Borderlands 3 keeps freezing

Discus and support Borderlands 3 keeps freezing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So upon pressing A to log in at the title screen, the game freezes. It doesn’t crash, just freezes. I’ve tried restarting the game, resetting the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chris Boyette, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Borderlands 3 keeps freezing

So upon pressing A to log in at the title screen, the game freezes. It doesn’t crash, just freezes. I’ve tried restarting the game, resetting the console, hard restarting the console, reinstalling the game, and all have proven unsuccessful. It’s as if my profile is too big to load. **** do I do?

:)

Chris Boyette, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi Chris, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Is this the only game that is having this issue? Kindly go to your Xbox Settings. Select Network Settings > Advanced Settings. Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address> select Clear. Allow the console to restart when prompted then try to launch the game again.

If that did not work, try changing your DNS. Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings > manual

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

then check again.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Chris! I appreciate you trying the steps. Have you tried connecting your console to a different network to play this game? I am afraid you've already performed all possible steps so if this is the only game that won't work: https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-09-18-b..., I suggest you also check with 2K for further steps. You can contact them here:

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Cheeki Breeki Damke Win User

I’ve had this exact same problem since late 2021, I’m still trying to figure it out but you can play offline but when you connect back to the internet it freezes, it has something to do with the gearbox network
  5. Chris Boyette Win User

This is the only game that this happens. Unfortunately what you suggested doesn’t work.
  6. N00B RISING Win User

Borderlands 2 keeps freezing?

So many players with this problem, is anyone out their who have answered by gearbox support? Iam waiting for one week now. F..k off the badass bug, this freezing issue makes me more than angry. I have not fear to lost any rang, but i cant play this game
    since two weeks, gearbox hands on, thats badass

;-)
Thema:

1. Borderlands 3 keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Borderlands keeps freezing

2. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  3. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  4. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  5. Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!: So I have been experiencing the same issue spoken of in this discussion, which was about 3y ago, so it seems it has still not been fixed! I’ll try the suggested fixes & report back…...
  6. Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother: So I bought the first Borderlands game on the Microsoft store for Xbox 360 on my series X and its nowhere to be found on the Microsoft store for my brother, only all the other games. Why is this?...
  7. How do I fix borderlands 2 handsome jack collection multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix borderlands 2 handsome jack collection multiplayer: Hi, whenever me and friends try and play the xbox one version or borderlands 2 online it simply does not work. It says connection issues when I have no connection issues at all present. I'm quite...
  8. Borderlands 3 game crash caused me to lose most of my gear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 game crash caused me to lose most of my gear: Is there any way I could get my gear back maybe by reverting the save I was doing some inventory management on my max level and I had all the gear I wanted to keep except what I had equipped then...
  9. Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.: Just bought an Xbox One and began downloading compatible Xbox 360 games. I ran into a problem with Borderlands for the Xbox 360. I have the GotY Edition (2 disc version). For some reason the...
  10. Why do I keep losing my bad *** points on Borderland 2 when I play online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep losing my bad *** points on Borderland 2 when I play online?: Does anyone know why when I get at least 30,000 bad *** points and I decide to play online with some friends, I lose half of my points? This has happened to me three times at least. Does anyone...