Blank screen

Discus and support Blank screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox shows the green screen and xbox logo when powering up but just goes to a blank (black) screen, can't even see the home menu or anything, If you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Donaghadee, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Blank screen

Xbox shows the green screen and xbox logo when powering up but just goes to a blank (black) screen, can't even see the home menu or anything, If you insert a disc it will play the game but jus won't show the home screen. If you hold in the xbox button on
    the controller it will bring up the option to turn the xbox or controller off but that's all I can get.

Anyone know anything???

:)

The Donaghadee, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Von Elb
    Von Elb Guest
    Blank screen

oh ok. my polaroid tv doesn't seem to recognise the hdmi input either. maybe contact panasonic.

Von Elb, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Blank screen

its the hdmi cable that im having trouble with which doesnt have a switch. do you mean the switch thats on the older cable what comes with the xbox? thanks

Oo Baker 6 oO, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Blank screen

got sorted, there was an update that didn't get to finish caused this, just reset the xbox keeping my all my games n apps n good as new

The Donaghadee, Oct 22, 2017
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

blank screen

Please try the following steps:

1. Go to settings / blu ray and erase the permanent storage.

2. Perform a system cache reset. Keep the powerbutton for about 15 seconds. Keep it holding even when the one turns off. Wait for the power supply to change the color to orange and then restart the console.

Check if that solves your problem or if it occurs again.
  6. Sadoldgit1 Win User

blank screen

Afraid it didnt help. It seems to be addressing a screen freeze situation, not a blank screen, which is my problem
  7. Von Elb Win User

Blank screen

oh ok. my polaroid tv doesn't seem to recognise the hdmi input either. maybe contact panasonic.
  8. Oo Baker 6 oO Win User

Blank screen

its the hdmi cable that im having trouble with which doesnt have a switch. do you mean the switch thats on the older cable what comes with the xbox? thanks
  9. Austinator2000 Win User

Screen is blank.

My controller does connect, but it does not make any noise, even when I waited.
Thema:

Blank screen

1. Blank screen - Similar Threads - Blank screen

2. Blank Screen after Xbox Logo (Cloud Gaming)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank Screen after Xbox Logo (Cloud Gaming): Hi, I have an issue after launching the game I always get a blank screen after the Xbox Logo and it kicked me back to home screen. But a weird thing is that if I'm using a VPN it can load the game...
  3. Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen: My Xbox series x stays blank screen I have tried the power down and power up holding eject and power for 20 seconds but the screen just stays black 30623de8-8b64-43e1-bd84-53ae15ad964e
  4. i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...: help plsss *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 0e68efce-9caf-4d52-a787-430259d2d384
  5. Get a blank white screen when signing in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Get a blank white screen when signing in: As soon as I sign in I get a blank white screen. I’ve tried hard reset and soft. I’ve tried removing my account and re entering it nothing works I really don’t want to lose all my memory please...
  6. My console has turned red and the screen is blank

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console has turned red and the screen is blank: My console has turned red and the screen is blank 4c6e4d91-9c27-45bc-917e-4879872296bc
  7. Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...: Powers up connects to tv hdmi but no screen tried different hdmi cable same issue 5c048e54-f1b6-465c-91aa-62f632199078
  8. Xbox one S blank Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S blank Screen: Tried power button and connection button and it just turns off. I can’t get into low res mode. I have swapped HDMI ports and Cables on the TV. It worked fine last night, now when I got home from...
  9. XBox One shows a blank green screen upon startup.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One shows a blank green screen upon startup.: When starting up my XBox, it makes the startup tone and hangs on a totally blank green screen. When I attempt to startup to the troubleshooting menu, it makes the chime noise that the menu is...
  10. Xbox one S all digital blank screen issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S all digital blank screen issues: Hey guys, so, my Xbox one S all digital console hasn’t been connecting to the tv through the hdmi cable, the tv just keeps saying it can’t detect anything. So I followed the troubleshooting...