Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or...

Discus and support Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Purchased a Xbox x tonight... started initial download realized I picked the wrong Wi-Fi Wi-Fi won't work I need to start the download over again but I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by janice mac1, Feb 21, 2023.

1. janice mac1
    janice mac1 Guest

Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or...

Purchased a Xbox x tonight... started initial download realized I picked the wrong Wi-Fi Wi-Fi won't work I need to start the download over again but I don't see an option to reset it how do I stop the download because it's not updating and reset it

:)

janice mac1, Feb 21, 2023
  2. Nom Nom Yum Yum Win User

cant delete profile

try to reformat your xbox. that should get rid of your profile and it will run the initial set up of you xbox as if you just bought it. it will restore all settings back to default and it will be like you bought a brand new xbox.

to do this go to the main menu of your xbox - settings - system - initial setup

just a warning the initial setup will delete all saved games and profiles so if you had a game that you were playing and u got half way through it you would have to start over after the setup.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or update....how do I start over so I can choose different wifi...don't see option to start over

Hi Janice! Let's work on that one.

Check to see if you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.

There's an option there to reset your Xbox.
  4. Porsche986dad Win User

Xbox One restarts after I type in wifi password please help!

If this is on an initial setup of a new box, I had the same problem when installing a second new XBox One S upstairs at my home. Here is how I overcame it.

1.) Hook the box up to a wired Ethernet connection with internet access

2.) Complete the initial setup and updates.

3.) Take the box back to the place you want it setup (for me this was upstairs)

4.) Go into settings and setup the wifi....for me, it did not reboot when entering the wifi password in this manner and everything works just fine via wifi since then.
  5. Andami-0D16FD83-2217 Win User

passcode

Either use Initial Setup (System Settings>Initial setup) or type in the following code while in System Info (System Settings>Console Settings>System Info)

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, X, Left, Right, Left

This might delete everything on the HDD in addition to completely reverting the console back to factory settings. Make sure to back up any profiles, saves, or DLC on a flashdrive, or remove the HDD.
  6. gds1972 Win User

What should be in the flash memory in xbox 360 s?

Thema:

1. Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or... - Similar Threads - Bought started initial

2. Cloud gaming not letting me start game that I bought and have owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming not letting me start game that I bought and have owned: [img] As seen in the image xbox says owned but I get the same error message upon starting it c570f325-73a3-49b6-8c09-0c68a9102521
  3. MICROSOFT please contact me. I can't start Minecraft I already bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MICROSOFT please contact me. I can't start Minecraft I already bought: Can someone from MICROSOFT please contact me? I can't start Minecraft Java edition on my PC Windows. I bought it 3 years ago, and played it for years, but I had to reinstall the whole system due...
  4. i bought black ops 2 but when i start the game everything is in french how do i change it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought black ops 2 but when i start the game everything is in french how do i change it...: i bought black ops 2 but when i start the game everything is in french how do i change it to english ? aa6e2702-dcfd-4b27-bad3-9113195ce12b
  5. I just bought 2k22 and my career won’t start up, says to wait for season 4 to start? But it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought 2k22 and my career won’t start up, says to wait for season 4 to start? But it...: I keep getting a “we are preparing to launch a NEW Season of NBA 2k23! Check back later” message. Does this mean I cant create myplayer? How long does this take? 9f1f60ae-84a8-4b77-a6ce-e002f07f619d
  6. Bought Cold War. When Launched it won't go past the "Press A to Start" Screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Cold War. When Launched it won't go past the "Press A to Start" Screen.: Just bought Cold War on my Xbox One S and after having in pre-downloaded then purchased we checked to see if the payment went through and it said "Completed" according to xbox. After opening the...
  7. I can not start scorpio player that I bought.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not start scorpio player that I bought.: I can not start scorpio player that I bought and I can not find it in purchase list in Micorosoft web page. Below screen shot is where I jumped from the mail I got when I paid for buying. Can...
  8. Compre un juego y no me lo deja iniciar[I bought a game and it won't let me start]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Compre un juego y no me lo deja iniciar[I bought a game and it won't let me start]: El dia 18 de agosto compre el juego. Toy story 3 retrocompatible de xbox 360 para la Xbox one y no me lo deja iniciar. J me desconto el pago, pero cuando quiero jugar me envia a la tienda con la...
  9. I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start: I downloaded the base game through Xbox game pass a few days ago, and I loved it (I want to be clear; when playing the base game it worked PERFECTLY even at max graphics settings on my rig), so I...
  10. Turning off window bar and start bar in games bought from the windows store on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turning off window bar and start bar in games bought from the windows store on PC: I have a PC and everything I start a game, I can hover the mouse to the top edge or the bottom edge, and this will bring the bars up. How do I turn off that future. it is really un-immersive when...