Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

Discus and support Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by D'Nico, May 20, 2024.

1. D'Nico
    D'Nico Guest

Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was fine. But it's still not redeemable. I've tried to refund but there was no option to because gifts aren't in the refund section. What should I do?

:)

D'Nico, May 20, 2024
  2. iamnotcodey Win User

Request a refund !

I just bought a redeem code and can't activate it now and I want a refund.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Moderator removed last post

He bought codes from a shaddy site (can't be mentioned as a violation of the rules . ) and he wants a refund

Prepaid codes are final.

You can't refund them once redeemed
  4. ngocphi Win User

Gifted 2 games and want a refund

You can't because you gifted them and he redeemed them

Redeemed codes aren't refundable.

Only codes that aren't or can't be used

This includes gift xards and no they aren't transferable

The played rule only applies to games you bought and played

But since its a gift the redeemed rule applies
  5. Georges C. Win User

I gifted my friend the wrong version of a game.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Nathan, You can request a refund for the game you bought as a gift for your friend, however in order for you to be eligible for a refund, the game must not have been redeemed by your friend.

Refund

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/forms/request-a-...
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Can't redeem code

My friend send me a gift card but i can't redeem it.

it say "This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account."
    how do you redeem the code from my friend that live in different region.
    You cant. Your friend will have to request a refund for the code and purchase a code for you that is meant for your region.
Thema:

1. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded - Similar Threads - Bought game friend

2. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  3. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  4. Hey I live in the US and I bought a game from the xbox store for a friend in El Salvador...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I live in the US and I bought a game from the xbox store for a friend in El Salvador...: Wanted to know if he can claim a gift code if he is in another country cbff7088-741e-4eb9-9815-f6deb5cd7b11
  5. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  6. Bought a game for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game for a friend.: I bought a friend a copy of Monster Hunter World, but he hasn’t received an email or code redemption option in messages. Is there something else I need to do or did I get robbed??...
  7. I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...: It was telling the friend of mine whose code didn't work that the code was damaged repeatedly. And we don't know why that is. 53279453-dd42-4c77-bc7b-4a7ebe0ba896
  8. NEED HELP ASAP. Bought a game for a friend (digital)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NEED HELP ASAP. Bought a game for a friend (digital): NEED HELP: I bought a game on MY Xbox (on friends account) and then he logged on and installed it (Cold War cross gen bundle) and tried opening it and it tells him he needs to purchase it… what’s...
  9. Can you play human fall flat on console with your friend on pc that bought the game from steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play human fall flat on console with your friend on pc that bought the game from steam?: I want to know if we can play,my friend want to buy it from steam we will be able to play? 15d0cd9d-026f-48ec-8b0d-50e41213bba9
  10. My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game: A friend bought me a $25 Xbox gift card and I do not know how to apply it to my Roblox game can somebody answer that for me we can c2ee80c3-b4dd-4cf4-8bc4-1349ec228f95