Blu ray drive died shortly after warranty expired

Discus and support Blu ray drive died shortly after warranty expired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The blu ray drive on my Xbox One died just shortly after the warranty ended. Is there a way to successfully replace the drive myself? By the time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GaryLRoush, Mar 10, 2020.

1. GaryLRoush
    GaryLRoush Guest

The blu ray drive on my Xbox One died just shortly after the warranty ended. Is there a way to successfully replace the drive myself? By the time I ship the console to Microsoft and pay their exorbitant repair fees, I could just buy another one. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

GaryLRoush, Mar 10, 2020
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

If you are out of warranty it is ultimately your console and you can do what you want with it. This being a MS support site no one here is going to tell you how to go about doing something MS does not support you doing.
  3. MisterClever0ne Win User

that sucks! mine still running good for 3 years with no blu ray issue!
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

That is very unfortunate 😥
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

It is whole heartedly not recommended that you try to repair or replace the drive yourself. You're just as likely to cause further issues, breaking more than the drive, if you attempt self repair. What I would recommend is checking out the
    Microsoft Device Support page to see what options you have for service (replacement / repair). They still offer service for devices after warranty for a fee.
  6. GaryLRoush Win User

That’s a very good point.
Thema:

1. Blu ray drive died shortly after warranty expired - Similar Threads - Blu ray drive

2. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  3. Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.: My disc drive went out after using the Blu-ray app lastnight upon researching on tryna fix it I've come across others that have had problem with there disc drive also after using the Microsoft...
  4. Replacement Blu-ray drive xbox one-s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Blu-ray drive xbox one-s: I know my system is out of warranty so I want to replace the Blu-ray Drive that has stopped working. Most of the Blu-ray drives I see on Amazon look like they were ripped out of older systems and...
  5. Firmware update the blu Ray drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Firmware update the blu Ray drive: How to firmware update the blu Ray-drive. 23f0a858-1fe2-4961-a239-049a2a6226a1
  6. Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted: It recognizes game discs just fine. However, any Blu Ray or DVD that I insert usually gets a few burst of a sort of soft grinding noise, before it settles down and pretends like nothing has been...
  7. problem with region on blu-ray drive needs update i know there people have the same problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with region on blu-ray drive needs update i know there people have the same problem: hey i bought a movie Dragon Ball Z battle of gods when i played the disc this is what it say : the Blu-ray will play region A player only and i'm in the United States microsoft can you fix this...
  8. Another Xbox one not turning on. This one after Blu-ray drive repair.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another Xbox one not turning on. This one after Blu-ray drive repair.: It was working fine until the drive was repaired. Warranty is way past expired. The drive was fixed and all was working with the drive out. When the drive was put in place and everything...
  9. If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste

in XBoX on Consoles
    If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste: right now, every ultra HD TV has built in streaming papas like Netflix or Amazon instant video to stream 4K. Therefore, if the new Xbox One doesn't include a 4 K Blu-Ray drive, this feature will...
  10. Xbox One Blu-Ray Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Blu-Ray Drive: I recorded my daughters graduation in HD and was going to burn it to a blu-ray disc. Will the XBOX One play it? Thanks in advance 3a22d9aa-6f9e-48ea-a7a5-1e857303a513