Bonfire Ascetic not working?

Discus and support Bonfire Ascetic not working? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the bonfire ascetic in The Lost Basille but every time I try to burn it I get a message saying "First, defeat The Lord of this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by makidigital, Mar 26, 2014.

  1. makidigital
    makidigital Guest

    Bonfire Ascetic not working?


    I'm trying to use the bonfire ascetic in The Lost Basille but every time I try to burn it I get a message saying "First, defeat The Lord of this quarter.." I killed the Flexile Sentry and Belfry Gargoyles too. I don't think there are any other bosses connected
    to this place. Anyone got this to work yet? A bug maybe?

    :)
     
    makidigital, Mar 26, 2014
    #1
  2. METALI0N
    METALI0N Guest
    Infinite twinkling titanite.

    Go to the bonfire next to the memory that has the giant lord in it. Go into the memory and get the bonfire ascetic, use the feather or homeward bone or spell to get back to the last bonfire visited. Next drop off the ledge just infront of the memory there
    is a body with 2 twinkling titanite hanging off a wooden ledge collect the titanite warp back to the bonfire then enter the memory. Kill the giant lord when hes dead use the bonfire ascetic in this area and repeat everything again the twinkling titanite is
    back and so is the giant lord so you gain a massive amount of souls and the titanite every time you do this.
     
    METALI0N, Mar 26, 2014
    #2
  3. SOB Buliwyf
    SOB Buliwyf Guest
    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

    Thx a lot. I was thinking you could ascetic all the bonfires to get all the items, and just stay in NG with an outragously high level, but I can kinda forsee you whould quickly run into a problem with youre soul-memory becomming too high to find anyone to
    summon. what do you think R3dPO1nt? Better to just go strait to NG+, or be very selective about the items you pick up, and the bonfires you ascetic? I should probable Consult the Wiki-guide to make sure I picked up the right items, and awoided that my SM goes
    up too much
     
    SOB Buliwyf, Mar 26, 2014
    #3
  4. R3d P01nt
    R3d P01nt Guest

    Bonfire Ascetic not working?

    Which bonfire are you trying to burn it at? Which boss and area are you trying to up to NG+? If it's the gargoyles, you need to burn it at the bonfire after fighting them. If it's the Ruin Sentinals (Flexile Sentry is the boss for No Man's Wharf, not
    Lost Bastille) then you probably have to burn it at one of the bonfire leading up to the boss. If you're trying to burn it at Servant's Quarters, you may have to kill the Lost Sinner first, since he's the next boss after that bonfire.

    Check this page:
    http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Bonfire+Ascetic#.UzQBGPldUk0


    The wiki indicates that Ruin Sentinals is McDuff's bonfire. I don't know if either of the other 2 would work as well.
     
    R3d P01nt, Mar 27, 2014
    #4
  5. R3d P01nt Win User

    Bonfire Ascetic not working?

    Which bonfire are you trying to burn it at? Which boss and area are you trying to up to NG+? If it's the gargoyles, you need to burn it at the bonfire after fighting them. If it's the Ruin Sentinals (Flexile Sentry is the boss for No Man's Wharf, not
    Lost Bastille) then you probably have to burn it at one of the bonfire leading up to the boss. If you're trying to burn it at Servant's Quarters, you may have to kill the Lost Sinner first, since he's the next boss after that bonfire.

    Check this page:
    http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Bonfire+Ascetic#.UzQBGPldUk0


    The wiki indicates that Ruin Sentinals is McDuff's bonfire. I don't know if either of the other 2 would work as well.
  6. R3d P01nt Win User

    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

    Really, the only use for them is to obtain items from the next new game cycle without going into the next new game cycle. For instance, if you're playing a pyromancer build, using an ascetic in the Saltfort to kill the Last Sinner is beneficial, because
    it allows you to get the soul item you need to trade with Straid for Flame Weapon (and the red phantoms won't spawn if you use ascetics). Or, if you're trying to farm an item that doesn't drop, you can ascetic the area and get more opportunities to farm that
    item. There's actually a technique you can do to farm awestones that allows you to get the Vanquisher's Seal with 4 ascetics and only killing a few bosses.

    The cons are that it puts that bonfire and the enemies/boss at the next NG cycle of difficulty. When you go into your next NG cycle, all the bonfires will increase difficulty by one, including the ones that you've used an ascetic on. For instance, if you
    take the bonfire intensity of the Saltfort up to 2 in order to get Flame Weapon, when you go into NG+ and all the other bonfires are at intensity 2, the Saltfort bonfire will go to intensity 3.
  7. R3d P01nt Win User

    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

    You need to kill Freja in NG+ (or beyond) to get the soul required for both crystal soul spear and the moonlight greatsword. So, if you want both, you'll need to ascetic her bonfire twice.

    I think you can open up access to NG++ spells and items sold be Chancellor Wellager, although I'm not sure which bonfire to use for that.

    There's the Vanquisher's Seal trick (use of 4 ascetics in the first bonfire of the Grave of Saints allows you to farm 48 awestones).

    If you want to farm ore, there are various spots you could do that depending on what type you need. But, really, the best way to do that is to just beat Nashandra and then buy a bunch from the woman who sells it in Majula, unless you need twinkling. In
    that case, you could try using an ascetic in Dragon Aerie.
  8. SOB Buliwyf Win User

    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

    Thx a lot. I was thinking you could ascetic all the bonfires to get all the items, and just stay in NG with an outragously high level, but I can kinda forsee you whould quickly run into a problem with youre soul-memory becomming too high to find anyone to
    summon. what do you think R3dPO1nt? Better to just go strait to NG+, or be very selective about the items you pick up, and the bonfires you ascetic? I should probable Consult the Wiki-guide to make sure I picked up the right items, and awoided that my SM goes
    up too much
  9. PIRATE DUCK Win User

    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

    The dragons in that part are stupid easy to kill if you have a bow and poison arrows. The only one I've ever had trouble with is the second dragon in the rotundra area, but then I found out if you stay close and melee he hardly ever breathes fire at you.
    I think I've farmed that area 4 times. You can also farm the giant lord for souls, but I wouldn't recommend that unless the character you're using isn't going to be used online.
Thema:

Bonfire Ascetic not working?

Loading...
  1. Bonfire Ascetic not working? - Similar Threads - Bonfire Ascetic working

  2. Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work: Hi everyone, I need some help with my Xbox One X. My console was previously enrolled in the Xbox Insider/Preview program. I formatted the original internal HDD, and now the console is stuck in the...
  3. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  4. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  7. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  8. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  9. CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media

    in XboX Insiders
    CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media: I went through all of my Xbox One games to see which of them worked. The first game I tried was CoD WWII cause that’s my go to daily CoD game has been for a while, so I updated my Xbox since I was...
  10. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]