Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

Discus and support Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Evangeline.Lee, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired headset to it and stop using my sister’s controller (i borrowed her controller and it worked fine with my headset but i needed to get my own). When i tried using my headset, it constantly cut out and there was a consistent humming sound that i could not get rid of. I figured it was my headset, since it was just skullcandy headphones with a headphone jack cord. A few weeks later, my friend gave me his headset that he no longer needed, (note: it still worked perfectly fine for him) and it worked okay but now it has become almost unbearable. The humming noise is gone, but it constantly cuts out the audio to the point that i honestly would rather play without any audio than play with it only actually audible about 5% of the time. I really think something must be wrong with the headphone jack in my new controller, but i haven’t done anything that would cause it to be broken. Who do i talk to to get a refund or replacement? I tried looking in the support things but nothing really seemed to fit my scenario. Please help; i dont know what to do.

:)

Evangeline.Lee, Apr 12, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello @Evangeline.Lee, I hope everything is well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, please make sure to follow the following steps in order to fix your issue.

Please follow the the instructions on both links first:

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Xbox Support

The next step will be for you to try and use the headset on different controllers and consoles to confirm it is not an issue with the headset itself.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

The last option would be for you to try and request a replacement for your controller from the microsoft website online.

If nothing from the steps above help you resolve the issue please try to contact the Live Support in case you are the replacement is not successful from your side.

Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Jeffery Wafflez Win User

Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

New xbox controllers (version 2019) show signs of being cheaper out of the box. My roomate has the controller from 4-5 years ago and it's just starting to shut down. My controller that came with my "new" xbox one S had a bad guide button out of the box and
    less than a year later, the audio jack stopped working. Got an older one to replace it, the audio jack quit. Now with a brand new one the audio cord has to be turned to the right, as of two days ago, or I don't get volume. I bought the headset with the controller.
    I will contact xbox about a replacement but now I have to send a controller in and whatever else just to land in these forums again in 2-3 months. I mean I did everything to take care of all of them. It's a shame because they look nice and are in great
    condition but they're all useless like a cloud locked Iphone. Just some 180$ of paper-weights.😥
  4. Hoffasgrave Win User

Controller disconnects

See if anything on this page helps you: http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects
    Sadly it doesn't as I said I already ran the trouble shooting and bought 2 brand new controllers plus had the retailer replace one of the two with a 3rd brand new controller but my original controller doesn't do it but has phantom movements which are just
    as bad.
  5. AOW G0d0fC0rn Win User

Xbox 1 stereo headset echo

Sometimes the connection to the controller needs to be plugged in better. But after a while the wire gets bent too much and causes a bad connection and makes an echo. You could try a different controller. It might be the controller jack is not making
    a good connection.
    Brand new just bought it yesterday I'll try the controller option
  6. DerekMartin Win User

XBox One Chat issue, cant hear others in party audio nor can they hear me.

I went out and bought a brand new controller and after about 20min the headset chat audio stopped working so it's not the controllers.
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection - Similar Threads - Brand controller has

2. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  3. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  6. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  7. Do HexGaming brand controllers work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do HexGaming brand controllers work?: I was wondering if HexGaming controller brands are banned on xbox and I haven't been able to find out on their website. 20591a71-4fef-4f86-9c18-5ce9acb3bdae
  8. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  9. My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries: My map wont open on forza 5 cam do everytjing else , view buttom works fine on everything else its a brand new xbox and controller Ive tried mapping it to other buttons aswell just the same thing...
  10. i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...: i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i registered the device, please help e25fb6c8-96cd-4377-bc75-ab0905de5e28