Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues

Discus and support Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 3 day old Xbox One 1TB. It is having a couple issues with networking. The main issue is: Every time I restart the system I must reconnect to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dalgrim, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest

I have a 3 day old Xbox One 1TB. It is having a couple issues with networking. The main issue is:

Every time I restart the system I must reconnect to my wireless network. Every time. The password has NOT changed but I'm forced to reenter it every time. All other wireless devices work fine, even my Xbox 360 connects fine. Why are my settings not being saved?
    There is no dialog/options in the Network Config to disallow remember password. Connection speeds are very good (60MBps down and 5MBps up) and the signal strength is listed as "very good".

The second issue is more of an annoying bug that I had to work around. After I connect I must press LT+RT+Y to refresh the desktop or else I get an almost blank dashboard. It took me 3 hours of googling to figure out why my brand new xbox one couldn't even
    download stuff. i.e. games with gold.

I am a CCNA + checkpoint CCSA so I'm fairly certain my network is not the problem.

Router Netgear WNDR3800 latest firmware, NAT set to OPEN. Port 3074 NOT forwarded as I have a 360 and XBone that both need that port so I just let NAT handle it.

:)

Dalgrim, Jan 2, 2016
  2. Martino123
    Martino123 Guest
    Xbox One going into "energy saving" mode sometimes, even when I have "instant on" selected

me too happens to me that instant mode powersupply shuts off with my brand new 1TB Elite Xbox One

Martino123, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Sidianise
    Sidianise Guest
    Sign error Xbox

i am having the SAME issue. I am UK based. i have a brand new Xbox One S 1Tb.

dont know if that means anything....

Sidianise, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Nadidles100
    Nadidles100 Guest

Hello Dalgrim, sorry you have to experience this.

I am almost positive this is a hard-drive related bug. Please go to settings > system > console info & updates > Restore Factory Defaults.

Make sure all sensative data is first backed up to a USB drive or the cloud.

If this does not work, try exchanging the device for a new one or call Xbox at 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Nadidles100, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    Modem is a DOCSIS3 Motorola cable modem SB6121. No issues on the network end, all my other devices and my computer can send receive traffic.

I'll try the factory reset. Kinda frustrating to have to re-download the updates and game data (ridiculously large updates and mandatory installs).

Dalgrim, Jan 2, 2016
  6. see if you can plug the xbox straight onto the modem and see if the dashboard problems change...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 2, 2016
  7. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    "see if you can plug the xbox straight onto the modem and see if the dashboard problems change..."

This is not an option, The modem is in the basement, albeit almost directly below the xbox (<6ft away). There is no way to hard plug it as the walls are not cat5/6 wired. Even if I wanted to drill a hole in my hardwood floors I couldn't as I have in-floor
    radiant heat.

Dalgrim, Jan 3, 2016
  8. Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues

Could you move the xbox to where the modem is to "test" ? or move the modem to the xbox if you have cable upstairs ?... the wireless problem might be on the xbox , the only way to truly test that is take it somewhere else and see if it will connect to
    somebody else's Wi-Fi ... you also mentioned ports that you didn't forward , did you forward any or make any changes in the router ? Sometimes "reset router to factory defaults " and redoing the connection setup on the console gets things back...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 3, 2016
  9. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    Yes I have other ports forwarded, They are not on the XBox live port list. Again I'm a network administrator. I'm 100% sure it's not the network itself, I did run the factory reset on the xbox as I suspect that is a possibility. I run an email server and
    have SSH to my linux server. I help my kids run a minecraft game server as well.

It was connecting to the network just requiring the password every time. Which is a hassle for me and all but impossible for my kids to reenter. I'll post back if the factory restore fixes the issue. If not I'm going to return the device as I've used way
    to much of my(and my kids) Christmas vacation beta testing a Microsoft product.

I "could" move the xbox and a TV down temporarily to the basement but that doesn't solve the issue of not connecting to the wireless automatically. And as mentioned it does eventually connect, just needs a password every time.

I do appreciate your time helping, I just with MS would actually fix their product, or at least have a reliable tech support line.

Dalgrim, Jan 3, 2016
  10. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    Ok the system restore finished, the updates are all downloaded. Of course I had to enter the password on first time through. Turned off the system waited 5 min turned it back on: home screen with a "connect to xbox live" box.... great....

before I could turn it off or click the button I got called away to help with the kids, about 3 min later I came back by the TV and by a stroke of luck the screen changed as I was walking by the TV. It connected and loaded my friends list. So now I have
    another question:

How long after booting and showing the home screen does/should it take for the network to connect? 3+min sounds like a long time to connect after booting.

Dalgrim, Jan 3, 2016
  11. I have never noticed any time to connect once I get to home screen...I am hardwired though , but that shouldn't make any difference...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 3, 2016
  12. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    This console must be defective...

When I turn it on I get a limited dashboard. Then after 1-2 minutes I get this:

http://www..com/files/xbox/Startup1.jpg

and hitting RT I see this:

http://www..com/files/xbox/startup2.jpg

I then have to do a RT+LT+Y to force a refresh and then I see this:

http://www..com/files/xbox/afterLtRtY.jpg

and this:

http://www..com/files/xbox/afterLtRtY2.jpg

This is my Network settings page:

http://www..com/files/xbox/network.jpg

This is what happened when my son tried to play his game:

http://www..com/files/xbox/failure.jpg

Any more ideas?

Dalgrim, Jan 5, 2016
  13. Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues

If you cant try it wired , I would just exchange it since it is new , and again , not saying yours is , but I have seen this same type problem disappear when the router is bypassed and plugged straight into a modem , which would prove the xbox its self
    is not the problem , but its wireless card "could be" ...then you would have to try it on a different wi fi to determine which .... but if its only a week old just return it to where you got it and try another one...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 5, 2016
  14. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest
    I'd love to exchange it, however it was the last Fallout4 Bundle the store had, and I believe that one is not going to be made again, all they have left are 500GB models. I'm calling the 800 number now to discuss more options. Until then here is a link to
    a typical boot for me:

I added a comment with time links to the notable times as there is LOTS of dead time in between.

Dalgrim, Jan 6, 2016
  15. Looks to me like it's having trouble talking to your router , foe whatever reason , no way to troubleshoot that with out another router or another xbox....support may offer you an "advanced exchange"...but not sure how that works on a bundle , I would see
    what the store had or could get (from another store maybe) to get you a diffetant one , if it's not a bundle , make them through in the game ...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues - Similar Threads - Brand 1TB network

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  7. Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...: Brand new xbox series x won't update when I first plugged it in and it disconnects the wireless internet to all of the house. 27395d75-fd37-44f3-8b0e-d60fe54bac6c
  8. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  9. Code (0x80bd003b) with brand new crucial X8 1tb SSD on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code (0x80bd003b) with brand new crucial X8 1tb SSD on Xbox series S: Unable to set up brand new crucial X8 1tb SSD on Xbox series S. Getting code (0x80bd003b) saying the drive is too slow which it isn't. Didn't get the option to reformat when connecting the...
  10. Only 780GB of 1TB Available - Brand New System

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only 780GB of 1TB Available - Brand New System: New system: 1TB Hard Drive, Available space after initial start up: 780GB I understand that there will always be a portion of the hard drive dedicated to system files but my new Call of Duty...