Brand new Series X shut off and won't turn back on

Discus and support Brand new Series X shut off and won't turn back on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recieved an Xbox Series X for Christmas and I had it on for a few hours last night just installing a few games and messing with it and it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Technotical, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Technotical
    Technotical Guest

I just recieved an Xbox Series X for Christmas and I had it on for a few hours last night just installing a few games and messing with it and it was fine, turned it on probably about an hour ago and started playing Skyrim, and it just shut off out of nowhere and isn't turning back on. It may have overheated but it's only been an hour and the inside should be clean since it's never been used, help?

:)

Technotical, Dec 27, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

if it doesn't turn on, it's a defect, and it probably came with it, or you can exchange it at the store if they still carry out the exchange, or request a repair with microsoft.

it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne....
  3. alexkatbat Win User

“Save games are still uploading on another Xbox” Error

Thanks for your reply!

I had shut off my Series X last night to come back to the issue today, and it turns out that’s all that was needed to resolve the error. Figures turning it off and back on again was the solution

Thanks again!
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

I just bought a brand new Xbox One X, but when I go to the store, Flight Simulator and other Xbox Series X/S games say they are "not playable on this device" and I can't get Flight Simulator to install on my brand new Xbox One X because it says it's "not compatible". Very frustrating.
    So you bought an Xbox One X and expected to be able to play an Xbox Series X game on it?

Why would a game made for an Xbox Series X work on an Xbox One X?

If you want to play Xbox Series X/S games I would take your brand new Xbox One X back to the store you bought it and see if they will take it back and you could try and buy an Xbox Series S (Series X consoles are very hard to find, but a Series S can be found fairly easilly)
  5. jeremy hunter1 Win User

Xbox series x suddenly crashing when playing different games

Same happening to me with brand new X. Can play digital Tina wonderlands xbox one lesser version just fine but try the XS version it freezes in minutes. Shuts off and when turn back on no message. Have tried all the resets only thing left is changing 4k and HDR settings. Which will take it back to having an original xbox one so what’s the point
  6. Francia J. Win User

Brand New Series X turning off whilst gaming

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to perform all the necessary steps to fix the issue as it can be an issue with the console itself.

First, kindly make sure that the console is in a well-ventilated place with enough space on top, at the back, and on both sides.

Also, make sure that it is plugged into your wall socket.

Kindly perform the steps below to fix this:

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug the cord both on the socket as well as on Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes before turning your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
Thema:

1. Brand new Series X shut off and won't turn back on - Similar Threads - Brand Series shut

2. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  5. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  6. Brand new Xbox series x not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x not working: My Brand news box series x pops up with a checkered screen that is either black or lime green whenever I try to play overwatch 2 and immediately crashes my game. I’ve restarted the Xbox,...
  7. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  8. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05
  9. Xbox Series X SSD? Is there a go to brand?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X SSD? Is there a go to brand?: Which brand of SSD do you recommend for an Xbox Series X I have had bad experiences with WD_Black HDD I understand they are different but still. Tia submitted by /u/ButteryPoptart1 [link]...
  10. Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?: A brand new series X right out of the box, plugged it in,dl a list of my games in its hard drive,then tried to start Skyrim.... Error 0x80830003 continuously! Says no available space to save! On a...