Borderlands 2 keeps saying I'm not connected to xbox live

Discus and support Borderlands 2 keeps saying I'm not connected to xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep trying to play Borderlands 2 but the game keeps telling me that I'm not connected to xbox live even though I am. My bf and I share the xbox and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DamnnnGinaaa, Jun 1, 2017.

1. DamnnnGinaaa
    DamnnnGinaaa Guest

I keep trying to play Borderlands 2 but the game keeps telling me that I'm not connected to xbox live even though I am. My bf and I share the xbox and it shows that he's signed in when he tries to play, but when I try it tells me I'm not connected. I've
    tried removing my profile and redownloading it, and unplugging the xbox and restarting it and nothing is working.

:)

DamnnnGinaaa, Jun 1, 2017
  2. OOGABOOGADAY
    OOGABOOGADAY Guest
    Halo: Reach matchmaking connection issues

So it's been a while since I've gotten on Borderlands 2 keeps saying I'm not connected to xbox live :(. But I've been having xbox live issues with Reaches matchmaking servers. It keeps saying I'm not connected to Xbox Live although I have a subscription for Xbox live. So, any ideas to fix..?

OOGABOOGADAY, Jun 1, 2017
  3. D1RTY GL0CK
    D1RTY GL0CK Guest
    Downloading Borderlands on Xbone.

Just bought Borderlands: The handsome edition and borderlands 2 is stuck at 75% and keeps saying "download stopped"...

D1RTY GL0CK, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there Gina!

What is the exact error message you get when you try to play? Do you own the game on your account?

More information will help us out. Borderlands 2 keeps saying I'm not connected to xbox live :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Jun 2, 2017
  5. DamnnnGinaaa
    DamnnnGinaaa Guest
    I sign into xbox live, then I try to open the game and while it's loading it says "disconnected from xbox live" then when it says press start, I press start and it says "you are not signed into a gamer profile" and won't load my character and shows that
    I'm offline. My boyfriend doesn't have this problem at all, he can sign into his profile and play the game it no problems. This has been happening since I changed my gamertag.

DamnnnGinaaa, Jun 4, 2017
  6. DamnnnGinaaa
    DamnnnGinaaa Guest
    I sign into xbox live, then I try to open the game and while it's loading it says "disconnected from xbox live" then when it says press start, I press start and it says "you are not signed into a gamer profile" and won't load my character and shows that
    I'm offline. My boyfriend doesn't have this problem at all, he can sign into his profile and play the game it no problems. This has been happening since I changed my gamertag.

DamnnnGinaaa, Jun 4, 2017
  7. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Thanks for that, Gina!

Does this happen if you try to play other games or just Borderlands 2? If you haven't yet, go ahead and try a

factory reset
    of the console. (You can keep your games and apps so you won't have to reinstall everything.)

If that doesn't work, we would recommend reaching out to your local
    phone/chat support
    . They have options that are not available to us and may be able to re-issue your Xbox Live Gold subscription to be sure that your Gold isn't somehow corrupted.

Good luck!

Xbox Forums Staff

Miss Bijoux, Nov 1, 2018
  8. DamnnnGinaaa Win User

9. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there Gina!

What is the exact error message you get when you try to play? Do you own the game on your account?

More information will help us out. :)

Xbox Forums Staff

10. DamnnnGinaaa Win User

11. Miss Bijoux Win User

Thanks for that, Gina!

Does this happen if you try to play other games or just Borderlands 2? If you haven't yet, go ahead and try a

factory reset
    of the console. (You can keep your games and apps so you won't have to reinstall everything.)

If that doesn't work, we would recommend reaching out to your local
    phone/chat support
    . They have options that are not available to us and may be able to re-issue your Xbox Live Gold subscription to be sure that your Gold isn't somehow corrupted.

Good luck!

Xbox Forums Staff

12. fester003 Win User

Shift Code Redeem

cant even do that on xbox for borderlands 2 says cant connect to shift help would be nice but no one has
Thema:

1. Borderlands 2 keeps saying I'm not connected to xbox live - Similar Threads - Borderlands keeps saying

2. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  3. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  4. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  5. Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!: So I have been experiencing the same issue spoken of in this discussion, which was about 3y ago, so it seems it has still not been fixed! I’ll try the suggested fixes & report back…...
  6. Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother: So I bought the first Borderlands game on the Microsoft store for Xbox 360 on my series X and its nowhere to be found on the Microsoft store for my brother, only all the other games. Why is this?...
  7. How do I fix borderlands 2 handsome jack collection multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix borderlands 2 handsome jack collection multiplayer: Hi, whenever me and friends try and play the xbox one version or borderlands 2 online it simply does not work. It says connection issues when I have no connection issues at all present. I'm quite...
  8. Borderlands 3 game crash caused me to lose most of my gear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 game crash caused me to lose most of my gear: Is there any way I could get my gear back maybe by reverting the save I was doing some inventory management on my max level and I had all the gear I wanted to keep except what I had equipped then...
  9. Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.: Just bought an Xbox One and began downloading compatible Xbox 360 games. I ran into a problem with Borderlands for the Xbox 360. I have the GotY Edition (2 disc version). For some reason the...
  10. Why do I keep losing my bad *** points on Borderland 2 when I play online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep losing my bad *** points on Borderland 2 when I play online?: Does anyone know why when I get at least 30,000 bad *** points and I decide to play online with some friends, I lose half of my points? This has happened to me three times at least. Does anyone...