block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.

Discus and support block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How can I block updates for installed games for members in my Microsoft family? we have a limited amount of internet per month, and my kids do updates... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jonathan brophy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.

How can I block updates for installed games for members in my Microsoft family?

we have a limited amount of internet per month, and my kids do updates to my installed games and waste all our internet.

could it be made possible to do it like the family timer settings or where it sends you an email saying your child wants to update this game.

an alternative would be a setting a download limit per month.

we only have 120gb per month and being some game updates are 20gb+ it does not take long to wipe out our data for the month.

and as we have a 4g connection it can wipe out our monthly allowance in a few hours.

:)

jonathan brophy, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Screen Time Limits Not Working

When I first set screen time limits for my son's account by duration (x hours per day) all worked. when I added a time window to the limits (3p to 7p per day) the limits stopped working. Even if I block all access for the day my son can still play. Please
    help!

thanks

Linda KayErickson, Jun 29, 2018
  3. swinney
    swinney Guest
    Per Child Time Limits

Is it possible to set per child time limits on a Family account? I would like to limit my children but not the entire console.

Thanks

Dan

swinney, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Unified screen time across all devices

Hello Talvaller,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Starting in April 2023, Microsoft Family Safety allows you to set separate screen time limits for different devices. This means you can set a 2 hour per day limit for your child's computer, a 1 hour per day limit for their phone and a 30 minute per day limit for their tablet, to do that do the following.

Open the Microsoft Family Safety app.

Tap the name of the family member for whom you set screen time limits.

Go to the corresponding platform you want to set screen time for: Windows/Xbox.

Set screen time for each device as you like.

Select a day to set time ranges and total hours allowed for device use.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/accou...alla-en-todos-los-detivos-a593d725-fc4c-044c- 284d-32eab0305ffd

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. RishabhMulay Win User

Cannot fix "Feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental settings"

Hello there,

I am having trouble with finding custom tunes in Forza Horizon 4.

When I try to do this, I get the message "Feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental settings", although I am not even part of a Microsoft family.

I have tried fixing this in many ways, including, but not limited to:

1. Making a family with another account and joining as an adult

2. Making a family with another account and joining as a child

3. Looking at many potential fixes online, like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l/b1cc5d59-ad5e-4360-961a-81112ba78cc7?auth=1.
    This did not help.

I am using Windows 10.
    Hello,

If your Microsoft is set at an age like 11(any age under 18), you may have to join a family with a member over the age of 18 (set in their Microsoft account) to give you access to online features. I had a similar problem where my account was set to 17 and
    my Xbox wanted me to send a request to my parents via email to purchase a PEGI 18 game, which was strange because I had no parental controls on my account, nor was I in a Microsoft family. So I joined a Microsoft family and tried giving myself permissions
    and it worked. If your account is over the age of 18, try restarting your PC. I hope I resolved your issues.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox one question

7. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

Game pass and child account

Did you set up your family account? Go to settings, Account, Family Settings, Manage family Members, Add to Family. it will cost about 1.50 per kid. But it will be able to set time limits and everything and they will be able to game share with you. Which
    brings me to the next Answer, to set up gameshare go to settings, ( if not already there) go to personalization, my home Xbox and make it your home xbox. Hope this helps. I have 4 kids and had to do this for all so they can all play games.
  8. Mr. Neato Win User

Before you make the leap into Gold Family...be warned. (A Fix!)

[quote user="AKSkinz"]

Yes it is restricted to 1 Adult per family... I was told that repeatedly by some of the support people I have dealt with in the last 5 months dealing with this issue. I have reviewed any and all documentation I could find about the "Family Pack" and no where
    does it state this limitation (and it is a very "big" limitation).

[/quote]

Until they allow at least 2 adult accounts per Family Plan, it simply isn't worth it (IMO).
Thema:

block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.

1. block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month. - Similar Threads - block game updates

2. Block puzzle game froud game,mare sath froud hua pls mare paise bapis krwa do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Block puzzle game froud game,mare sath froud hua pls mare paise bapis krwa do: My Name is Richa,Mare sath froud hua hai pls mare payment mujhe refund krwa do b85683d4-e8dd-49f2-ab27-77da5b15e45b
  3. How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...: using a windows 11 (pc) and the Xbox game bar to chat in Xbox. They only way it will allow me to use a microphone is to open a dialogue box and then pin it. But when I do that the dialogue box...
  4. Blocking in the game sea of thieves

in XBoX on Windows
    Blocking in the game sea of thieves: Hello, I want to find out why I log into the Sea of Thieves game and they write to me that my account has been blocked forever, although I have not violated any conditions.And there are no locks...
  5. Every time i try opening the game, a pop up shows up saying ''Blocked game''

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time i try opening the game, a pop up shows up saying ''Blocked game'': any ideas on how to fix it? error code is (0x0) [img] 040c5c27-cb19-4edb-847f-77923b7fe533
  6. I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all...: I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all Xbox popups but it still keeps coming up - How do I get rid of this from happening ? Here's the weblink...
  7. How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?: This "feature" needs to allow users to NOT use it. Quick Resume messes up every time I go to play Fortnite. I have to remember to turn off the "feature" each time when I finish playing so it won't...
  8. self-censor/block ads for games on Solitaire &Casual games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    self-censor/block ads for games on Solitaire &Casual games: Is there any way I can self-censor/block ads for some games or is it an all or nothing proposition? I understand the need for ads and I don't want to pay to remove them, but there are some I just...
  9. When I unlock an achievement on MS online games and go to post it on Facebook it is block...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I unlock an achievement on MS online games and go to post it on Facebook it is block...: When I unlock an achievement on MS online games and go to post it on Facebook it is blocked under the guise of the Canadian news exclusion by Meta. But I am not a journalist, nor do I work for a...
  10. Teredo is unable to qualify error it block me to play with friends in xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify error it block me to play with friends in xbox game pass: Hi I tried to fix this error but it didn't work because I don't know where is the problem is it from my router block teredo or I don't have teredo tunneling adapter and I tried to download it...