Black screen after normal Green startup

Discus and support Black screen after normal Green startup in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I updated to insider alpha skip ahead, and now on startup my Xbox One will show the normal Green startup logo but then go completely black. A message... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pdt395, May 27, 2021.

1. /u/Pdt395
    /u/Pdt395 Guest

I updated to insider alpha skip ahead, and now on startup my Xbox One will show the normal Green startup logo but then go completely black.

A message will say sign in failed, sign in with controller then more black

The controller will do absolutely nothing and cause no noises or changes on screen except when holding the home button, the power off options will appear.

Whats going on?

submitted by /u/Pdt395
    [link] [comments]

/u/Pdt395, May 27, 2021
  2. MemeMaster_12 Win User

Will my fortnite game file get corrupted if my Xbox shuts down by itself because of inactivity

The power button on my Xbox started flashing when it got to the startup screen after that the screen turned black and it booted up normally
  3. Bazajaytee Win User

Green screen to black screen

Just as a heads up, the black screen is normal.

It should be green splash, black screen then dashboard.

After a system update, the black screen can remain for a few minutes before you see anything.
  4. ecosse99 Win User

Black screen after the green startup screen

I tried everything on this post to fix our Xbox One with the black screen after the latest update (August 2021) like holding down the sync and eject buttons at the same time as well as unplugging everything after holding down the power button for 15 minutes, NOTHING WORKED. This is what worked on our Xbox One that was bought in 2015:

1) KEEP THE XBOX PLUGGED IN.

2) UNPLUG THE ETHERNET CABLE (INTERNET CABLE) FROM THE BACK OF THE XBOX!

3) PRESS AND HOLD THE SYNC AND EJECT BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL YOU HEAR A SECOND BEEP.

This should bring up the reset screen. Automatically this worked for our system and brought up the reset screen with the option to keep or delete our games. Once we chose the reset option to keep our games and plugged the internet cable back in we had to sign back in using our Xbox email and password. I thought we would lose our live game pass but it reloaded everything as it was before the update.
  5. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Follow this step but first, remove anything connected to the console and just leave the power cord and HDMI cable connected to the console.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

You will see a screen with 4 options, select ''reset'' and then ''keeping games and app. You won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello GrantStockrahm

I would suggest preforming Soft Factory reset as it will fix this issue. You can reset your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

(Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter on these consoles by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button)
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
Thema:

1. Black screen after normal Green startup - Similar Threads - Black screen normal

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  3. Xbox black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox black screen.: I've seen plenty of other stories from people about xbox black screens. But none quite like my situation. My xbox one glitched for several minutes during a game update. Most of the functions still...
  4. Black screen of death on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death on Xbox one: Hi I have now came across the black screen of death on my Xbox one, have tried power off and on suggestions, switched to a new HDMI cable, have now even had the HDMI port with a physical check,...
  5. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  6. xbox screen flashing black?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox screen flashing black?: why does my xbox one x flash black then return to normal randomly, I would just deal with it but it happens super often like every second or so. How do I fix this?...
  7. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  8. How to fix a not normal black screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix a not normal black screen?: Hi! Today when I turned my Xbox one s on I got a no signal. I searched for hours but everything I tried it didn't work like it doesn't work when I hold the buttons and I tried to go to...
  9. The Store freezes for a second, goes to a black screen, then goes back to normal. Does this...

in XboX Insiders
    The Store freezes for a second, goes to a black screen, then goes back to normal. Does this...: It's hard to describe what the Store has been doing recently but the store sometimes while I'm browsing games will freeze for a second, flash a black screen, then go back to normal. I have an Xbox...
  10. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.: : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry. I am having a video issue with my original Xbox one. I have confirmed...