Both Wired Controllers are Player 1

Discus and support Both Wired Controllers are Player 1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two wired controllers and two wireless controllers. The problem that arises is the two wired controllers always select the same player making... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DistantTripod79, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Both Wired Controllers are Player 1

I have two wired controllers and two wireless controllers. The problem that arises is the two wired controllers always select the same player making one of them unusable. I tried using all the different USB ports but the problem always persisted.
    Even after restarting the system. The wireless controllers do no have this issue.

This issue appears elsewhere in the forums, but I don't see any solutions.

This guy posted a video of a similar problem.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/f/7/t/318715.aspx This thread discusses the same problem.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/f/7/t/15071.aspx And this one.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/7/t/386273.aspx And this one.

Is there any solution to this short of returning the wired controllers and trying again with new ones? They are Xbox branded controllers.

:)

DistantTripod79, Dec 26, 2015
  2. kornpopps
    kornpopps Guest

i would suggest contacting the xbox live support team on twitter or you can call them using the xbox live phone number if the problem is still happening

kornpopps, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Tartutek
    Tartutek Guest

Okay tried deleting the update and updating again no change. What should my next course of action be?

Tartutek, Dec 26, 2015
  4. bigjuju88
    bigjuju88 Guest

DistantTripod79 - I've got the same problem as well and have posted to the forums here:

forums.xbox.com/.../2091824.aspx

In that thread I detailed my ineffective troubleshooting steps.

I've also seen another recent thread about the issue here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../2096384.aspx

Since I've now seen so many threads on this issue I'd go ahead and call it "common" at this point.

Hopefully Microsoft will help us resolve it.

bigjuju88, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Theriatis Win User

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem : two wired black controllers on my slim xbox 360 and they both show up as player 1 (the second wired works, the first one is blocked)

home.nordnet.fr/.../xbox360.jpg

Did you find a way to fix it, please ? :(

xbox support have no idea. :(
  6. Tartutek Win User

I have tried "tricking" the system before by using my wireless controllers. What I did was turned on both wireless controllers which came on as 1 and 2 . Then plugging in a wired controller for player 3. Then turning off the player 1 wireless controller
    and plugging in the second wired controller which I thought would star up as player 1, but it went to player 3 as well.

I will try what you are suggesting and report back it that works.
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

What happens if you disconnect the wired controllers, power the console with a wireless controller, plug in one of the wired controllers, then the second wireless controller and finally the second wired controller. I'm not saying that will fix it mind, just
    curious.

-

If that does nothing for you, you could try deleting and re updating your console software just in case there was a glitch when you last updated.

-

Go to the storage section on your console and select your storage device, press LB, press RB, press X, press LB,press RB, press X

-

You will be asked to confirm deletion of the the latest system update, confirm the action and your console will reboot and you will be asked to update again.
  8. Tartutek Win User

None of these steps helped. Is there any place in settings to resync wired controllers? Everything is Microsoft brand I'm not using third party hardware. Does plugin in two wired controllers usually work right out of the box?
  9. Ptrowski Win User

Thema:

1. Both Wired Controllers are Player 1 - Similar Threads - Both Wired Controllers

2. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  3. Partner Center: I have two apps, I want to interchange their names. Both of them are published

in XBoX on Windows
    Partner Center: I have two apps, I want to interchange their names. Both of them are published: Hi I have App 1 which was named as AppA. I changed it to APP HD. Even after publishing with new app name, the old name shows as Currently In Use. I want to delete this old name from App 1 and use...
  4. One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?: So this is something that’s given me issues in the past and I’ve been having troubles with it now that I’ve upgraded to an Xbox Series X. On my Xbox One, I had 2 profiles under the same email and...
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?: Hi, so recently me and a couple of my friends just played Xbox on cloud gaming on Chromebooks and I was wondering, I just recently reset my password. Will this log me out of both All of my devices...
  7. Can see both mine craft capes in my Microsoft order history but not in my actual account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can see both mine craft capes in my Microsoft order history but not in my actual account.: Hello, following the recent drop of two capes given out via Tik Tok and twitch for Minecraft, I attempted to get these myself too but upon activating the code through Minecrafts website, it...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle: I'm still not seeing a solution to this. I just switched over to PC. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox Dongle so that I could use my Xbox Wireless Controller and Wireless Heaset without having to use...
  9. How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...: First off, when I use the joycons in game, the left joystick doesn't work. The wired controller works fine But when I try to play a two player game like it takes two with both devices connected,...
  10. Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless): Anybody else have this problem? It's just in apps, audio works fine in games. submitted by /u/serialkillerx87 [link] [comments]