Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them

Discus and support Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i put blade runner 2049 on Blu-ray in my xbox one s and its not displaying correctly I am missing like half the screen and its not the magnifier or my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zXdragonma5trXz, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them

i put blade runner 2049 on Blu-ray in my xbox one s and its not displaying correctly I am missing like half the screen and its not the magnifier or my aspect ratio on my tv. It plays games perfectly fine it is just Blu-ray and DVD s that are doing this?

:)

zXdragonma5trXz, Jan 30, 2018
  2. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.

John Dowding, Jan 30, 2018
  3. Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey,guys I'm having the issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put them in the blue ray player app launches and then gives me this message. " We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game, launch it from your
    games & apps instead. ( 0x91d7000)." It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine

WeepinProphet, Jan 30, 2018
  4. John Dowding Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.
  5. Undeadfire Zero Win User

bluray dvd

No Blu-Ray is a different disc reading to the standard DVD basis. Many companys have the legal right of using it like Sony. But Microsoft isn't one of them so I'm sorry it won't play Blu-Ray DVDs. They require a Blu-Ray Disc Driver.
  6. WeepinProphet Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey,guys I'm having the issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put them in the blue ray player app launches and then gives me this message. " We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game, launch it from your
    games & apps instead. ( 0x91d7000)." It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine
  7. pd730 Win User

Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs don't play

Um, the XBox One does indeed play DVDs, I have tried it testing for surround. I have not tried my LoTR Extended Blu-Rays, I will try them later to see if it affects just the DVDs or the Blu-Rays as well.
  8. MarkTarlton Win User

DVD won't play on Xbox One

I'm also seeing the same problem. Blu-Rays and other DVDs play fine but the LotR DVDs show a black screen and then a "Blu Ray player failed to start" error message. No error code was displayed. I powered the X Box 1 off and back on and no change. The
    box went through an update earlier today so it should have the latest software.
Thema:

Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them

1. Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them - Similar Threads - Blu ray DVDs

2. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  3. Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs. PLEASE HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs. PLEASE HELP!!!!: Is there an alternative {or a superior} Blu-Ray/DVD app that i can install on my Xbox One X due to the Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs? I do not own a computer so if someone...
  4. Xbox one error on all DVDs 0x91d70000. Game and Blu-ray Discs play fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one error on all DVDs 0x91d70000. Game and Blu-ray Discs play fine.: On my Xbox, I can play any game or blu-ray I try. When I insert any dvd (all us bought region one discs), I get a 0x91d70000 error. I used to be able to watch DVDs. It almost looks like my...
  5. Xbox one won’t play dvds but plays blu ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t play dvds but plays blu ray: Hello, ive recently been having some issues with two of my xbox ones. Originally i thought it was a software issue but after following every step that i was walked through it was decided that the...
  6. Problems playing dvds and blu ray dvds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems playing dvds and blu ray dvds: My Xbox Series X is having issues playing regular dvds and blu ray dvds. when I play a blu ray dvd, the audio will either cut out after a few seconds, or have no audio at all. On a regular dvd...
  7. Blu Ray app should allow all DVDs to automatically play in full 16:9 Letterbox image

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray app should allow all DVDs to automatically play in full 16:9 Letterbox image: The Blu Ray app for XBox One is excellent to play both DVDs and Blu Rays, and 4k HDR Blu Ray discs on XBox One X, the latter one I have. The problem that has been for many years and still not done...
  8. I can no longer play DVDs via blu Ray player I get the error message 0x91d7000a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer play DVDs via blu Ray player I get the error message 0x91d7000a: I've tried the tips online but I still can't play DVDs on Xbox one ? Any ideas 08d1ff1a-c3f8-4925-bb51-ca27d2d9584e
  9. Blu Ray app changes the TV resolution and does not play dvds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray app changes the TV resolution and does not play dvds: As soon as i loaded the BluRay app to play my DVD discs the Xbox thinks my TV is not 4k any more. It refuses to play any DVD but it will play BluRay discs. I had to uninstall the app to get the...
  10. My new xbox ons s blu-ray app doesn´t work with DVDs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox ons s blu-ray app doesn´t work with DVDs: Play Blu-Rays works fine, high resolution and 7.1 sound, but when I play a DVD the resolution is 520i and no sound. I have tried to reinstall the box... and the blu-ray app....