Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues

Discus and support Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I returned the Xbox in question. I'll reply again if the new one has the same issue or if it resolves. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dalgrim, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest

I returned the Xbox in question. I'll reply again if the new one has the same issue or if it resolves.

Dalgrim, Jan 8, 2016
  2. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Good Luck!! We all wish for better success.

{Parity}, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    router log:

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address *removed , Friday, January 08,2016 13:16:56

[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.102] to MAC address *removed, Friday, January 08,2016 13:17:59

I hid the MAC address

This proves that the Xbox is sending invalid wireless login information/ wrong security.

WTF Microsoft, it's WPA2-PSK with AES encryption on a 5ghz 802.11n network. That is as standard as it gets.... There are no special characters in the the SSID, There is no reason an xbone should not be able to connect.

Dalgrim, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest

New on has same issues. Xbox getting returned and exchanged for a PS4... It's to bad as I have a number of friends on XBLive.

Forum keeps either doubleposting or deleting this response I tried to post:

outer log:

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address *removed , Friday, January 08,2016 13:16:56

[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.102] to MAC address *removed, Friday, January 08,2016 13:17:59

I hid the MAC address

This proves that the Xbox is sending invalid wireless login information/ wrong security.

WTF Microsoft, it's WPA2-PSK with AES encryption on a 5ghz 802.11n network. That is as standard as it gets.... There are no special characters in the the SSID, There is no reason an xbone should not be able to connect.

Dalgrim, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    New on has same issues. Xbox getting returned and exchanged for a Sony product... It's to bad as I have a number of friends on XBLive.

Forum keeps either doubleposting or deleting this response I tried to post:

Router log:

I hid the MAC address

Dalgrim, Jan 8, 2016
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    It would definitely be worth trying on another network. Do you have a friend that you could take it to and see if you can connect to their wireless network? I know you are not really interested in trying it wired but just to test it would help to determine
    where the actual issue is. Maybe we could use your experience to assist others in the future.

Just some thoughts. Good luck on whatever you decide.

{Parity}, Jan 8, 2016
  7. The chances of getting 2 xboxs that wont connect because they are "bad" are pretty slim ...much more likely to have something to do with your setup , which seems to be a little advanced , some ports forwarded , others not ,

email server and have SSH to a linux server , minecraft game server ...has to be in there somewhere imo...good luck on the PS4 ...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 8, 2016
  8. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest

I think I found the issue. Apparently Xbox Ones are not compatible with a 5ghz networks or at least not when they have 40mhz bandwidth on... So this is what I had to do, forget the 5ghz network (and its higher speed) connect the xbox to the 2.4ghz b/g/n
    network. It all magically started working. So the Xbox One is not compatible with a 802.11 spec published in 2009. Luckily for me I don't have any 80.11b devices at home as per the spec all devices operate at the slowest connect spec speed. (11Mbs - b) (54MBits
    - g) (150 - n 2.4hgz/20) (300/600 Mbits -5ghz/40). I guess 54Mbits should work.

But at least the thing works and my kids can use it.

If you ever see this issue in the future have the users connect to a 2.4 network to test.

Dalgrim, Jan 8, 2016
  9. I think I remember a thread in the past similar to that but I thought it COULD use that range...either way , YOU GOT IT!!! SUCCESS!!....seams like it could just flash a message that the "5ghz network your are trying to connect to is incompatible " or some
    other cleaver xbox error message...

I did find an old thread on the 5g ...

quote :

After a lot of testing it looks like the wifi network detection (specifically 5Ghz) is a bit'n'miss. On startup, if the X1 fails to find the configured SSID it assumes that the wifi connection has not been setup and you have to go through the setup procedure
    again. At this point pressing 'Search' several times causes the SSID for 5Ghz connect appear and disappear from the list. Once the connection is made the X1 shows the wireless strength as 100% (as it's in the same room as the AP). I have numerous devices using
    5Ghz and the X1 is the only one that does not reliably connect. Ergo, I can only assume that this is either a software or (highly unlikely) hardware issue as I already performed extensive diagnostics and troubleshooting to rule out the AP. This post is to
    make Microsoft aware of the issue.

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: