Bought game on Work/School account, can't link to personal account.

Discus and support Bought game on Work/School account, can't link to personal account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game using the microsoft account that my school provided me, but now I'm out of school, so I have set up a personal account. I will lose... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KeveyBro, Nov 6, 2021.

1. KeveyBro
    KeveyBro Guest

I bought a game using the microsoft account that my school provided me, but now I'm out of school, so I have set up a personal account. I will lose access to the school account at the end of the year, and since transferring the purchase to my personal account is not possible, and creating a alisas is not possible, I'm not too sure what to do. Is there a way to link the game to my personal account so that if my school account is deactivated I will not lose the game/my progress?

:)

KeveyBro, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. I'm afraid that in this case you're pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. You would need to repurchase the game on your proper account and start from the beginning again.

I'm sorry but there is no way to transfer the game and you will lose access to it once your account at the school has been deactivated.
  3. Nina Jibo1 Win User

Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only works with business account

We understand that the two accounts can not be linked. My son has set up the PC with his personal Microsoft account. But I have bought the game through Mojaang via my personal Microsoft account. It is however asking us to log into the store with a business or school account. I was hoping to link Minecraft with my business account instead of my personal account and make it work that way around.
  4. King Chizzy Win User

If I purchase a game on my PC via the Xbox App, can any xbox account play the game that was purchased, or only the account that bought it?

When I tried signing in it said I can't use a personal account and to use a work or school account. Is there any way to bypass this?
  5. DanielMcCormack1 Win User

Duplicate Microsoft accounts

Is it possible to change a School or Work account into a personal account please?
  6. SaturdaySaints Win User

Recover old gamertag that may be disassociated with email

I know it's unrelated, but allow me to slightly correct you since i do work as an IT admin;

"work or school" accounts and "personal" accounts don't always follow that rule. I had many instances where "personal account" for the corporation was the one that worked for the login. What would happen is that the user would login from home on a VPN or
    sometimes a mobile device on the account, and they would get disconnected temporarily from the network and try to sign back in. The account would still try to sync, and then incidentally create the "work or school" account.

In my case, i NEVER logged into a VPN EVER under that email address. it was an aim.com email address. You kinda can't do that.

I did find out however that the account wasn't linked to that address after all. BUT a hacker did try to compromise the account tied to that email in the past, and that's what leads me to believe why two accounts (work or school/personal) got created under
    that email. I know this because that's the email/account i ran the recovery form on, and i had forgotten all about it, and it brought back old memories of frustration seeing that hacker's gamertag on my old account.
Thema:

1. Bought game on Work/School account, can't link to personal account. - Similar Threads - Bought game School

2. I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?: I bought the cheap game pass and connected ea account but when I click install on madden NFL 24 I have to buy the game c05bb11f-b24f-478b-8b1c-14cc700461fe
  3. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  4. bought logitech cloud. xbox cloud games all lag unless i pay more for something that i have...

in XboX Insiders
    bought logitech cloud. xbox cloud games all lag unless i pay more for something that i have...: bought the best cloud there is added another 1TB just because. both pc and xbox one most expensive packages. i have steam and omen too but Xbox cloud is the only one where it seems no cloud game...
  5. When I bought a game it gave me points right??? But after I got them it game me some...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I bought a game it gave me points right??? But after I got them it game me some...: It told me it was a gift card but it was sweepstakes that was never even used 9a9d55c6-6c6e-4562-a500-d1dc5b0bc2b5
  6. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  7. Free online for games bought in Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Free online for games bought in Microsoft store: Multiplayer, in some games, is about 30 to 50% of the content and besides the game itself, you have to pay for the subscription in order to get the online access. In my opinion, it's not a really...
  8. Play games bought in the uk and play them in the US

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play games bought in the uk and play them in the US: Can you play your games you bought from the uk and play them in the USA digital games? 9ccf7824-d860-49d3-b8bb-d3232d0fb377
  9. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  10. I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The...: I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The next day when I play it again it loads up to 75% and completely exits the game. What should I do? Help!!...