Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it

Discus and support Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i have bought Minecraft Deluxe edition on Microsoft store as gift for my kid. However when i chose payment method there was no possibility to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Juraj Bocinec, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it

Hello, i have bought Minecraft Deluxe edition on Microsoft store as gift for my kid. However when i chose payment method there was no possibility to set Czechia as country for payment profile. When trying with Paypal, it set the country to United States greyed out with no possibility to change to Czechia. When i tried directly with debit card it set the country to Montserrat but allowed me to go further with the order. I have paid for the order and now my kids account is unable to redeem it because it claims it was bought in another country. I'm now even unable to cancel that order and get refund because there is no option to Refund the order in my order history. Should i set up dispute with my bank?

:)

Juraj Bocinec, Mar 5, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Juraj, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

You can read more about the refund process at this link https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/subscription...

Then go to https://xbox.com/refund and fill out the refund request form including the order number and date of the purchase. Once filled out it can take up to 78 hours for Xbox to respond to you via the contact info you provide.
  3. DaveKayAdlib Win User

How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft family has requested

Seems like the only option is to find someone who needs a game and gift it to them and get them to buy me a new gift card for the same amount to then redeem on my son's account.

Lots of people with the same problem on the forums, also people who have bought V-Bucks on the parent's account and then can't transfer them to the kids account ( glad I saw that before I made the same mistake).

Tried logging into x-box with my account and then logging into fortnite with my sons account to buy the v-bucks with my money but that isn't possible either as the fortnite account is locked to my son's login.

Thanks for your suggestions but looks like I will just have to ask around or wait to see if there is a game I can gift to him or a friend in the future.
  4. Emperor Lelouch Win User

Minecraft not anymore in my account...

Actually, I never had a Mojang account, when I redeemed minecraft from a gift code, It was in my microsoft account. Now in February of this year, somehow that microsoft account got deleted and now I can't play Minecraft. I checked Xbox usernames and found that my xbox profile is still alive. and I also found that my minecraft account is still safe as I found it in namemc. Only I don't know how I will login
  5. KindGryphon Win User

How do I refund for minecraft game purchased (for PC)

Hello Team,

I purchased Minecraft for PC version (gift for my kid), it has been redeemed, but i want to return and get a refund. It is less than 10 days and not even used for 10 min.

I dont see a refund option in my account, and there is no contact number or chat avaialble it seems for microsoft store ( if true then its very weird).

Can someone please advise .

Thanks
    gifted items that have already been redeemed are not eligible for a refund according to the gifting terms. Only gifted items that have not already been redeemed are eligible

"Gifts may be canceled and refunded to the Gift purchaser up to 14 days after the purchase or until redeemed by the Gift recipient, whichever occurs first."

Source:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...may be canceled and,except as required by law.
  6. cristobalgalvan Win User

Can you use a Microsoft Gift Card to buy V-Bucks on Xbox?

I'm trying to do this for my kid. So I bought the gift card and I did all the steps and apparently I can't seem to retrieve or know what to do after I added them to my Microsoft account can you help me?
Thema:

1. Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it - Similar Threads - Bought Minecraft gift

2. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  5. I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...: I bought minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it and it errors out with geo restricted message. We both live in the same region and we do not have VPN or anything. I am sure I...
  6. I bought a minecraft gift for my girlfriend and it is geolocked for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a minecraft gift for my girlfriend and it is geolocked for no reason: I bought my girlfriend minecraft today so we could play together. We are both Romanians and are currently both living in Ireland. Both our microsoft accounts were made in Romania. Well, after...
  7. I bought Minecraft as a gift but they can't redeem it because their region is wrong?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft as a gift but they can't redeem it because their region is wrong?: Is there a human person working for this company? Please contact me. d7bdd9a0-0a82-4f60-a083-806f86cad489
  8. I bought Minecraft Dungeons as a gift, but it says "It was purchased in a different region...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Dungeons as a gift, but it says "It was purchased in a different region...: The catch is - my account is in Belarus and I was buying gift to an account in Belarus as well. Neither I, nor receiver of a gift (situated in same region as me) could not activate code. We both...
  9. Bought my daughter a minecraft gift code, xboxone says "code already been redeemed"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought my daughter a minecraft gift code, xboxone says "code already been redeemed": Bought my daughter a minecraft gift code, xboxone says "code already been redeemed", cannot find the game down load or anything to do with te game on her xbox one...
  10. I bought Minecraft as a gift yet it doesn't appear for them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft as a gift yet it doesn't appear for them: I bought Minecraft as a birthday gift, but the recipient didn't receive it in their email. How long does it take to process? Thank you for your answer, Romualdas...