Borderless windowed problems

Discus and support Borderless windowed problems in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a problem since I last updated win 11 (even tried to do a clean install, but the problem came back with an update...), when I'm playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sinalor, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Sinalor
    Sinalor Guest

Hi,

I've got a problem since I last updated win 11 (even tried to do a clean install, but the problem came back with an update...), when I'm playing in borderless, the taskbar and desktop are showing for a split second, and it happens quite regularly (every 5 secs), making games unplayable.

Here are videos showing the problem: https://streamable.com/1ycie3 and https://streamable.com/4z7b1v . On the second video you can see that if i'm playing a windowed game, windows thinks that I am closing and reopening the program everytime I click.

The problem wasn't here before I reinstalled and when I reinstalled. It only came when windows 11 updated. Tried to clean install twice, same problem. It's not hardware nor screen related as I didn't have that problem before.

All my drivers are up to date, no overlays in background, even when booting in safe mode it is here. I don't get what's happening,

Does anyone know a fix for it? As I did a clean reinstall, I can't revert the windows update, unfortunately. I don't know what to do, I literally can't play games. The only workaround I found was to play in windows 8 compatibility mode, making DX12 unusable.

Thanks a lot.

:)

Sinalor, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Travis H_90 Win User

I just wanted to add that I am having what seems like the same issue - any program in borderless window mode will briefly flicker and show the desktop (or an underlying program window) when I rapidly click on the program - it also shows the normal window pane for a very short period (i.e. title bar, minimize/expand/close buttons, border, etc.). This is reproduced 100% of the time I launch a program in borderless window and click a few times - but if I am in Fullscreen Exclusive or change the program to a borderless window while it is running, everything functions as intended and the window doesn't repeatedly drop focus. Hoping there's a fix in the future.
  3. Sinalor Win User

Already tried that, didn't work.

I opted into insiders, the update fixed it but well, it's unstable... Don't know what to do, definitely is a windows problem
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

as a test disable vrr in the graphics section on windows settings (if you are using gsync or freesync), if that does not work disable vsync in nvidia settings for this game and enable in game, let me know if it works or not.

[​IMG]
  5. Tethgar98 Win User

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm starting to have this issue since last week, been trying to fix it. So far the only way I've been able to mitigate the issue is by going full screen then back to borderless window, but obviously this is highly inconvenient to do every time I launch a game. Tried downgrading Nvidia drivers, disabling Discord/Steam/Geforce overlays to no avail. Microsoft, please fix.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Computer freezing when I alt tab or click on second monitor.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

If the game is in borderless window mode the problem doesn't happen?
Thema:

1. Borderless windowed problems - Similar Threads - Borderless windowed problems

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  5. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  6. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  9. Pc Minimizes all forms of games and if borderless puts mouse over games randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Minimizes all forms of games and if borderless puts mouse over games randomly: So ive downloaded process explorer to look at everything but i do not understand any of it and was hoping someone could make sense of it all as this is my last ditch effort before i have to...
  10. Extremly low fps in games during fullscreen and borderless

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremly low fps in games during fullscreen and borderless: Since about a week I can't play any "newer" games in fullscreen mode anymore. As soon as I switch to Fullscreen my fps drop to <10. Everything worked before. Windows 11 installation is about 1...