Blue Yeti microphone wont work with windows 11 Xbox app party chat

Discus and support Blue Yeti microphone wont work with windows 11 Xbox app party chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My blue yeti microphone worked with windows 10, but not that I am on windows 11, my blue yeti will not work in the xbox app party chat. The microphone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElxDIABL0, Sep 23, 2022.

1. ElxDIABL0
    ElxDIABL0 Guest

My blue yeti microphone worked with windows 10, but not that I am on windows 11, my blue yeti will not work in the xbox app party chat.

The microphone works flawlessly in every other application. I have went to all the settings locations and verified the input is my microphone. I have tried resetting the apps, clearing cache, repairing, checking all microphone permissions in windows, messing around with the format quality settings. Whats odd is my voice will highlight in chat when changing the audio format for my recording device for the blue yeti. I think it has to be a glitch with the audio format causing it to not register. Also when looking at the audio settings in the xbox app, you can see your mic volume and activity. I can see my voice creating activity, so the xbox app is seeing and working with the microphone, but xbox party chat doesnt work at all for my voice. Ive tried using push to talk. I think i have reinstall everything I could possibly reinstall. I work IT and am pretty good at troubleshooting most things involving a computer. I cant find any answers or anyone else who shares my problem. I am about to give up and just use another microphone (other microphones work fine).

:)

ElxDIABL0, Sep 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ELXDIABL0

You tried a lot of things (in my opinion it seems that you covered everything)
    Exists the possibility that the current driver for your microphone is not fully compatible with windows 11 yet.
    You may need to reach the manufacturer and let them know this.

But we can try other things to cover everything from your side.

A. Double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

B. Try reinstalling the game bar via powershell command?
    Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

C. Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

Hello Wolfslair321,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Blue Yeti microphone in Xbox app parties. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Make sure that your Blue Yeti microphone is set as the default recording device in Windows. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar, selecting "Sounds", and then going to the "Recording" tab. You may also reset your microphone sound format to default.

2. Check if your microphone is muted in the Xbox app. You can do this by clicking on the microphone icon in the party chat window.

3. Try resetting the Xbox app/Xbox game bar. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Apps" > "Apps & features", look for both app, and then clicking on "Advanced options". From there, click on "Reset".

4. If none of the above steps work, let us isolate the issue, whether it is related to the microphone compatibility or the app issue. Please let us the details below:

• If you were to connect a different mic or headset with mic will Xbox Game bar detects and enable mic?

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Cameron Stephens1 Win User

Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all

When GPU utilization approaches 100% the blue yeti microphone starts having problems.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Set up Blue Snowball Mic for Twitch Stream Chat and Ingame Chat Xbox One S

I think the Blue microphones are all USB microphones, so I'm not sure you'd be able to use it for stream chat on your PC and game chat on your Xbox console at the same time. It's probably possible if you use the Xbox app on your PC for party chat though.
  6. Cameron Stephens1 Win User

Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all

After investigating further via the audio playback tool in the sound control panel. the problem is my blue Yeti Microphone. using a different microphone the problem completely disappeared.

But I'd really like to use my Blue Yeti Microphone as the quality is simply better. if you would know, Is there why in some game scenarios specifically games that are more demanding why a microphone's quality would drop or suddenly cut out?
Thema:

1. Blue Yeti microphone wont work with windows 11 Xbox app party chat - Similar Threads - Blue Yeti microphone

2. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  3. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  4. Blue Yeti mic on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue Yeti mic on Xbox Series X?: I was wondering if there is a way to use a Blue Yeti mic (99$ one) on the Xbox Series X? I haven't bought it yet, want to make sure it works on Xbox before I buy it....
  5. Blue Yeti Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue Yeti Mic: Can I plug in a Blue Yeti Mic in a USB port on the Xbox Series X and it recognizing it and be able to use it? 9e3db9d5-6ad7-4186-a18f-e9b454663d8e
  6. Blue yeti compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue yeti compatibility: I was wondering if the blue yeti mic works on the Xbox series x? 0c53a11f-b17e-4cc4-bcb2-76591de15307
  7. Connecting Astro A50’s and blue yeti mic to Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting Astro A50’s and blue yeti mic to Xbox one s: wondering if there is a way in order to connect my astro a50 headset and blue yeti mic to my xbox in order to use my blue yeti mic as my primary mic, my headphones have no auxcord so auxcord...
  8. Blue Yeti not working with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Yeti not working with Xbox Game Bar: Hello all. I'm frustrated trying to get Xbox game bar to detect my voice through a Blue Yeti. Here is what I've tried: Blue Yeti works with Discord AND Xbox Console Companion. My other mic works...
  9. Can I use any USB or 3.5.mm input Microphone (Blue Yeti, Razer Seiren, etc.) on my Xbox One ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use any USB or 3.5.mm input Microphone (Blue Yeti, Razer Seiren, etc.) on my Xbox One ...: I would like to use this microphone Pro Studio Condenser Microphone Recording Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand Kit 637509438586 | eBay that is really cheap on my Xbox One. Then when the One X...
  10. Can you use a Blue Yeti mic on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use a Blue Yeti mic on xbox?: i tried the splitters and conversions, and I got it to recognize my mic, but nothing comes through. a72cf02b-a51f-4fd0-85d3-f94f0c998f22