Brand New Controller isn't Working

Discus and support Brand New Controller isn't Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Happy Holidays! I just got a brand new Xbox One for Christmas and everything works fine besides the controller. I changed batteries, hard reset the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Torchie1455, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Torchie1455
    Torchie1455 Guest

Happy Holidays!

I just got a brand new Xbox One for Christmas and everything works fine besides the controller. I changed batteries, hard reset the Xbox, tried a different controller on the Xbox(and it worked fine), the controller seems to be the only thing that doesn't work.
    The controller blinks twice then shuts off, it does however work when plugged directly into the Xbox via usb but immediately turns off after being unplugged. Any help?

:)

Torchie1455, Dec 25, 2015
  2. DMONEZDADON
    DMONEZDADON Guest
    My pdp camo wired xbox 1 controller stop working i got brand new cords for while playingitstopworkin

while playing gta my pdp camo wired controller stop working I brought brand new cords and all and my controller won't turn on SMH

DMONEZDADON, Dec 25, 2015
  3. A button not responding

hi, the ‘a’ button has stopped working on my controller. Sent it back to where we got it and they sent out another controller. Still not working. Then been and bought a brand new wired controller and still not working. Sons really upset. Please someone,
    help!?!?!

Thanks

CharlyTheMoose, Dec 25, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Has the controller been updated to the latest firmware?

{Parity}, Dec 25, 2015
  5. I'm trying to connect my 2nd remote controller? How?

KindredBacon569, Dec 25, 2015
  6. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    @KindredBacon569 On the side of the console just to the left of where you insert the disc there is a binding button push this button along with the small button (with controller switched on) near the USB port on the top of the controller.

gds1972, Oct 31, 2018
  7. SydneyC711 Win User

Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

I powercycled, turned it on with the controller and it still isn't working. I turned that controller off and tried my other one and the right joystick still isn't working on that one either. No clue what's going on. I was using a pretty much brand new controller when this happened. I just got the forza 5 edition controller last week.
  8. WGID Win User

dropped my xbox one controller on the ground

There really isn't any way to fix scratches. Just make sure the controller looks brand new, aside from the scratches.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11

I've updated the driver and used this controller on other PCs with windows 11 and the problem still persists.

The information of my system is attached below:
    Hi

If your controller isn't working on other PC running Windows 11 it tells me something is wrong with your controller.

There aren't any compatibility issues with older Xbox 360 controllers and Windows 11. I've just tried my old Xbox 360 wired controller in my brand new Windows 11 based PC and it works fine. The fact that it isn't working now is likely coincidental.
  10. Ghoti657 Win User

Can You Get Banned for Modded Controllers?

what I forgot to add was that Treyarch needs to put a stop on the FAL's rate of fire to fix the problem... It worked with the other guns. Also many of the mods on a modded controller work as well as the buttons on a brand new regular controller (e.g. the
    "drop shot mod" isn't really a mod, it is just a superior button that doesn't get worn out).
  11. ThirstyRain9149 Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 compatible Headsets?

Didn't have any trouble with ours... Not sure why it isn't working for you. We have an elite 2 controller with an Astros brand headset and one with a Turtle Beach brand and we have not had any issues.
Thema:

1. Brand New Controller isn't Working - Similar Threads - Brand Controller isn't

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  5. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  6. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  7. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  8. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  9. Do HexGaming brand controllers work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do HexGaming brand controllers work?: I was wondering if HexGaming controller brands are banned on xbox and I haven't been able to find out on their website. 20591a71-4fef-4f86-9c18-5ce9acb3bdae
  10. My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...: I hold the sync button and it won't do anything and my controller I bought yesterday worked but when I tried to get on today it just blinks and won't work 08f264bb-1fa2-48b9-8833-42c8211fa657