Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet.

Discus and support Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just purchased a Gilded Hunter bundle and just finished the setup process for the console but the console is refusing to stay connected to my iPhone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by s1EnderMain DaMystique, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet.

I just purchased a Gilded Hunter bundle and just finished the setup process for the console but the console is refusing to stay connected to my iPhone Hotspot; and yes i know the implications and im probably going to get "just get internet." I'm upgrading from a One S and have been using this connection method for 7 years with no trouble, the One S stayed connected perfectly fine given the slow connection speed but i was able to download games, apps, and it ran connection reliant games like Fortnite and Warframe perfectly fine albeit with a bit of Lag but it was tolerable. The Series S however that i just purchased new from Walmart won't even stay connected for more than 5-30 minutes at a time, I'm constantly having to re input information and restart the console, I've messed around with the Mac Address as I've seen answered to other similar issues, tried changing the port. Nothing works and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Again i must reiterate; I'm not using a normal internet set up, I'm using an IPhone with a generous data connection that has served me well for 7 years with no notable issues, and as far as the new console is concerned, it runs just fine when i can get it to stay connected only it disconnects at random and is a struggle to reconnect. I understand my unusual situation but any new ideas would be appreciated, i just want to enjoy my $320 purchase.

:)

s1EnderMain DaMystique, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

The network can be the fastest around but if ports aren't open, the speed will not be able to communicate with servers.
  3. Jonny306 Win User

Okay,

Now I hate to say it but i do believe the issue is with your network. Now, there are millions of players playing around the world and there are next to no tickets coming in regarding server issues. All servers are operating normally and becausr your Xbox can connect to a network, the issue will not be with the network card. Also, because its recognizing the netwprls, again, indicates the Xbox is working as it should.

I highly recommend testing a different connection.
  4. s1EnderMain DaMystiq Win User

Thank you for the quick reply.

Nat type came back as open, tried multiplayer test 3 times, after some simple trouble shooting it came back as all good on the third attempt. As I said while it remains connected the services are relatively stable, the issue lies in actually getting it to stay connected.
  5. s1EnderMain DaMystiq Win User

it's true i did suffer some lag and somewhat frequent crashes regularly but not regularly enough to really bother me as I don't play competitively, on my old One S i was able to play most games with little issue, from what I've seen the Series S is just a slimmer more powerful One S, and while connected properly feel about the same operation wise. I'm just struggling to understand why the Series S keeps turning its connection off. The only applications i have available to test at the moment are YouTube and Netflix and are able to run a decent 240p - 480p, downloads are incredibly slow but again the speed has never bothered me, on my One S the speeds were consistent even if i had to wait a few days, the Series S does seem to work a bit faster on the downloads actually but for some reason it just drops the connection.
  6. Jonny306 Win User

I do believe it's a porting issue that you are experiencing which will allow players to get on but depending on the game, you may appear alone in open lobbies, you mau experience lagging, sudden or frequent network crashes and the list can go on.

If it was possible to do port forwarding (which sadly I dont believe is possible from a hotspot) I do believe this issue would stop.
Thema:

1. Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet. - Similar Threads - Brand series console

2. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  5. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  6. Brand new Xbox series x not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x not working: My Brand news box series x pops up with a checkered screen that is either black or lime green whenever I try to play overwatch 2 and immediately crashes my game. I’ve restarted the Xbox,...
  7. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  8. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  9. Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console: I just got a new console and the update keeps getting stuck on step 2 at 27% no matter how many times I restart the update. I’ve looked at articles to try and troubleshoot, but I can’t find...
  10. Hi, i brought a brand new xbox series s, and when i connect it, it says this console is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i brought a brand new xbox series s, and when i connect it, it says this console is...: Hi, i brought a series s to play on tvs with my wife, i plugged it in and started it up and when i was configuring it blocked me out and said thay the console is banned, i dont understand why...