1. Brand new Xbox One Elite Controller stick drift - Similar Threads - Brand Elite Controller

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  7. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  8. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  9. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.: Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face...
  10. Xbox Accessories stuck syncing with BRAND NEW Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories stuck syncing with BRAND NEW Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Hi there, I have bought a brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, hoping to start using it on the PC. After plugging it in for the first time, I was told I need to update it threw the...