Black screen flashing while streaming Xbox ONE to Windows 10 with TV turned off

Discus and support Black screen flashing while streaming Xbox ONE to Windows 10 with TV turned off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox streaming through Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10 (ver 48.76.8001.00000) works fine when the TV and audio receiver that the Xbox One is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Phane7, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Phane7
    Phane7 Guest

Xbox streaming through Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10 (ver 48.76.8001.00000) works fine when the TV and audio receiver that the Xbox One is connected to are turned on. However, when they are turned off, the streamed video flashes a black screen every 1-3 seconds. This flashing seems similar to ones I've seen when there is an HDCP handshake issue. This problem wasn't happening a few weeks ago and power cycling both the PC and the Xbox ONE did nothing to resolve the issue.

When I move the mouse to the top and have the status bar show up, or pull up streaming statistics, they do NOT flicker while image being streamed from the Xbox ONE does, which tells me the issue isn't with my monitor.

:)

Phane7, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Anton Duvenhage Win User

Flashing Black screen. LG tv, Xbox one s

No they are not 4k tv's. Only mine. On the other tv's doesn't matter what resolution I use. It flashes and black screen. On my tv no flashes on 1440p only when playing certain games and streaming it flashing black screen and no signal. But on 1440p it starts up no problem. Going through menus no problem. Playing call of duty problem.
  3. OllyBongo1 Win User
  4. Magistrar Win User

Game streaming resolution when TV is off or on different input

Here's some additional details for Microsoft. I am using two xbox ones and a windows 10 pc:

- an original model xbox one connected to a 1080p tv and a wireless AC network connection

- an xbox one S connected to a 4K tv and wired networking

- windows 10 pc with a 1080p monitor and wired networking

Game streaming works perfectly to the original model xbox one with a wireless connection. From my windows 10 PC I can turn on the console, start streaming, and the resolution is great.

With the xbox one S though, even though I have a wired network connection to both the PC and that xbox, I will only be able to stream in 640x480 resolution unless I turn on the TV before I try to stream. I can also report that if I do turn on the TV first
    and begin streaming in 1080p, I can then turn off the TV without affecting my 1080p streaming until I turn the xbox off.

This appears to be a bug for our particular configuration, and it's not getting any attention from Microsoft because their streaming test cases are passing. It could be a difference of original model xbox vs. xbox one S, but I'm expecting it has something
    to do with the 4K display settings on the xbox, HDCP, and/or trying to stream to a lower resolution of 1080p.
  5. j1mmers Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue on Windows 11 Xbox App, tried everything that people said here, but still black screen after the spaceship. Streaming works fine on my iPhone. Something curious is that even if its a black screen I can still hear the xbox sounds and games, but only the black screen is the issue...
    Yep. Seems to be a widespread problem. The only solution is to turn your TV on before streaming. If the TV is on it works flawless.

I really hope they come out with a fix because I don't want to have my TV on when I stream remotely. Defeats the purpose.
  6. Pastystuff Win User

The Xbox One S and my tv

My TV (LG 60UF7300) has the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color as well. According to the Xbox One S support page, this is another name for HDR 10. Unfortunately, I've been having an issue with the Ultra HD Deep Color turned on. It's causing my screen to flash black
    pretty frequently. It also says that HDR is turned off and that I can turn it on on a different menu, but the option is not selectable.
Thema:

1. Black screen flashing while streaming Xbox ONE to Windows 10 with TV turned off - Similar Threads - Black screen flashing

2. Flashing Black screen. LG tv, Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flashing Black screen. LG tv, Xbox one s: good day. i have a Xbox one s and a LG led UHD 4k tv. my HDMI port on the tv deep cooler is active. i have a 4k high speed HDMI cable. my Xbox one s resolution is set on 1440p because 4k is giving...
  3. How can I fix the black screen flashes on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the black screen flashes on my Xbox series X: I have had my Xbox series X now for nearly a year and just a couple of days ago I reset the tv settings so I could get the most from my 4K tv for gaming and now I’m getting flashing black screen...
  4. Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes: Have just purchased Xbox X in upgrade of my Xbox One. Playing on a Toshiba 50UA3A63DB TV. Had no issues with my xbox one but have had 2 xbox x's and both have been giving me intermittent black...
  5. Xbox Series X flashing black screen at random - April 22, 2023.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X flashing black screen at random - April 22, 2023.: My Xbox Series X has been randomly flashing a black screen for a second or two during gameplay, video streaming or while sitting on the home screen. The audio keeps playing though. I have a...
  6. HDR causing screen to flash black randomly

in XboX Insiders
    HDR causing screen to flash black randomly: Hello having massive issues with HDR on my series X it just flashes black pretty regularly whenever I play a game using HDR or any streaming service with HDR. Only just started happening over the...
  7. Series X - White Flash / Black Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - White Flash / Black Screen: Is anyone else having issues with their Series X randomly flashing a bright white flash on their tv screen then goes to a black screen for 3-5 seconds. This happened the first night I got the...
  8. Black screen flash on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen flash on xbox one x: I have tried switching hdmi cables and thought it was just while playing sea of thieves but now it's doing it on other games too. It just started happening a couple months ago and progressively...
  9. problem XBOX ONE X flash of black screen !!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem XBOX ONE X flash of black screen !!!: Hi ... I'm aiming for a general problem with many players with 4K screens from all the companies Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG and I have replaced the XBOX ONE X twice at the store and the problem...
  10. Xbox One Screen Flash black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Screen Flash black: Hey Community, I have got some Problems with my Xbox One. After 2 or 3 hours of playing my TV (Philips 40PFL6505) Screen becomes black for a few secounds and the Sound is also gone for that time....