Black screen problem after startup and login on Xbox One X

Discus and support Black screen problem after startup and login on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, this issue seems to be going on with a lot of people right now. For my particular machine, the black screen shows up after the startup animation... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WookieAxeman698, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Black screen problem after startup and login on Xbox One X

Hey, this issue seems to be going on with a lot of people right now. For my particular machine, the black screen shows up after the startup animation is finished. I even see the little login icon flash by. However, the whole system settles in a black screen that’s completely unresponsive to anything I do on the controller besides a long press of the X button to turn off the console.

I’ve waited on it for more than 10min, still black

I’ve power cycled the console, still black

I’ve tried resetting it to factory status, still black.

It can’t be a hardware issue because the startup animation plays just fine

However, the Xbox app on my iPad can’t detect the console when I turn if on. Maybe an internet connection issue? Can’t login or stuck in a loop? If so, how do I fix it if I can’t do anything with my controller?

Any other ideas beyond going to the nearest GameStop?

:)

WookieAxeman698, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I just want to clarify, were you able to reset the console through the Xbox Troubleshooter page and by choosing "reset and keep my games and apps"?

I would also appreciate it if you can press the Xbox button on your controller and let me know if you can see the "turn off console, turn off controller, restart console" options.
  3. WookieAxeman698 Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I just want to clarify, were you able to reset the console through the Xbox Troubleshooter page and by choosing "reset and keep my games and apps"?

I would also appreciate it if you can press the Xbox button on your controller and let me know if you can see the "turn off console, turn off controller, restart console" options.
    Any more suggestions on how to bypass this issue? Maybe I can do an offline reinstall of the firmware? Do you think that will work?
  4. WookieAxeman698 Win User

No, as I said in the post, the screen continues to be black even after pressing the “eject” and “power” button simultaneously and waiting until the second beep. There’s no such option as “reset” for my machine. It’s just a blank unresponsive screen.

I believe I listed the three main solutions that the troubleshoot had. All resulted in a black screen.

As for the Xbox button, that’s the only thing I can do on my controller. The turn off and restart option is all I see.
  5. MemeMaster_12 Win User

Will my fortnite game file get corrupted if my Xbox shuts down by itself because of inactivity

The power button on my Xbox started flashing when it got to the startup screen after that the screen turned black and it booted up normally
  6. Podelu Win User

Titanfall won't play on XBOX One after install.

hello

Can not play a Titanfall

During the startup of the game black screen.

I have an Xbox one

Have you had the problem?

You know what?

thank you
Thema:

1. Black screen problem after startup and login on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Black screen problem

2. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it: I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some YouTube videos on it and they all said the same...
  3. Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?: Hello everyone, can someone help me with this? I was calmly playing Forza Motorsport with my Series s that I bought a month ago, everything was fine but when I press the home button to return to...
  4. Problems with black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with black screen: Hello everyone, I have problem when i try to turn on my xbox series s i don’t have a signal on my monitor. I found some tips how to restart manualy by presing a xbox logo and pairinig bottom....
  5. Alpha Skip-Ahead Problem = Black Screen Mods Don't Delete = Please

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip-Ahead Problem = Black Screen Mods Don't Delete = Please: Alpha Skip-Ahead Problem = System seams Very Unstable = After doing anything loke Game or App and looking in Microsoft Rewards and\or Xbox insiders app = Black Screen Mods Don't Delete = Please...
  6. Xbox s black screen but has sound not a HDMI problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox s black screen but has sound not a HDMI problem: Got an Xbox series **** was working fine all of a sudden the image ain't coming up on my screen it's just a black screen the sound comes through and I'll get a flicker of image but then it goes...
  7. XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem: Basically the problem is, when playing a game for sometime like for example an hour or two, and then going back to the home screen, the XBOX series X would just stay stuck on a black screen. The...
  8. Problem with my Xbox One X. Green stripes and black screen flickering

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my Xbox One X. Green stripes and black screen flickering: Hello. I use one monitor to play on my personal computer and on the console (I have Xbox One X) After I switched to my monitor HDMI from Xbox to HDMI from Computer, I stopped getting a 1080p...
  9. Problem : black screen during loading screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem : black screen during loading screens: So I've had a problem for 2 days. Suddenly, I have a black screen in the middle of a loading sequence. For example on Battlefield V, as soon as I join a game, it's going to make me a black screen...
  10. Let it snow! New TCL TV problem after fixing the flashing black screen issue

in XboX Insiders
    Let it snow! New TCL TV problem after fixing the flashing black screen issue: [IMG] I had the issue where my screen would flash black every issue 100 seconds or so like everybody else. But that was fixed with the latest TCL update released a couple of weeks ago. However,...