Black intermittent flickering screen ? Dont buy a new TV, do this instead.....

Discus and support Black intermittent flickering screen ? Dont buy a new TV, do this instead..... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok after about a month of scouring the net on a possible solution I think I've finally cracked it.......... My problem was that I was getting a black... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Macabre1980, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Macabre1980
    Macabre1980 Guest

Ok after about a month of scouring the net on a possible solution I think I've finally cracked it..........

My problem was that I was getting a black flickering screen on my Sony Bravia KDL40S5500 whenever my Sky HD box was plugged into the back of my Xbox one, not all the time but more often than not.

After doing the steps that I will post in a link down below, I have no longer got the problem of the screen flickering black .

Give it a go and let me know your outcome people.

Hopefully it works for you guys and gals too.

So far its been on 2 hours at the time of typing this and not one flicker yet

Hope it helps

Link :
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

:)

Macabre1980, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Screen flickering black

What monitor are you using?

Do you get the same flickering problems when you connect the Xbox to a different display or TV? Definitely try this out.

As far as I can tell, it sounds like an HDCP problem.

Internet Expert, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Kelemvor79
    Kelemvor79 Guest
    Intermittent black screen

Hello!!

I see that you have made several checks but you have tried to change the HDMI cable of the TV port, if you have it connected in the HDMI 1 test to connect it in the HDMI 2 or 3.

Another thing you can do if you have a family member or a friend is to try the xbox at home or on another TV, otherwise you should take your xbox to check

Kelemvor79, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Marc Smiler
    Marc Smiler Guest

Did this resolve your problem? I am getting a similar issue?

Marc Smiler, Feb 24, 2014
  5. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    The link he posted is for those who cannot get the update due to no internet, internet issues, etc...... be very careful using this tool. It is not intended for a fix, nor can I verify that this would in fact solve anything.

I recommend rebooting your X1 like this: With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5 seconds until it shuts off. Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot. You should see the green Xbox
    One splash screen upon reboot. It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.

Also try this: Troubleshooting a Blank Screen TV or Monitor While Your Xbox One is on

Last thing: Are you a European Customer with a 50hz TV?

BusGod, Feb 24, 2014
  6. BusGod, I am a european customer with the same tv, a sony bravia kdl-40s5500. I tried changing as many settings as I could on both the xbox one and the tv but nothing worked. I spoke to the helpline for the shop where I bought the xbox and was told to
    return it for exchange which I did. Unfortunately the replacement console is doing the exact same thing even when using different hdmi cables plugged in to different tv hdmi inputs. For some reason it also seems worse (to happen more frequently) when the
    xbox is downloading content. I have set the use 50Hz option in the settings but it does not make a difference so any help than can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

magictorch041, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Marc Smiler Win User

Did this resolve your problem? I am getting a similar issue?
  8. BusGod Win User

The link he posted is for those who cannot get the update due to no internet, internet issues, etc...... be very careful using this tool. It is not intended for a fix, nor can I verify that this would in fact solve anything.

I recommend rebooting your X1 like this: With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5 seconds until it shuts off. Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot. You should see the green Xbox
    One splash screen upon reboot. It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.

Also try this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

Last thing: Are you a European Customer with a 50hz TV?
  9. magictorch041 Win User

BusGod, I am a european customer with the same tv, a sony bravia kdl-40s5500. I tried changing as many settings as I could on both the xbox one and the tv but nothing worked. I spoke to the helpline for the shop where I bought the xbox and was told to
    return it for exchange which I did. Unfortunately the replacement console is doing the exact same thing even when using different hdmi cables plugged in to different tv hdmi inputs. For some reason it also seems worse (to happen more frequently) when the
    xbox is downloading content. I have set the use 50Hz option in the settings but it does not make a difference so any help than can be provided would be greatly appreciated.
  10. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  11. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
Thema:

1. Black intermittent flickering screen ? Dont buy a new TV, do this instead..... - Similar Threads - Black intermittent flickering

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console: I was getting stuck at the green Xbox screen. I did a factory reset and now it's stuck on the black screen. How do I fix this? Please and thank you. submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  4. My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death: I recently bought this xbox knowing it was messed up, knowing the issue and knowing the usual fix. However, i tried fixing it and its no longer working. is there a new fix for this? (i power on...
  5. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  6. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  7. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  8. Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen: My xbox series s randomly had a black screen that will randomly happen and stay for about 3 seconds then everything goes back to normal. Any ideas on how to fix this. Happens during Fortnite And...
  9. Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C

in XboX Insiders
    Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C: Just purchased the 65 inch Samsung Q80C TV and noticed when using my Xbox one, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds every 10ish seconds. Note that I have the Xbox one and there is no auto HDR...
  10. Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes: Have just purchased Xbox X in upgrade of my Xbox One. Playing on a Toshiba 50UA3A63DB TV. Had no issues with my xbox one but have had 2 xbox x's and both have been giving me intermittent black...