Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos?

Discus and support Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Since the latest Xbox software update, the Blu Ray Player app does not seem to support Dolby Atmos. Atmos is working fine on Dolby Access and Disney+... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AndrewTraeger, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos?

Since the latest Xbox software update, the Blu Ray Player app does not seem to support Dolby Atmos.
    Atmos is working fine on Dolby Access and Disney+ so it's not my receiver. The Blu Ray Discs I am testing were working fine with Atmos a month ago. Now they only play in Dolby Digital or TrueHD. Microsoft Support confirmed that I have the correct settings on the Xbox but they could not help any further. They suggested that the Blu Ray Player app just no longer works with the latest system update and it's not a priority for Xbox.
    Does anyone else now have this issue who used to have Dolby Atmos working?

Is Microsoft going to update this, or do I need to accept it and replace my Xbox with something else if I want to hear any of my films with Dolby Atmos again?

:)

AndrewTraeger, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Mister Beep Win User

Dolby atmos not working

Do you have a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, sound bar, or speaker system? If you do, have you changed the settings within 'Disc & Blu-ray settings' on your Xbox One to enable 'Let my receiver decode audio'? Currently Dolby Atmos is only supported within
    the Blu-ray app for Dolby Atmos compatible Blu-Ray movies.

Keep us posted!
  3. C.Palenshus Win User

How to get Dolby Atmos to play from all 11.1 speakers?

Those are my exact settings already for both the audio and the Blu-ray player.

The Blu-ray player outputs Atmos correctly.

Its only the Atmos from the Dolby Access App and the other apps that will not play through all my speakers.

Is it a bug in the Xbox software or something else with my setup?
  4. BUSA1963 Win User

Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
  5. nqstv Win User

Atmos not Working in Bluray App

I have this same problem. I'm not getting the Atmos Bitstream from UHD Blu Ray discs. Games aren't a problem and the demo videos from the Atmos App work fine, i.e. my receiver shows Dolby Atmos. But when I play a UHD Disk from the Blu Ray app, it defaults
    to Dolby TrueHD. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed this down to an issue with the Blu Ray player App. The only thing I haven't tried, which I will tonight, is to uncheck the "Let my Receiver Decode" check box. Which shouldn't fix the problem, but I'll try it
    anyway.
  6. KTM192AK Win User

Xbox One X, Dolby Atmos Not Working, Makes Distorted Crackling Sound

Update:

I have now tried a 4K Blu-ray disk and can confirm that Dolby Atmos works with it. I used the AVR Key so HDR would go to my LG OLED TV and the Dolby Atmos Sound would go to my non-HDCP2.2 Marantz SR7009 Receiver. I now believe the problem is with the Dolby
    Access App and not with the Xbox One X's operating system itself since the 4K Blu-ray would send its own Dolby Atmos track to the receiver bypassing the Dolby Access App. Where with Games and the Demo's in the Dolby Access App are using that App to process
    the Dolby Atmos signal. Thus I believe it is a problem with the Dolby Access App, but i don't know how that ties into the operating system or how the Blu-ray player app integrates with the Xbox's operating system or bypasses it because of that pass-through
    setting that lets the receiver process the Atmos Signal. Either way I have concluded there is nothing more I can do, it's definitely an issue with either the operating system or Dolby Access App having compatibility issues.
Thema:

Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos?

1. Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos? - Similar Threads - Blu Ray Player

2. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  3. Blu-ray player wouldn't install, factory reset, now nothing will

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray player wouldn't install, factory reset, now nothing will: I was trying to watch a blu-ray movie and it told me to install but just sat there at 0.0b. I factory reset my console per discussions on this thread, now it still won't install the blu-ray...
  4. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  5. Blu ray player app still not working in 2023!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu ray player app still not working in 2023!?: Why are we still having this issue in 2023.. the blu ray player app is broken. It won’t even download anymore. Can’t even watch a dvd on an Xbox. 8329b734-f716-4922-a788-b0d49b2aeb43
  6. Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues: My games work fine, but when I try to play a movie the screen shakes, but everything else seems fine with the movie just the shake of the screen. I unplugged the hdmi cord, I uninstalled the app...
  7. Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?: Its with a specific game every time [img] [img] b33ab200-d67d-42e9-912b-d90a1531cab9
  8. Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one: Okay so I recently got an xbox one and most of my games work except lego star wars iii which opens blu ray disc and says we cannot play this disc please try another one and it works fine on my...
  9. Series X blu ray player audio not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X blu ray player audio not working.: Regular DVD's play fine. 4K blu rays play fine but not one blu ray I own will play on this so called "blu ray" player app unless I plug my headset into my controller and use that. I see this...
  10. Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player Fix it! Fix It! Fix it! FIX IT! FIX IT!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player Fix it! Fix It! Fix it! FIX IT! FIX IT!: The Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player has problems! On my 4K Blu-Ray copy of 8 Mile (I got back in November I think and it was in brand new condition), it freezes, flickers or glitches then it skips...