Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal?

Discus and support Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought this Xbox series S about a year ago. I use it casually, not a hardcore gamer by any means. Suddenly tonight the controller stops working. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jager Fett1555, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal?

I bought this Xbox series S about a year ago. I use it casually, not a hardcore gamer by any means. Suddenly tonight the controller stops working. I can use it to turn on the xbox and that is all. Can't update anything without the controller, can't update the controller if it doesn't connect. So, is this normal that your products break after a year? Am I really expected to spend more money on your hot garbage if it's just going to break in another year? I never had these issues with Playstation. I am extremely disappointed and a very unhappy customer that will be cancelling my game pass membership over this.

:)

Jager Fett1555, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal?

3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, unfortunately in your case as you have a MAC you will only have the option to do the firmware update by console.

If you wanted to do a firmware reversal it will have to be for a Windows PC.

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can connect your phone to the console via the Xbox app and use an onscreen touch controller for dashboard functions including controller updates.
  5. Jager Fett1555 Win User

Hello,

I have tried plugging it in with a USB, tried a hard reset as well but nothing works. If you can explain how I would update the firmware via the xbox without using a controller to access those menu options would be greatly appreciated. I use a Mac computer because they are far superior to anything Bill Gates has made ever. However in typical Gates fashion Xbox and Mac don't seem to get along, so I am curious to how I can get this update done?
  6. Jeff_698 Win User

Controller Not Being Detected By Edge Broswer

Hi. The controller I have is "PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox Series X|S". There is a section for PowerA in verified controllers. It use to work for me just fine for over a year. I am not sure why suddenly it is not working. Any ideas?
Thema:

1. Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal? - Similar Threads - Bought Series ago

2. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  3. I bought headphones off the Xbox series x and they’re still pending after I bought them...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought headphones off the Xbox series x and they’re still pending after I bought them...: Why is when I bought my headphones Friday it still says pending and it’s Sunday almost Monday and it hasn’t moved and the order said It’ll be shipped by Monday 2a31453c-6be7-4e80-8a8c-d2a354ddea33
  4. Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...: Xbox dev mode activations error c52f5548-aa27-47c1-947a-7b269c339945
  5. bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...: I can hear the sounds on the Xbox screen but can’t see them. cefced86-dea6-473f-946a-8e414487ecdb
  6. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  7. Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded....: Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded. I do not see any section in settings or in account ghat says "included with my xbox"...
  8. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  9. I bought the entire FNAF series about a year ago and recently they got deleted from my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the entire FNAF series about a year ago and recently they got deleted from my...: I bought the entire FNAF series about a year ago and recently they got deleted from my games and apps and now say I haven't purchased them. I hope someone can help me....
  10. Why won’t my Black Ops 2 that I bought on my Xbox one YEARS AGO work on my Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Black Ops 2 that I bought on my Xbox one YEARS AGO work on my Series S?: I bought Black Ops 2 years ago on my Xbox One, and when I upgraded systems I wanted to play BO2 on it but when I click on the game it says I don’t own it. It’s $15 right now, so if I really have...