Black screen with remote console play - Windows 11

Discus and support Black screen with remote console play - Windows 11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to remote play to my xbox series x from the xbox app in Windows 11, it plays the rocket animation as its trying to connect, then it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by o CoffeeBeanZ o, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Black screen with remote console play - Windows 11

Whenever I attempt to remote play to my xbox series x from the xbox app in Windows 11, it plays the rocket animation as its trying to connect, then it connects to my xbox but just shows a black screen. I can hear the audio if I move the controller around, but no display. I have attempted to remote play the SAME console from another windows 11 device and same issue. However, it DOES work normally when I connect to my xbox from Android or iOS. The issue is solely related to Windows 11 machines.

:)

o CoffeeBeanZ o, Oct 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this O.

Is the other windows PC connected to the same wifi network in your home?
    If yes, can you try using a different wifi network?
    (For example sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and connect your PC in that way)
    This helps to isolate a bit more the issue

In the meantime, please answer the following questions as well:
    Do you know if your windows system or any app has received recently an update?
    Or when this started to happen?
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS on your Windows system?
    Are you part of the windows gaming program available in the Insider Hub app?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this problem?
    In rhar way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Black screen with Remote Play - Windows 11

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Mate, based on all the procedures you performed, my advice would be to report this instability to the xbox service like this:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button and select Report a problem.

2. Select Report New Issue.

3. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Select your preferred method to complete your report

I say this, because all the methods of solutions for this error, you have already tested, mainly test on other devices.

So I believe the best option is to report this error.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Black Screen on Console Remote Play PC

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Type ''Xbox'' in Windows bar>right mouse button and go to apps settings, click ''terminate, repair and restore'' Then try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall the app.
  5. Arshia Estakhrian Win User

Black Screen on Console Remote Play PC

None of the above solved the problem.
  6. j1mmers Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue on Windows 11 Xbox App, tried everything that people said here, but still black screen after the spaceship. Streaming works fine on my iPhone. Something curious is that even if its a black screen I can still hear the xbox sounds and games, but only the black screen is the issue...
    Yep. Seems to be a widespread problem. The only solution is to turn your TV on before streaming. If the TV is on it works flawless.

I really hope they come out with a fix because I don't want to have my TV on when I stream remotely. Defeats the purpose.
Thema:

1. Black screen with remote console play - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Black screen remote

2. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  3. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  4. Xbox Remote Play Black Screen on IPhone

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Remote Play Black Screen on IPhone: I’ve played using Xbox remote play on my phone for a while now without any issues, I recently stopped for a few months and started again. That’s when i started getting the issue of a black screen...
  5. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  6. While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen: tried hard reset, hdmi port and cable change, network port change, resolution change(essentially all fixes I could have found) and nothing has changes. Today it has happened twice in the span of 5...
  7. Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...: re-opening this thread because the issue was not resolved and I have the exact same problem except I have something to add. My X1X worked flawlessly streaming to my Win10 PC but my XSX just shows...
  8. Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this?: I tried setting up remote play on my Ipad Air to stream from my Xbox Series X but all it shows is a black screen even though I'm using the same Wifi as my Xbox. I've updated the Ipad and Xbox app...
  9. Cannot use remote play on my PC or iPhone. Get a black screen for about 1 minute and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use remote play on my PC or iPhone. Get a black screen for about 1 minute and then...: Hi, Please could you let me know if there is a fix to this? I have seen the following forum:...
  10. Remote play on Xbox PC App black screen on android tabled is woking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play on Xbox PC App black screen on android tabled is woking: Hello, I have been attempting to use remote play on my Windows 11 PC using the Xbox App. However, despite trying to access it from multiple Windows 10/11 PCs connected over LAN and my laptop...