Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update

Discus and support Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Near the end of August, my Xbox One did a system update and is currently experiencing the Black Screen of Death, like quite a few others have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Banjo Dude 98, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update

Near the end of August, my Xbox One did a system update and is currently experiencing the Black Screen of Death, like quite a few others have experienced. The new system update that released a couple days ago did not resolve the issue (updated it via offline usb for the Sept 23 update).

The issue is, I do not want to format my system if I can avoid it, because I have some game clips recorded which are not uploaded to Xbox Live. If I format, these will be deleted.

Do I have any other options? I would like to be able to save these clips if at all possible.

:)

Banjo Dude 98, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Banjo Dude 98 Win User

I did the reset and chose keep my games & apps. The reset was successful, my games and applications were all there, but all of the locally-stored game clips were deleted.

In case anyone has this same issue in the future and stumbles upon this post, locally-stored game clips (that haven't been uploaded to Xbox Live or stored on a removable disc) will be deleted when doing a system reset.
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Do the command and a screen with 4 options will appear, select ''reset'' and then keep the games and apps. Before making the command, remove everything from the console and just leave the HDMI cable and power cable.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

*Nothing will be deleted from your console. You will have to go through the initial setup and log in to your accounts again.
  4. Banjo Dude 98 Win User

No worries! It was only a couple dozen or so, and things I could probably do again if I tried hard.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Sorry about that, mate. I really didn't think this would delete game clips even though I chose the option to keep games and apps. But unfortunately, you had no other way than resetting the console.
  6. SammyVS Win User

I believe this option will not delete captures as it does not delete your games.

''Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps''
Thema:

1. Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update - Similar Threads - Black Screen Death

2. My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death: I recently bought this xbox knowing it was messed up, knowing the issue and knowing the usual fix. However, i tried fixing it and its no longer working. is there a new fix for this? (i power on...
  3. Black screen of death on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death on Xbox one: Hi I have now came across the black screen of death on my Xbox one, have tried power off and on suggestions, switched to a new HDMI cable, have now even had the HDMI port with a physical check,...
  4. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....
  5. I have a Xbox One X with the "black screen of death"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox One X with the "black screen of death": The console was normal until we disconected it from the power plug (it was off) and then when we tried to turn on again, no video. I've already tried to change the HDMI cable and the power cable....
  6. Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death: My Xbox one s only goes to the black screen of death 5315bb4b-1f58-400a-8041-c4592c08ba60
  7. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  8. I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH AND I CANT EVEN SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH AND I CANT EVEN SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT: I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH on my xbox one s and I gave it to the repair shop.After i got my xbox I FORGOT MY PASSWORD so i clicked the option FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD and they asked my...
  9. black screen of death cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen of death cloud: I try to load game from cloud but black screen appears and then it crashes. like **** I spent 150 on the game pass and im not even a week in. like f Microsoft no one should buy this ever ! just...
  10. How to fix black screen of death?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix black screen of death?: My xbox has been stuck on the "black screen of death" for two days now. i've tried every solution i've seen on youtube and other articles. nothing is working. i tried to bring up the "safe mode"...