Black screen when trying to remote play on my laptop

Discus and support Black screen when trying to remote play on my laptop in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I try to remote play on the xbox App to my Series X on my pc the whole app turns black and not even the rocket shows up. I have tested it up in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cuauhtemoc Arellano, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Black screen when trying to remote play on my laptop

When I try to remote play on the xbox App to my Series X on my pc the whole app turns black and not even the rocket shows up. I have tested it up in other devices and in my other laptop it works fine even if its older than the one im having trouble with. The app still reacts and shows if im ready to leave when i try closing the app. unistalling the app and resintalling it doesnt help either. I will be really happy to see if anyone has a solution to this problem.

:)

Cuauhtemoc Arellano, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Cuauhtemoc welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. Cuauhtemoc Arellano Win User

Sorry for the late reply! I did everything you said i needed to do and I sitll have this issue unfortunately. Do you know any other way I can try to fix it? Thank you.
  4. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
  5. EyalEngel1 Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

Same. Was able to remote play perfectly until the recent update to the app. Now I can't. My console is connected via Ethernet, as is my laptop at work. Speeds exceed 500MB on either end. I get a black screen that says "We found your console but can't connect. Try a different network".

I tested the remote play on my Wi-Fi (the same network the Xbox is connected to) last night, and it worked just fine. Seems like the recent update broke the ability to play games from other networks.
  6. olivia_546 Win User

Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to play what I paid for.

Hi I tried all of your suggestions and nothing worked. My laptop is new of which I only bought a few days ago. There was no error code and it was not working at any point. I even tried to play it via remote play and all I got was a black screen. I also tried to remote install the games and that didn’t work either. Please me I don’t know what to do.
Thema:

1. Black screen when trying to remote play on my laptop - Similar Threads - Black screen trying

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...: Hi, my pc app doesn't go past the xbox logo on the black screen when i start it, I've tried updating my computer and switching it on/off and it still hasn't worked, it just stays open for abit...
  5. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  6. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  7. Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.: Today 31/12/2023 I have noticed that HDR content on YouTube will not work for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app I've tried the beta app I've even hard restarted it to...
  8. Every time I try and play black ops 3 I am stoped while loading on by a screen that is just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I try and play black ops 3 I am stoped while loading on by a screen that is just...: Every time I try and play black ops 3 I am stoped while loading on by a screen that is just stuck in saying “connecting to online service” Anybody know how to fix this?...
  9. Xbox one X black screen when I try to turn on the console, error messages of E106 OR E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X black screen when I try to turn on the console, error messages of E106 OR E102: My Xbox one X was working just fine, but then in crashed during a game. I force the xbox one x off. Then when i try to turn it on, all I get is a black screen. I tried to factory reset the...
  10. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50