Bought a movie and won't play

Discus and support Bought a movie and won't play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Having problems with Xbox one movies app. Bought a movie today. "DCU: batman and Harley Quinn" Now, it's saying coming soon, but it came out in 2017... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by maddphotos124, Jan 28, 2018.

  1. Bought a movie and won't play


    Having problems with Xbox one movies app. Bought a movie today. "DCU: batman and Harley Quinn" Now, it's saying coming soon, but it came out in 2017 and we just bought it today January 28th 2018. It's saying "play trailer" or "delete" I don't want to do
    either, I want to watch the movie I paid full for. I've tried many online threads talking about similar problems, but with no prevail. Please help or give me back my money because this is scamish behavior. Thank you.

    :)
     
    maddphotos124, Jan 28, 2018
    #1
  2. BurntRice111
    BurntRice111 Guest
    0xc10100b2

    Bought a movie last night. It won't play. keeps coming up with this error code. Tried to search for it. it won't come up anywhere
     
    BurntRice111, Jan 28, 2018
    #2
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    movies won't play

    Are you receiving this error while signed into the account that originally purchased the content? If you are not, please be sure that profile is signed-in so you can view that content. If you are signed into the appropriate account, let's give these steps
    a shot, please be sure to let us know how it goes!

    - Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One until the console fully powers down.

    - Remove power from the back of the Xbox One console and let it sit for 5 minutes.

    - Once 5 minutes have passed, plug everything back in and power back on.

    Post back and let us know how it goes!
     
    Mister Beep, Jan 28, 2018
    #3
  4. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest

    Bought a movie and won't play

    Hi,

    It appears that the issue is specifically with Xbox one movies app. We could try to reset Windows Store to clear store cache, here are steps below:

    1. Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.



    2. Click on Command prompt (Admin).



    3. Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.



    4. Restart your computer and reinstall the games.



    Let us know how it turns out.
     
    Jomari Arc, Jan 29, 2018
    #4
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

    Bought a movie and won't play

    Hi,

    It appears that the issue is specifically with Xbox one movies app. We could try to reset Windows Store to clear store cache, here are steps below:

    1. Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.



    2. Click on Command prompt (Admin).



    3. Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.



    4. Restart your computer and reinstall the games.



    Let us know how it turns out.
  6. alchemy419 Win User

    Movie won't play

    I am having the same problem. The movie does not play when I press play movie. It starts to load on the app and then shuts off my screen and goes back to the app when it asks me to play or restart movie. Should I delete the movie? And start again? Will it charge me?
  7. Mister Beep Win User

    movies won't play

    Are you receiving this error while signed into the account that originally purchased the content? If you are not, please be sure that profile is signed-in so you can view that content. If you are signed into the appropriate account, let's give these steps
    a shot, please be sure to let us know how it goes!

    - Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One until the console fully powers down.

    - Remove power from the back of the Xbox One console and let it sit for 5 minutes.

    - Once 5 minutes have passed, plug everything back in and power back on.

    Post back and let us know how it goes!
  8. Francia J. Win User

    Movie won't play

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

    Just a friendly reminder though that for refund concerns there is a dedicated team that handles them which is the refund team. To help you, I would recommend replying to the decision email that was sent by them.
  9. SUBRON14 Win User

    I CAN'T PLAY ANY OF MY GAMES !!!

    It won't even play movies, is it a virus?
Thema:

Bought a movie and won't play

Loading...
  1. Bought a movie and won't play - Similar Threads - Bought movie won't

  2. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Please help. Just bought my first Xbox and I’m having trouble

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help. Just bought my first Xbox and I’m having trouble: Hey guys and girls. I need some help, I have just bought a Xbox series X and I purchased modern warfare 2019 on it from the online store. The game downloads, I download the packs. And when I try...
  5. I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...

    in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...: I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere app and it only shows a couple movies (not all) and no yugioh? Any help?...
  6. I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...

    in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...: I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing but its british. How can I change this back? fa50eb90-64f7-427b-968e-b84378f19980
  7. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  8. I bought a movie through Xbox, how do I watch it on my phone or tablet?

    in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie through Xbox, how do I watch it on my phone or tablet?: As the title says, I bought a movie through the Xbox store. I'm connected through movies anywhere (Xbox movies and TV), but it won't show up on my phone or my tablet. The only way I can watch it...
  9. Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...: No other movies purchased show Dolby Atmos availability either. Sent from Australia. a7fa4951-f217-4555-97bd-e41affa74ab8
  10. Bought a movie and i watched ut and now it’s gone

    in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie and i watched ut and now it’s gone: Bought a movie and I watched it then the next day it says buy it again d546a798-b184-4b20-8bb6-a3ca2174dd37