Black and white squares texture glitch

Discus and support Black and white squares texture glitch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having an issue with series S sense I’ve opened it. When and what game seems to be at random but some games like Halo infinite and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Davejamgritt, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Davejamgritt
    Davejamgritt Guest

Hello,

I have been having an issue with series S sense I’ve opened it. When and what game seems to be at random but some games like Halo infinite and Back 4 blood seem to set it off instantly. Once it starts happening I exit out the game by selecting it and exit game. Then when I try open a new game or do a restart the series S will crash.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled every game. I have preformed restarts and also did a full restart by unplugging my Xbox for 5 minutes.

After those steps did not work I turned off : Allow YCC 4:2:2. I read people have had success with that when not using 4K monitors but it didn’t stop it in my case.

I then did a full factory restore twice to no avail. Complete fresh downloads of every game still have the same issue.

I’m at my wits end I’m really hoping this isn’t a send back in to get fixed kind of issue but any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Davejamgritt, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Davejamgritt Win User

Hello Jesse I clicked resolved by mistake. Thanks for the quick response. I have indeed tried a few different monitors and tv’s. They all have the same issue. I should have mentioned that too my apologies.
  3. Davejamgritt Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is examples of two games cod vanguard and halo infinite. In cod it breaks into bright colours all other games are black and white or on that scale. Overwatch also does it. And both x/s and Xbox one versions of battle field.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You've performed most of the troubleshooting I'd recommend. Here's what I'll suggest, first try to play on a different TV/Monitor, also switch HDMI ports/cable as well and see if that makes a difference. Usually an issue like this might be from the display.
  5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

glitching screen - black squares

6. XBF Steven R Win User

glitching screen - black squares

Hey there TommyButterton,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your console to stop your console from behaving like that. I can totally understand how this sort of this could be distressing. I recommend trying a soft factory reset of the
    console. It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

When ou get the chance, follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    , select the option denoted reset and keep my games & apps and let us know how that helps with the issue .

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. Black and white squares texture glitch - Similar Threads - Black white squares

2. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in XBoX on Windows
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help. 74318dbb-6647-4220-827a-50d78e8cd7ea
  3. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  4. Xbox One S is showing only black and white output, no colour!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S is showing only black and white output, no colour!: my Xbox One S is showing only black and white output. tried few options, but nothing seems to work. The TV is in good condition and the cables are fine . some have said about soft reboot, hard...
  5. Where can I buy a cooling fan for the Xbox one (I have the white xbox with the black plate...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I buy a cooling fan for the Xbox one (I have the white xbox with the black plate...: I’m just looking to see where I can buy a cooling stand, with the controller charger included, specifically for my system, I keep accidentally getting the ones for s and x series....
  6. MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching...: tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching hdmis didnt help tried messing with settings on my xbox didnt help tried resetting xbox and tv didnt help...
  7. My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...: My Xbox app opens into a black screen with a white Xbox logo loading screen. I have left it loading for hours and it doesn't open. The app used to work fine, until this happened. I cannot access...
  8. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b
  9. Why is my screen & everything else black & white after turning on xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my screen & everything else black & white after turning on xbox series x?: Console turns on but when it gets passed the xbox loading screen, everything including apps & games are black & white 4895b4d9-d292-4288-b451-a055f7818766
  10. Screen black and white why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen black and white why?: Why is my screen black and white? d96f2077-6b5f-4459-af05-f417f832c49d